Is homosexuality a sin

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Is homosexuality a sin

Post by promethean75 »

"Dattaswami, you need to be bent over a table by a big black man and given a damn good pumping."

I fail to see how the opinions expressed by the swami would warrant, require or be cause to facilitate, any homosexual exchanges between the swami and large black fellows.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:47 am
dattaswami wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:25 pm https://youtu.be/B_e-UEUbnBk
Just out of curiosity, what about sex and souls? In Heaven for example. Even though we come into the world on this side of the grave as a result of sex, many religious denominations are especially queasy about it. Even some Pagans. In fact, I just rewatched one of my favorite films in which sex and God play a key role: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... v#p2358499

No homosexuality in it...but there are really, really strict rules regarding copulation in this denomination.

So, just speculating I'm sure, what is allowed or not allowed sexually in Heaven? Or, with souls, is that all irrelevant.
The upper energetic worlds contain two types of energetic beings:-
1) Those who are permanent citizens (minority) and

2) Those who came from earth in energetic bodies after death (majority).

Both have ignorance to be removed by the divine knowledge of God. Of course, the first type of souls has lesser ignorance than the second type of souls. All the worlds except the highest Brahma Loka and Goloka are almost similar to our earth. Of course, as we go up, the ignorance decreases gradually. Hence, God is engaged fully in the work of preaching divine knowledge to souls everywhere. God created this creation for entertainment and engagement is the initial stage of entertainment.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:57 pm OL. But what amazes me is that his response in no way at all shows that he understood my point, though on some primitive level he knew I was, well, not agreeing. As much as Walker manages to be both clueless and pernicious - not as easy a combination as one might think - I'm stunned he could manage to put this guy on a pedastal.
If you get married, you may produce a great son like Śaṅkara, Rāmānuja, Madhva or Vivekānanda. The duty of the soul is to get married and produce children, so that the human race is extended in the service of God.

When God descends on earth as an Incarnation, there must be co-actors and plenty of audience to serve God by giving Him entertainment. Hence, it is the duty of every soul to get married and have children. As per the commandment of the Veda given to souls, every soul should get married and produce children (Prajātantum mā vyvatchetsīḥ…—Veda).

Even God Hanumān, the purest celibate, got married to Suvarcalā, when His departed ancestors advised Him to get married and produce children. They warned Him that salvation is not possible unless one gets married. The meaning of this is that unless one is tied by a rope, where is the question of liberation from the bond? Mokṣa means the liberation from bonds. God has created this system of forming bonds and subsequently getting liberation from them. Getting bound is like entering the game and getting liberation is like winning the game.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:14 am I mean, what is God going to do??????????????????
How can he or she possibiliy incarnate if some percentage of the population is gay???????????????????????????????????
This cuts down the postential new babies to be divine avatars to millions less.
Yes, there are more babies by a huge margin than there were when Jesus incarnated. There were 300 million people then, but they were choice bits of incarnation hosts. Now, sure, there are billions of people, but the choice cuts are getting taken by the gays.
I worry about an all powerful deity when his or her options are reduced.
What can he or she possibly do??????????????????????????????????????????
Come on people, the straights out there have got to make more potential Jesus babies.
I'm really wiped out from work, but I'm heading to the clubs to do my part.
The Veda says that after completing the stage of a bachelor student (brahmacarya āśrama) when one studies spiritual knowledge under a Sadguru, one should get married and produce children. Even for spiritual life, the support of materialistic life is necessary. If one’s materialistic life is comfortable due to the cooperation of one’s wife and children, the person’s spiritual life will also be smooth and free of problems. Sex is an inevitable biological need created by God in every human being. It ensures the continuation of the human race so that the Lord continues to get entertained by creation forever.

One should treat marriage as a means to this long term goal of entertaining God and pleasing Him. One should not foolishly treat marriage to be merely the means of pacifying sex. The hormones that cause the feeling of sex were created by God for the extension of humanity, which ensures that God’s entertainment continues forever. He did not create those hormones just to pacify the animal nature of sex. The goal should be understood so that we can understand the holiness of the path. Sex is a holy sacrifice done by the couple to have children and providing divine entertainment to God. Hence, sex has been depicted on the walls of temples. By this, we can understand the sacred nature of sex and realize that it is part of the spiritual path.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:14 am I mean, what is God going to do??????????????????
How can he or she possibiliy incarnate if some percentage of the population is gay???????????????????????????????????
This cuts down the postential new babies to be divine avatars to millions less.
Yes, there are more babies by a huge margin than there were when Jesus incarnated. There were 300 million people then, but they were choice bits of incarnation hosts. Now, sure, there are billions of people, but the choice cuts are getting taken by the gays.
I worry about an all powerful deity when his or her options are reduced.
What can he or she possibly do??????????????????????????????????????????
Come on people, the straights out there have got to make more potential Jesus babies.
I'm really wiped out from work, but I'm heading to the clubs to do my part.
Overpopulation is balanced by God through births, deaths and natural calamities. It is the administration-problem of God. Why do you worry about it? God has created this world so that you can enjoy all the aspects of the creation created by Him. All souls are created by God, as said in the Gītā (Ahaṃ bījapradaḥ pitā) and so, He is the Father of all souls.

