purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: purity rings for girls but not for boys wtf

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:take a look at #4 here - http://www.cracked.com/article_19641_5- ... today.html - it refers to bad effects on birth control pills on the environment as well as oneself

Hardly a scientific journal is it?

i wonder how many guys who want more girls to be sluts (hi chaz) would be willing to take something with the side effects of the pill themselves

I have no interest in any girls of any kind, let alone those that want to have sex with boys or those who have religious fear of opening their legs.

also i find it odd that with all the talk about teenage obesity no one is mentioning the pill given that serious weight gain is one of its common side effects

I think hamburgers and pizza are more to blame - are you going to ban those as well?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:Hardly a scientific journal is it?
no but are you really going to insist that i produce references to more rigorous and respected sources

i hate it when people insist on reference just to be dicks rather than genuinely wanting the information
I have no interest in any girls of any kind
if thats your lifestyle choice we respect it
I think hamburgers and pizza are more to blame - are you going to ban those as well?
when did i say anything about banning anything

i said the pill is not a good idea i do not think everything that is not a good idea should be banned

for many things ppl should be able to make their own decisions even if sometimes they are bad

i had a couple of friends go off the pill and go down to their prepill weight - we are talking 20 or 30 pounds here - without dieting or anything

both of them were on the track and field team and the extra weight was not helping their performance at all

that stuff is nasty
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Hardly a scientific journal is it?
no but are you really going to insist that i produce references to more rigorous and respected sources

Yes, if you are going to just present negative consequences, rather than talk about the amazing benefits then you will need to offer something more than hysterical rantings from people that would rather every girl was barefoot and pregnant, and doing the dishes

i hate it when people insist on reference just to be dicks rather than genuinely wanting the information

I'm not being a "dick", and I don't need the information. I know the harm , but I also would rather women had control of their reproduction and had a range of strategies to be able to choose when and where they have sex and children.
Giving women across the world control of their own reproduction has massively improved the economic success of millions of families, lowering population growth and lowering child mortality.
Judging the pros and cons, like with any other technology is best done with all the facts, not from the back of a cereal packet.
I have no interest in any girls of any kind
if thats your lifestyle choice we respect it

I'm not gay.
It's nothing to do with choice, its luck. I am 52 and am not attracted to 'girls'. I have a great relationship with my partner, as I told you before and you weren't listening - remember?
when did i say anything about banning anything

i said the pill is not a good idea i do not think everything that is not a good idea should be banned

for many things ppl should be able to make their own decisions even if sometimes they are bad

i had a couple of friends go off the pill and go down to their prepill weight - we are talking 20 or 30 pounds here - without dieting or anything

You might want to look at a range of causes that has nothing whatever to do with the pill. I have anecdotes that suggest the reverse. Anecdotes mean nothing.

both of them were on the track and field team and the extra weight was not helping their performance at all

that stuff is nasty
It has revolutionised and empowered 40 years of women's sexuality.
You don't know what it was like before.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:I'm not being a "dick", and I don't need the information. I know the harm , but I also would rather women had control of their reproduction and had a range of strategies to be able to choose when and where they have sex and children.
yes its not like i suggested the pill should be banned

it is not up to me to make this choice for others

my mom told me i could go on the pill if i wanted - this is my southern baptist republican mom we are talking about - but said i should ask the doctor about possible negative side effects

i did and did some of my own research and my reaction was, like, yikes

yes i know the pill is also the solution for girls who have very painful periods i found tylenol and advil together work for me but i cannot decide for others

and yes to deny those girls the pill would be cruel
Giving women across the world control of their own reproduction has massively improved the economic success of millions of families, lowering population growth and lowering child mortality.
yes i am aware of all that

the pill is a solution

its not a really great solution but certainly better than the 1950s or before its not like i suggested we go back to that

and the pill - unless it is really needed - has side effects that hit teens harder than grownups

i have some idea

the sexual freedom that the pill allowed also benefited men a great deal often more than women

men get all the benefits of sexual freedom but are a lot less affected by negative effects

its easier for women to get STDs we can get cancer from HPV while men have no symptoms and we can get pregnant
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote: You said:
"guys always say that to girls - regardless of whether they are nice or total jerks - so saying this conveys no information whatsoever"

What you said is from the mind of a cynical bitch who is too inexperienced to know shit.
i just checked with my mom who is a lot more expereinced whatever that means

she agrees with me
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: You said:
"guys always say that to girls - regardless of whether they are nice or total jerks - so saying this conveys no information whatsoever"

What you said is from the mind of a cynical bitch who is too inexperienced to know shit.
i just checked with my mom who is a lot more expereinced whatever that means

she agrees with me

The prejudice of the parent is learned by the child. So what?

You went running to Mummy to confirm your prejudice. Did you ever hear of "Sapere aude"?
So, when your Daddy tells your Mummy he loves her - he is just lying too? Is that right?

I was talking about ME, not about "guys" - not about your Dad!
I was telling you about my personal life and you told me I lied.
That is why you are a cynical little bitch. And you have just confirmed that.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Kayla wrote:...
its easier for women to get STDs we can get cancer from HPV while men have no symptoms and we can get pregnant
I agree, nowadays use a condom but at the time men would pretty much never use such a thing. The pill, at the time, freed women from the burden of multiple pregnancies, allowed them to have sex for enjoyment rather than procreation and allowed them time off to join the workforce and make themselves economically independent.

