5G

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: 5G

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
roydop wrote:
So my final human life is a heaven realm which is a good way to go out . Like retiring after winning the Super Bowl
Beautiful and right on the button I resonate deeply with this thank you roydop
I do not think that I have had any previous lives [ I do not believe in reincarnation ] and nor I do not think that this life is a heaven realm
But I do think that what comes after with death is the end of all suffering and so is therefore much closer to heaven that this existence is

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 am
Age wrote:
roydop wrote:
To see what is being revealed to you you must delve deeply into the space between thoughts
Until you are able to rise above the labyrinth of delusion that has been and continues to be constructed by mind you will not see Reality
I am the One who can EXPLAIN HOW ALL OF THIS can be done and how ALL of it occurs while you are completely incapable of explain any of this
ALL you can do is repeat that what you have been taught which is being in thought free Awareness then you WILL realize Reality
I am interested in you explaining how it can be done from your perspective
What specifically does one have to do in order to be able to realise Reality
Just LOOK AT things FROM A/thee Truly OPEN Mind. Thoughts can still come and go, arise and fall, but SEEING Reality/thee Truth is STILL absolutely possible.

For example, there can be thoughts within this body that are saying/stating/voicing/thinking, at any given moment, "We need money to live", so "I have to get a job to get money so that I can live", [and/or "have a life"]. Now, these thoughts are the just 'delusional' part that some people go on about. So, although at the very exact moment that this thoughts are 'trying' their hardest to fool Me, and trick me into believing that this is true, as long as I remain completely OPEN, then I will question and challenge those thoughts/views/opinions/assumptions/beliefs, et cetera, and in the process of that questioning and challenging I am being absolutely Honest, which, by the way, is how to rise and stay above the labyrinth of delusion, I am then able to SEE thee actual Truth of things, which is some times, but wrongly, named Reality, also.

See, when I question whether "We actually NEED money to live?" thee Truth is No, OBVIOUSLY. Therefore, the delusion "I NEED to go to work to earn money in order to keep living" is just another complete and utterly lie and deception that we have been telling ourselves for thousands of years and most people still do keep telling them self, when this is written. That saying, "We need money to live", which we tell ourselves, is also a self WRONGLY "justified" excuse we have to keep telling ourselves so that we could keep doing the WRONG in the world, in which 'we', ALL adult human beings, do keep DOING.

So, it is in and through thought were ALL realizations are made and/or revealed. But this can only happen by, as you say or want, being able to "step back" and 'detach'. Detaching from thought, itself, is how, where, and when REALIZATIONS come about. The 'thought' is actually what 'you' are, that is; the human being self, so being able to LOOK AT thoughts/you, from a detached other perspective, is what allows being able to SEE the Truth of things. like; what 'you' are, and for who 'you' really ARE. It is when being ABLE to SEE FULLY is when realizations arise, or are revealed, which also become part of new thought, which is just the new 'you', coming into Being.

'you' are nothing more than just an already gained set of views/thoughts, within an already existing individual human body. Whereas, the One that can 'detach' and LOOK AT 'you', and EVERY thing else, from an "outside" perspective, is the One that i just call thy True Self. This One is the One who is ABLE TO and already DOES SEE ALL there is to SEE and KNOW. But this One NEEDS some thing like a human being, with a brain that is able to gather and store KNOWLEDGE, so that It can become Self-realized, Self-actualized, and thus Truly Self-Aware of Its True Self. The KNOWLEDGE of ALL-OF-THIS is just stored within ALL those human brains, as thoughts, or all-of-you. This Knowledge of Everything (good and bad) is either just passed on from one to "another", or one brain to another brain, or written down and saved and thus becomes evidence and proof.

Now to realize Reality, just like every thing else, is to just consider that what has always been perceived as Reality before could actually be some thing else? When one is OPEN enough to this being thee actual Truth of things, then realizing what 'Reality' Truly IS, happens almost instantaneously.