God, the Father, will be happy if His issues enjoy all the aspects of the creation created by Him. He becomes unhappy if you enjoy only one aspect created by Him and if you do not enjoy others. The scriptures say that salvation comes from krama mukti, which means, after passing through the four stages in life known as the four āśramas. If you stick only to brahmacarya āśrama, which is the first stage of the unmarried student, God will be very unhappy with you.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

dattaswami wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:48 pm
iambiguous wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:47 am
Just out of curiosity, what about sex and souls? In Heaven for example. Even though we come into the world on this side of the grave as a result of sex, many religious denominations are especially queasy about it. Even some Pagans. In fact, I just rewatched one of my favorite films in which sex and God play a key role: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... v#p2358499

No homosexuality in it...but there are really, really strict rules regarding copulation in this denomination.

So, just speculating I'm sure, what is allowed or not allowed sexually in Heaven? Or, with souls, is that all irrelevant.
The upper energetic worlds contain two types of energetic beings:-
1) Those who are permanent citizens (minority) and

2) Those who came from earth in energetic bodies after death (majority).

Both have ignorance to be removed by the divine knowledge of God. Of course, the first type of souls has lesser ignorance than the second type of souls. All the worlds except the highest Brahma Loka and Goloka are almost similar to our earth. Of course, as we go up, the ignorance decreases gradually. Hence, God is engaged fully in the work of preaching divine knowledge to souls everywhere. God created this creation for entertainment and engagement is the initial stage of entertainment.
There you go again: Preaching the Gospel.

Look, no one here doubts that you actually believe this. But then all of these folks -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions -- no doubt actually believe what they preach too.

So, for those like me, with objective morality on this side of the grave and immortality and salvation on the other side at stake, it really comes down to those like you being able to provide me with an actual accumulation of evidence that would clinch it for me.

"Yep, dattaswami's God is the real deal!!!"

So, what I propose here is that you first explain to me how you go about convincing yourself that it's your own One True Path and not one of the others.

This part:
Instead, it's you that is of particular interest to me. How on earth do those like you come to be the way they are? Coming into a philosophy forum and bombarding us with post after post after video after video that amounts to little more than preaching the gospel.

Look, I can help you if you'll let me. But you've got to come clean regarding how you allowed yourself to actually become this way in the first place. Were you indoctrinated as a child? Did you have a profound experience that brought God into your life? Why this God and not one of the zillions of others?

Let's start there.
Unless, of course, you can convince me that what you believe above is more than just an, "it's true because the Swami says it's true" religious...fantasy?

Again, there are lots and lots them around.

Right, IC?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:42 pm
Grrrr! Talk about gay pride.

What is your point? That isn't two male lions having sex. The one underneath is a self-identifying 'trans lioness' you bigoted fuckwit.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Veg is correct. Lion gender is a pride construct.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:44 pm What is your point? That isn't two male lions having sex. The one underneath is a self-identifying 'trans lioness' you bigoted fuckwit.
Learn the language, you old, grumpy hag. The correct terminology is "top", "bottom" or a "vers".

https://www.them.us/story/what-does-it- ... om-or-vers
A top is generally described as someone who wants to be in control during sex.
Conversely, a bottom is somebody who typically wants to give away control during sex. Bottoms are usually on the receiving end of sex, as opposed to the giving end.
A switch, or vers, is someone who enjoys both topping and bottoming. Someone who is vers might also like specific parts of topping and specific parts of bottoming, but not want to take a full on top or bottom role.
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:03 pm [
Learn the language, you old, grumpy hag. The correct terminology is "top", "bottom" or a "vers".

Oh, a misogynistic, ageist male wokie. How unusual and unexpected :lol:
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:08 pm Oh, a misogynistic, ageist male wokie. How unusual and unexpected :lol:
Mysoginistyc? Naaaaah. I think you are trash, not your chromosomes; or your vagina.
Last edited by Skepdick on Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:12 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:08 pm Oh, a misogynistic, ageist male wokie. How unusual and unexpected :lol:
Mysoginistyc? Naaaaah. I think you are trash, not your chromosomes; or your vagina.
Why would you assume I have a vagina?? :shock:
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:15 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:12 pm
Why would you assume I have a vagina?? :shock:
But of course. My bad.

What I meant to say was... "Mysoginistyc? Naaaaah. You would remain trash even after a sex change."

It's your personality not your physiology, you see...
vegetariantaxidermy

Realised he was being a moronic, self-contradictory kunt and hastily edited, then realised he had been caught out being a moronic, self-contradictory kunt and hastily edited again. What a pathetic, confused soul.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:20 pm Realised he was being a moronic, self-contradictory kunt and hastily edited, then realised he had been caught out being a moronic, self-contradictory kunt and hastily edited again. What a pathetic, confused soul.
"Caught out"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you hunting wabbits and contradictions?