~~~ Developing a Universal Religion ~~~

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are you able to conceive that Organized Labor could be the World's First Meta-religion?

Yes. I am beginning to understand.
50%
No. The idea is too new for me.
50%

Total votes: 2

Arising_uk

Re: ~~~ Developing a Universal Religion ~~~

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:The research you are referring to indicates that the the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate due to some type of dark energy that is not fully understood at this time. The research results have not been duplicated yet, and many astrophysicists question their authenticity.
Not quite I think, the universe is expanding is a fact that they are trying to explain by postulating 'dark matter and energy'. The conclusion that the matter part of the universe will end in heat-death is, I think, due to the results of experimentation that has confirmed the size of a variable used in a formula from theoretical physics that, given its size, predicted the three possible end states of the universe, i.e. contraction, steady-state or expansion.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I am having a lot of fun writing and developing The Way; a spiritual self-help concept and the continued construction and witnessing to Organized Labor; The World's First Meta-religion.

I am flattered that I have another fanatic towards my writings.

I am a stickler when it comes to giving credit to associate authors. I do not think that you overreacted and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Quoting other authors within a piece adds so much to the post.

I am busy and it is quite possible that I dropped or forgot to give credit for a particular quote. In this particular case I actually was visiting some old posts that I thought might possibly be worth re-creating and I could have hooked onto a note that I was using for research which I did not mean to actually use directly.

You must live a terribly fascinating and busy life.

Would you be so kind as to check all my other posts throughout the years on different forums?

I won't be able to pay you but you will become forever dear to me.

Actually, if I were still single you are the type of girl that I would like to have a beer with.

Could you please provide the directly quoted material so that I could either delete it or preferably give credit to it's rightful author?

Good eye!

Thank you again!

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Better drop the obvious sexism in your images Bill, as you'll be alienating fifty odd percent of your congregation.
John

Post by John »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:I am a stickler when it comes to giving credit to associate authors. I do not think that you overreacted and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Quoting other authors within a piece adds so much to the post.

I am busy and it is quite possible that I dropped or forgot to give credit for a particular quote. In this particular case I actually was visiting some old posts that I thought might possibly be worth re-creating and I could have hooked onto a note that I was using for research which I did not mean to actually use directly.
Ahh..ok..so far so good...but....here it comes....
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Would you be so kind as to check all my other posts throughout the years on different forums?
I won't be able to pay you but you will become forever dear to me.
I had to laugh at the lack of sincerity.

It seemed obvious that you hadn't written the post in its entirety because it wasn't written in your style so I checked and discovered that you'd plagiarised someone else and passed it off as your own original thought. Perhaps it was just the oversight you say it was. I'll let others reading this decide for themselves.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Actually, if I were still single you are the type of girl that I would like to have a beer with.
It's funny because we have a tradition of sexist union members in the UK as well so it's interesting to see the tradition is alive and well in the US.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Could you please provide the directly quoted material so that I could either delete it or preferably give credit to it's rightful author?
I already did. Read my post if you can be bothered.
Bill Wiltrack wrote:Thank you again!
Your insincerity when caught plagiarising is rather revealing and thoroughly disappointing.

It's also funny when you keep bringing up the subject of people posting under their real names when apparently you're quite happy for them to claim other peoples words.
zinnat13

Post by zinnat13 »

Dear Bill,

Thanks once again.

My purpose of joining the board is exactly what you said. I want to know where I stands in the terms of my knowledge, understanding and as well as my presentation.

I have a very sincere doubt about my writing ability. You will be surprised to know that i cannot speak English properly and my vocabulary is not good either but my understandings of things just enabled me to express myself. But, seeing your comments, it appears that i have passed the entrance exam at least.

You mentioned about criticism in your post. That is absolutely not an issue for me. First of all i would like to comment on those issues only which, i feel myself competent enough to add the value of the discussion; otherwise not. Furthermore, one can learn more from the criticism than the appreciation.

with love,
sanjay
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You have a tremendously beautiful attitude sanjay.

From what you have already relayed to us I can tell that you are truly a philosopher. You have a philosopher's heart.

Your honesty and good nature bleeds through you writings.

This is the best place in the world for you.

I am excited and anxious to see you participate here.

If you have a chance, I would be honored to have you read something that I feel very strongly within me in relation to this site.

All the best to you sanjay.

zinnat13

Post by zinnat13 »

Dear Bill,

Thanks once again.

I gone through the thread you mentioned and very clearly understood what you mean and also agree with you about the forum.

Now, having clear the entrance test, i will try to pass the first semester.

with love
sanjay
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I pretty much think you ended-up teaching this past semester sanjay!

All the best to you.

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

The only universal religion is the Church of Ouzo, because it doesn't have any mumbo-jumbo, it doesn't tell you how to live your life, and it doesn't try to take the place of a person's present religion.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We haven’t seen a savior for over two thousand years. Even the words that the Gods left to us have become meaningless.

• I'm working on a list of characteristics that a New Religion, a Meta-religion might have.

Here's what I have come up with so far;

• Continuously Updated

• Logical

• A new universal religion would not replace or usurp existing religions

• Not Government; A separation of religion and state

• Universality & timelessness

• Addresses emotional and rational needs

• Meta-Purpose

• Meta-Union

• Meta-Religion

• Must be crafted by many; Democratic/diverse - Not singular person

• Room for continued development

• Would not attempt to unite the world

• Humanistic solutions

After looking at this list is it possible that the concepts & contracts of Organized Labor could be the World's First Meta-religion?
[/size]

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:After looking at this list is it possible that the concepts & contracts of Organized Labor could be the World's First Meta-religion?
Do you ever listen to what other posters tell you? It won't be the worlds first meta-religion, its not even the first of its kind, as Marx got there first on both counts, and in my opinion its would not even be the second as L.Ron got there already. You want to learn how to create a 'meta-religion', read Dianetics.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Organized Labor transcends time, culture, and language.

...and the list of the other stuff I mentioned before. All that stuff.

Universal Meta-religion. Period.

zinnat13

Post by zinnat13 »

Hi Bill,

I must say that you have a good memory, as you dig out two month old post.

with love,
sanjay
Godfree

Post by Godfree »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

• Must be crafted by many; Democratic/diverse - Not singular person
[/size]

However, you can become more god-like by ingraining more of the concepts and contracts of Organized Labor into your life.

You can be brought closer to heaven...

Bill , I seem to recall you said it should be logical ,,??
well theres nothing logical about heaven ,
completely illogical , like religion ,
so I would suggest you remove logic from one of your aims ,
because logic destroys religion ,!!!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

zinnat13 wrote:Hi Bill, I must say that you have a good memory, as you dig out two month old post.
:lol: Hardly, as its his post.