Although being in the "space between thoughts" IS an absolutely BEAUTIFUL experience, in and of itself, this experience will NEVER reveal any thing other than experiencing the feeling of PURE Bliss, which when thoughts return the realization that that is what being what is generally (but wrongly) called "being dead" will be like. Revealing that there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about at all, after the body stops breathing and stops pumping blood.

So, to sum up and cap this off, NOT thinking feels absolutely fantastic, and from this experience a realization about what happens after "death" is revealed. This knowledge just becomes in, and with, thought. Only a few seconds of being in and of 'thought free Experiencing' allows this realization to come about.

And, the realizations of the Truth come about in and through thought. Just remaining in 'detachment' from thought, by just only LOOKING AT thought/s, not from thought itself but FROM thee Truly OPEN Mind perspective Itself, is HOW realizations are REVEALED. Thoughts have to be LOOKED AT, questioned, and/or challenged in order to distinguish actual Truth from individual perceived truth. Just being in, so called, "thought free Awareness" ONLY could NOT actually reveal any thing, because some thing is NEEDED to acknowledge and store any revelation. In "thought free Awareness" there is NOTHING able to do this. The thing where knowledge is stored is 'thoughts/memories/views, et cetera.
surreptitious57

Being completely thought free is not possible but keeping thoughts to a minimum is . Too much thinking can be bad and so being able to control both the quantity and quality of thought is a good thing . And while absolute detachment while alive is not possible some level of detachment is Being too attached to this existence is not good for it is only temporary . That is what I think and while it may not be true for others it is for me
Last edited by surreptitious57 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:39 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 am
Age wrote:
PROVING what IS actual True and Real can be done also so easily But only to those who WANT to learn and KNOW
What is actually true and real
In regards to what EXACTLY?

If it is in regards to whether ALL adult human beings do WRONG, then that is True AND Real.

However, if it is in regards to whether adult human beings NEED money to live, then that is False AND an Illusion.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 amand why is it so easy to prove from your perspective
That is like asking; Why is it so easy to breath, from your perspective (to a person who believes the body is the person)?

It just comes PURELY Naturally.

Why it is so easy to prove, from my perspective, is because of who and what 'I' actually am.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 amI do want to learn and know so can you explain it to me then as simply as possible
p

As I have explained before I have to be told what 'it' IS EXACTLY that one wants to learn and know, for me to be able to explain to them as simply as possible.

When the word 'it' is used, then I some times HAVE TO make an ASSUMPTION about what 'it' IS EXACTLY. And, as already explained I do NOT like to ASSUME absolutely any thing. I have also explained WHY I do NOT like to ASSUME any thing.

However, as SHOWN previously, WHEN some one asks for some thing specifically, like a sound and valid argument for some very specific thing, then I can do this, very simply and very easily.

Now, if you REALLY want to learn and know the Truth about some thing very specific like whether God exists or not, then I can prove what that ACTUALLY IS. So, if 'you' REALLY want to learn and know about some very specific thing else, then I can do that, and prove it also. But, if you REALLY want me to PROVE what IS actually True and Real, then I can NOT do that. To prove what IS actually True and Real, from what is actually NOT true and NOT real, to you, would take longer than 'you' have. But, if 'you' inform me of what 'it' IS EXACTLY that 'you' want me to prove Real and True, then that can be done very simply and very easily.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
When the word it is used then I some times HAVE TO make an ASSUMPTION about what it IS EXACTLY
And as already explained I do NOT like to ASSUME absolutely any thing I have also explained WHY I do NOT like to ASSUME
Make whatever assumptions you want to but let me have something to go on whatever it may be
Giving a non answer like that to the question is not actually telling me anything at all you know
Are you able to overcome your reluctance for making assumptions and give me something here
No point asking clarifying questions if you can not and / or will not answer them now is there

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 am Being completely thought free is not possible but keeping thoughts to a minimum is .
But according to "roydop" being completely and absolutely thought free can be done for an hour or more. So, which one is telling thee Truth here? 'you' or "roydop"?
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 amToo much thinking can be bad so being able to control the both quantity and quality of thought is a good thing .
Being able to distinguish the True (Good) thoughts from the False (Bad) thoughts is also a Great thing. When this can be done, then being able to control ALL thoughts is so much easier that it then becomes just a naturally occurring Good thing.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 amSo while absolute detachment when alive is not possible
But absolute detachment to thoughts is possible when "alive". I have done worked up to doing it for a few seconds.

