Lost in the flood of beliefs

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Lost in the flood of beliefs

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:00 pm
Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:45 pm Also, considering the Fact of how MANY of 'you' CAUSE the DIRECT 'destroying/killing' OF some 'life forms', just BECAUSE 'you' have COME-TO-LIKE the TASTE of EATING CERTAIN or PARTICULAR KINDS OF animals, and thus ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for DESTROYING 'those life forms', then, REALLY, how MUCH DO 'you' REALLY CARE when it comes to the DESTROYING of 'life forms' just BECAUSE 'you' have just CHANGED the 'rate' or 'direction' of 'the climate'?
If you're angry at human civilization for what WE'VE ALL done out of need and desire (not knowing what the ultimate result would be) then I'm afraid your anger is vain and useless to both you and everyone else. Just FYI (for your information).
For your information I have NEVER EVER been angry at 'human civilization' for what ALL of 'you' have done out of 'need'. To have ANY 'emotional reaction'
at ANY doing for ANY species's 'need' would just be Truly NONSENSICAL, ILLOGICAL, and IRRATIONAL.

However, a LOT of what 'you', adult human beings, DO 'out of your individual desires' the 'anger emotion' COULD VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY ARISE, but BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW and UNDERSTAND, FULLY, HOW and WHY 'you' ALL DO, what 'you' ALL DO 'feeling angry' IS RECOGNIZED, BUT SUPPRESSED.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:41 pm
Age wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:45 pm Also, considering the Fact of how MANY of 'you' CAUSE the DIRECT 'destroying/killing' OF some 'life forms', just BECAUSE 'you' have COME-TO-LIKE the TASTE of EATING CERTAIN or PARTICULAR KINDS OF animals, and thus ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for DESTROYING 'those life forms', then, REALLY, how MUCH DO 'you' REALLY CARE when it comes to the DESTROYING of 'life forms' just BECAUSE 'you' have just CHANGED the 'rate' or 'direction' of 'the climate'?
If you're angry at human civilization for what WE'VE ALL done out of need and desire (not knowing what the ultimate result would be) then I'm afraid your anger is vain and useless to both you and everyone else. Just FYI (for your information).
Btw Age seems unemployable, and it's easier to criticize others while living on welfare (paid for by others)
'This' is right.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:38 pm
Atla wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:41 pm

Btw Age seems unemployable, and it's easier to criticize others while living on welfare (paid for by others)
I don't know. There are CEOs who probably shouldn't be. I have trouble finding employment because I'd rather not contribute to a scandalous economy
ONCE AGAIN "gary childress" I am NOT understanding 'you', and am NOT following 'your' "logic", here.

To 'you',

There are so-called "ceo'" who probably should NOT be 'what', EXACTLY? And,

Do 'you' MEAN that 'you' are NOT 'currently' working 'now' because 'you' have LIMITED the types of jobs that 'you' have CHOSEN 'you' would do?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:38 pm but I've worked enough to know that there are not a whole lot of alternatives out there for people who just want to work at something virtuous.
I would have thought that there would have been MANY so-called 'virtuous companies' who would be VERY WELCOMING of 'those' who would want to work VOLUNTARY.

Or, do 'you' want to work doing some 'thing' so-called 'virtuously' only if 'you' get a monetary reward for it "gary childress"?
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:38 pm However, non-profits and not-for-profits are probably the best thing overall to get into at this point.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
Of which, once again, I thought many of 'them' would welcome VOLUNTEERS.