Mechanical Knowledge is Injurious to Man and Nature

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: Mechanical Knowledge is Injurious to Man and Nature

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: How well did they sell?
JohnMuthukat wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
JohnMuthukat wrote:The book is not yet complete. Still doubting if it is worth publishing.
Is that why you're here? Are you looking for feedback to help you to decide? If so, you can forget me, as I really don't want that kind of responsibility. I'm at a place right now where I feel that knowledge is kind of volatile. I'm not necessarily capable of deciding on relative issues of importance, and would tend to feel really guilty if I let someone down, and I don't need that kind of baggage. With any luck, you'd not want me to anyway. ;-) And yes, I'm being serious, it just seems kind of funny that I should be saying this about myself, but I try and be honest at all costs.

Good Luck with the book, I wish you success.
The history of man is the history of man gaining self-consciousness through his interaction with the objective world surrounding him. And I don't think I am doing any serious mistake in seeking opinions of certain ideas of the book I am writing through discussions in an appropriate forum--Book Club.

Thank you for all your responses and good wishes.
Neither do I believe that you are making a mistake. I think it good that you seek constructive criticism, I would do the same. I just don't want to be a factor in that process, because I don't trust myself to be objectionable enough to effectively help you.

I would offer, not to give up on your project, and to continue to refine your ideas.

I really do wish you the best of luck!