Also, are very young human babies attached to any thing, other than to Life, Itself? Are there ANY thoughts in new born human babies, which are being attached to?

If no, then absolute detachment to thoughts, when "alive", is possible. To further prove this see how long thoughts can be STOPPED for in that body. Even if one second or less is achieved, then absolute detachment from thoughts is POSSIBLE, when "alive".
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 ama level or degree of detachment is Being too attached to this existence is not good for it is only temporary .
But 'you', "surreptitious57", (is that spelling correct? I did not check it,) has been the one that has been stating that Existence is eternal or forever. So, WHY are 'you' now saying that Existence is only temporary?
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 am This is what I think and while it may not be true for others it is for me
Okay, and fair enough.

By the way, absolutely NOTHING is true for me, unless it is True for ALL. I, however, do have views of things, which may or may not be true or partly true.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
So while absolute detachment when alive is not possible
But absolute detachment to thoughts is possible when alive
I have done worked up to doing it for a few seconds

Also are very young human babies attached to any thing other than to Life
Are there ANY thoughts in new born human babies which are being attached to
Absolute detachment means detachment for all of ones life not for a few seconds at a time
As that is only temporary detachment and very short temporary detachment at that as well

Babies are attached to wanting to eat when they are hungry and wanting to drink when they are thirsty
Wanting to be warm they are cold and wanting to sleep when they are tired just like any human being is
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
a level or degree of detachment is Being too attached to this existence is not good for it is only temporary
But you has been the one that has been stating that Existence is eternal or forever So WHY are you now saying that Existence is only temporary
Existence is indeed eternal and forever but my own existence in this body however is only temporary
So when one talks about existence it can apply to absolutely anything at all not just one thing as such
surreptitious57

Being completely thought free is not possible but keeping thoughts to a minimum is . Too much thinking can be bad and so being able to control both the quantity and quality of thought is a good thing . And while absolute detachment while alive is not possible some level of detachment is Being too attached to this existence is not good for it is only temporary . That is what I think and while it may not be true for others it is for me

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 am
Age wrote:
When the word it is used then I some times HAVE TO make an ASSUMPTION about what it IS EXACTLY
And as already explained I do NOT like to ASSUME absolutely any thing I have also explained WHY I do NOT like to ASSUME
Make whatever assumptions you want to but let me have something to go on whatever it may be
Okay. What is True and Real is the thoughts within that body.

There are 'thoughts' within that body, correct?

If no, then okay.

If yes, then 'it' can be proven and has been proven, by 'you'. This is one example of how I can prove what is True and Real, from my perspective.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 amGiving a non answer like that to the question is not actually telling me anything at all you know
And 'you' OBVIOUSLY deflecting from the OBVIOUS fact that IF 'you' REALLY wanted to KNOW some thing, then 'you' WOULD just say what 'IT' was. Saying NOTHING shows, me anyway, that 'you' REALLY are NOT interested in KNOWING any thing here.

Your response here appears to be there is some sort of EXPECTATION that I HAVE TO do what it is that 'you' WANT me to, correct?
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 amAre you able to overcome your reluctance for making assumptions and give me something here
I can still give 'you' some thing, which I just HAVE, without ever having to ASSUME any thing.

So, I have now given 'you' what you WANTED.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:51 amNo point asking clarifying questions if you can not and / or will not answer them now is there
But I NEVER did NOT want, nor did I NEVER NOT, answer your clarifying question. I just SHOWED that unless 'you' actually tell me what 'it' is that 'you' are asking for, then I will NEVER actually KNOW, FOR SURE, what 'it' IS.

Also, I already answered ALL the other clarifying questions. I was just asking 'you' to clarify what the 'it' is that 'you' were SEEKING.

