Open Letter to Woke Students

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Open Letter to Woke Students

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I do not have to debate. I would only need to toss up any idea, supposition or presentation that I had idiosyncratically determined countered the (idiosyncratic) idea that you are sure is sufficient for the absolute position that you hold.

I am less interested in the debate and more in the structure of the arguments.

I do not have to let go simply because I never took hold (if I make myself clear).
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gee, guy, it an't nuthin' to get riled up over.

Just...
F78F60C1-F4F8-41B8-B75C-06625DD6F8CE.png
F78F60C1-F4F8-41B8-B75C-06625DD6F8CE.png (25.95 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I never held it. What I do here — on this forum — is examine what people think, why they think it, and how they support what they think. And my purpose is to use that in my self-examination.

I certainly couldn’t — wouldn’t want to — let go of that. It’s my raison d’être!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:05 pm I never held it. What I do here — on this forum — is examine what people think, why they think it, and how they support what they think. And my purpose is to use that in my self-examination.

I certainly couldn’t — wouldn’t want to — let go of that. It’s my raison d’être!
If someone murdered you, would you be able to pursue your raison d’être? It sort of sounds to me that you have certain priorities that you should establish first and foremost in order to give yourself the ability to pursue your raison d’être. Perhaps, as a fellow human being, you therefore ought to consent to a right not to be murdered. Do you disagree?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Will you make a $199.00 donation to my Email Course? It will go a looooonnnggg way in your recovery process.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:58 pm Will you make a $199.00 donation to my Email Course? It will go a looooonnnggg way in your recovery process.
Provide me a link to your course and I'll take a look at the link, if I feel assured it doesn't have malicious content.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

It is utterly malicious. A sheer, unrelenting maliciousness with chilling focus.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:17 pm It is utterly malicious. A sheer, unrelenting maliciousness with chilling focus.
OK. Then I won't look at it. I appreciate the head's up.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Gary doesn't need any course. He just needs to go into his cave and find his power animal like dude in Fight Club did at the group meeting.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:32 pm Gary doesn't need any course. He just needs to go into his cave and find his power animal like dude in Fight Club did at the group meeting.
I have all the power I want, need, or deserve. I'm not looking for any additional.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I keep tryna tell u u are the will to power and nothing besides, gary, becuz u are an existing thing, a mechanism of elaborate organizing forces all ranked by their respective quanta of power. The world, the body, the 'gary' are illusions... nothing if not the expression of that fundamental impulse and force, first, that persists only becuz it increases in power. Thus Nietzsche, Friedrich writes:

"In order to sustain the theory of a mechanistic world, therefore, we always have to stipulate to what extent we are employing two fictions: the concept of motion (taken from our sense language) and the concept of the atom (=unity, deriving from our psychical "experience"): the mechanistic theory presupposes a sense prejudice and a psychological prejudice...

The mechanistic world is imagined only as sight and touch imagine a world (as "moved") --so as to be calculable-- thus causal unities are invented, "things" (atoms) whose effect remains constant (--transference of the false concept of subject to the concept of the atom)... If we eliminate these additions, no things remain but only dynamic quanta, in a relation of tension to all other dynamic quanta: their essence lies in their relation to all other quanta, in their "effect" upon the same. The will to power is not a being, not a becoming, but a pathos --the most elemental fact from which a becoming and effecting first emerge--"

"Suppose, finally, we succeeded in explaining our entire instinctive life as the development and ramification of one basic form of the will--namely, of the will to power, as my proposition has it... then one would have gained the right to determine all efficient force univocally as--will to power. The Gary viewed from inside... he would be "will to power" and nothing else."
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:31 pm I keep tryna tell u u are the will to power and nothing besides...
Right now, I'm the will to get the fuck out of this crazy insane world in the most bearable and endurable way possible. I'll let everyone else figure out for themselves what they want most.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Ah yes, the will that cannot push itself onto the world and press it into its own service will turn on itself and express itself now as an ascetic ideal. Like the buddha and the christ, Gary denies the world and himself and his will to power becomes a great No.

This man is a passive nihilist people. Nothing to see here.

Get it? 'Nothing' to see here. Nihilism. Nothing. Kay.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

This is why I say, and it is a valid and an interesting point for all of us, that each of us, in one way or another, in what we think, say, sermonize others to think, see and believe, we are functionaries of the time we are in. We embody *philosophies* and existential strategies. Our attitudes, in one way or another, radiate outward and have effect. Our perceptual systems, our lenses, may be accurate, or may not be accurate, but they are there nonetheless: operative, determinant.

What interests me about Gary is not Gary, it is his existential choices. They are NOT his alone. They are shared. They are co-created and co-lived within communities.

Hence the relevancy of these conversations. Not to arrive at agreements so much as to uncover the gulfs that separate us from being able to act in something like harmonious concord.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:30 pm Right now, I'm the will to get the fuck out of this crazy insane world in the most bearable and endurable way possible. I'll let everyone else figure out for themselves what they want most.
Curiously, and perhaps more than anyone (thought Kropokin is very revealing of his inner positions) Gary has presented his self to the forum in nearly grotesque *honesty*. This interests me. But it is an honesty of the sort that one would almost rather not hear about -- I mean the details.

But I have noticed something odd: the appeal is to *therapy* (present me with a cure, present me with *salvation" of my dire problem) but when the therapeutic advice is offered, it is rejected.

"No, I just want to die (but in the most painless way possible)".