Here's a question, its looks like there are soon going to be effective, non-harmful, male contraceptives. Will you be trusting the man who says he is on them and have sex with him? If not then I think the pill was probably targeted at the right sex.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I'm not being a "dick", and I don't need the information. I know the harm , but I also would rather women had control of their reproduction and had a range of strategies to be able to choose when and where they have sex and children.
yes its not like i suggested the pill should be banned

it is not up to me to make this choice for others

my mom told me i could go on the pill if i wanted - this is my southern baptist republican mom we are talking about - but said i should ask the doctor about possible negative side effects

i did and did some of my own research and my reaction was, like, yikes

yes i know the pill is also the solution for girls who have very painful periods i found tylenol and advil together work for me but i cannot decide for others

and yes to deny those girls the pill would be cruel
yes i am aware of all that

the pill is a solution

its not a really great solution but certainly better than the 1950s or before its not like i suggested we go back to that

and the pill - unless it is really needed - has side effects that hit teens harder than grownups

i have some idea

the sexual freedom that the pill allowed also benefited men a great deal often more than women

men get all the benefits of sexual freedom but are a lot less affected by negative effects

That is complete rubbish.
Cervical cancer is linked to HPV, but men can get throat cancer from the same source.

I had cancer of the tonsil 3 years ago and I am one of many men that are now finding increasingly that HPV linked throat cancers are on the increase. So don't tell me men don't get symptoms.

Girls can get a vaccination for HPV - but this has not been made available to men.
Make sure you get your shot, BTW. And don't let those religious wankers tell you different.

In any event HPV will not necessarily give you cancer. 80% of people have this virus.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Arising_uk wrote:Here's a question, its looks like there are soon going to be effective, non-harmful, male contraceptives. Will you be trusting the man who says he is on them and have sex with him? If not then I think the pill was probably targeted at the right sex.
i would trust my boyfriend

i would not trust a casual hook up
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote: That is complete rubbish.
Cervical cancer is linked to HPV, but men can get throat cancer from the same source.

I had cancer of the tonsil 3 years ago and I am one of many men that are now finding increasingly that HPV linked throat cancers are on the increase. So don't tell me men don't get symptoms.

Girls can get a vaccination for HPV - but this has not been made available to men.
Make sure you get your shot, BTW. And don't let those religious wankers tell you different.

In any event HPV will not necessarily give you cancer. 80% of people have this virus.
ok even if you are right girls disproportionately bear the risks from sex

yes i have my hpv shot

even my short tempered southern baptist republican father thinks that people who are opposed to hpv vaccine because it will encourage girls to be sluts are assholes

or the way he put it "fucking brainless assholes or something to that effect

he swears a lot

now that i think about it i have never not once heard my mom swear
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:I was telling you about my personal life and you told me I lied.

no i did not tell you that you lied

i said all guys say that they are more sensitive and otherwise better than other guys

so when a guy says this it provides no useful information

my boyfriend is not like other guys

but he never said anything to that effect

had he done so it would tell me nothing

but from his behavior i could see that he was not like a lot of other guys
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:I was telling you about my personal life and you told me I lied.

no i did not tell you that you lied

i said all guys say that they are more sensitive and otherwise better than other guys

Yes. You told me I was lying.

so when a guy says this it provides no useful information

Except when they are telling the truth.

my boyfriend is not like other guys

No? How can you tell?
Nor am I like other guys.
Pretty soon you will realise that no one is exacly like anyone else, and making sweeping generalisations like the one above is bollocks.

but he never said anything to that effect

had he done so it would tell me nothing

That is because you are not listening.
Your mind is shut of by your own prejudice.

but from his behavior i could see that he was not like a lot of other guys

You live in a crazy little world of your own.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: That is complete rubbish.

ok even if you are right girls disproportionately bear the risks from sex

yes i have my hpv shot

Has your boyfriend had the HPV shot?
If he hasn't then he is facing the risk of cancer, whilst you are not.
Think about it!
You might like to think about the fact that Prostate cancer kills more of its victims that cervical cancer or breast cancer.
Part of the reason is that women's issues are higher on the health agenda these days.

even my short tempered southern baptist republican father thinks that people who are opposed to hpv vaccine because it will encourage girls to be sluts are assholes

or the way he put it "fucking brainless assholes or something to that effect

Sounds like he is one of the good guys.

he swears a lot

now that i think about it i have never not once heard my mom swear
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

chaz wyman wrote:...You might like to think about the fact that Prostate cancer kills more of its victims that cervical cancer or breast cancer. Part of the reason is that women's issues are higher on the health agenda these days.
Hmm...true but I think it mainly because most males get in at a late age whereas the cancers you mention kill at a much younger age.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:...You might like to think about the fact that Prostate cancer kills more of its victims that cervical cancer or breast cancer. Part of the reason is that women's issues are higher on the health agenda these days.
Hmm...true but I think it mainly because most males get in at a late age whereas the cancers you mention kill at a much younger age.
This is becoming less true with each passing month.
THroat cancer, thought to be via oral sex transmitted HPV is attacking younger men. It is one of the growth areas in the disease.
THere was a TV programme on it recently, presented by Jaime Winstone; "Is Oral Sex Safe?"
Men in their 20s is the biggest growth group.

As for prostate cancer, a lot of the problem is ignorance and lack of awareness amongst men. It has not achieved the notoriety and interest that breast and cervical cancer have achieved.