Your question is a bit like me asking you;
What is actually True and Real, from your perspective, that I want to know?

And then saying and asking you;
There is no point in you asking me further clarifying questions if you can not and / or will not answer this question now, is there?

By the way, there is a POINT in asking further clarifying questions, and that is to better understand what 'IT' IS that 'you' are actually asking me. Also, did 'you' actually READ ALL of what I wrote after my quote, which 'you' responded to here, or did 'you' just stop reading at that point and replied?

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 am
Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
So while absolute detachment when alive is not possible
But absolute detachment to thoughts is possible when alive
I have done worked up to doing it for a few seconds

Also are very young human babies attached to any thing other than to Life
Are there ANY thoughts in new born human babies which are being attached to
Absolute detachment means detachment for all of ones life not for a few seconds at a time
But in absolute detachment, 'you' do NOT exist anymore. There is NO 'one's life'. This is because of who and what 'you' Truly ARE.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 amAs that is only temporary detachment and very short temporary detachment at that as well
It is still detachment.

Babies are attached to wanting to eat when they are hungry and wanting to drink when they are thirsty

So, when I was talking before about being detached from 'thought', itself, and being 'thought free', 'you' did NOT want to LOOK AT this and DISCUSS this, instead 'you' want to look at and discuss about detachment from ABSOLUTELY EVERY thing, correct?

If yes, then OBVIOUSLY it is NOT possible to be completely thought free and thus be completely thought free for ALL of the life of a human body. Unless, of course, a human body is conceived comatosed and remains that way until the body stops pumping blood and also stops breathing.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 amWanting to be warm they are cold and wanting to sleep when they are tired just like any human being is
And this is so OFF TOPIC it is getting beyond a joke now.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 am
Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
a level or degree of detachment is Being too attached to this existence is not good for it is only temporary
But you has been the one that has been stating that Existence is eternal or forever So WHY are you now saying that Existence is only temporary
Existence is indeed eternal and forever but my own existence in this body however is only temporary
This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of WHY explaining what the "it" word is actually in relation to IS SO VERY IMPORTANT.

Things can all to quickly and far too easily get misunderstood, misinterpreted, and completely taken out of context. So, that is WHY I asked 'you' specifically before about what that 'it' word was being referenced to, EXACTLY, which will be noticed 'you' did NOT want to clarify at all.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 amSo when one talks about existence it can apply to absolutely anything at all not just one thing as such
OBVIOUSLY this is correct in one sense. This is WHY asking clarifying questions, and having them answered, OPENLY and Honestly, is Truly Good for successive communication.

Also, what 'you' wrote here sounds, to me, like 'you' are just 'trying to' "justify" what 'you' obviously did here.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
And you OBVIOUSLY deflecting from the OBVIOUS fact that IF you REALLY wanted to KNOW some thing you WOULD just say what IT was
Saying NOTHING shows me anyway that you REALLY are NOT interested in KNOWING any thing here
You said PROVING what IS actual True and Real can be done also so easily but you did not say what it was that was true and real now
So how can I ask you specifically what it is [ less there is only one thing that is true and real ] when you are not actually being specific
Were I not interested then I would not have bothered to actually ask you a question at all

And you do not know what anyone else is thinking when they are reading your words unless they tell you so saying that I am not interested could be wrong you know . Sometimes I agree with what you are saying but do not say so so saying nothing does not always mean one is not interested
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Age wrote:
But absolute detachment to thoughts is possible when alive I have done worked up to doing it for a few seconds
But in absolute detachment you do NOT exist anymore . There is NO ones life . This is because of who and what you Truly ARE
I mean absolute detachment in relation to thoughts only and not to absolute detachment in any other sense
And so I do not mean that you do not exist any more in a physical body and are effectively non existent as such
I do not think that it is possible for a compos mentis human being to be absolutely thought free for all of their life
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Also what you wrote here sounds to me like you are just trying to justify what you obviously did here
I was explaining by providing clarification and was not justifying at all
So what it sounded like to you was therefore entirely wrong you know