You have to be stupid to believe in God.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: You have to be stupid to believe in God.

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:11 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:13 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:23 pm You have to be stupid to believe in God.
you are just plain wrong not to believe this entity exists. :P
For you, maybe... and who cares about that for themselves?

What makes you think it exists for anyone else as it exists for you... and what difference does it make if it doesn't?
Lacewing, it clearly doesn't exist for most others (the majority of atheists - and theists) as it does for me, but when god-bothering atheists call out the likes of me as "STUPID" then, I get bothered.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:17 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:13 pm
you are just plain wrong not to believe this entity exists. :P

What makes you think it exists for anyone else as it exists for you... and what difference does it make if it doesn't?
Lacewing, it clearly doesn't exist for most others (the majority of atheists - and theists) as it does for me, but when god-bothering atheists call out the likes of me as "STUPID" then, I get bothered.
The kind of 'god' I'm referring to is one which the god-believer claims rules over all others regardless of the vastly varying perspectives of all others.

Is that what you claim of your entity? If so, that would be stupid, don't you agree?

Your entity could be all kinds of things. Nobody else has to experience or believe in it. It's your special trip. :)

Why do you want anyone to believe in it?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

“Hell is the impossibility of reason.” Oliver Stone

Okay, but who would have thought we'd bump into so many that remind us of that here?!!!

8)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:22 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:17 pm

The kind of 'god' I'm referring to is one which the god-believer claims rules over all others regardless of the vastly varying perspectives of all others.

Is that what you claim of your entity? If so, that would be stupid, don't you agree?

Your entity could be all kinds of things. Nobody else has to experience or believe in it. It's your special trip. :)

Why do you want anyone to believe in it?
I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANY OF YOU BELIEVE! WHAT FUCKS ME OFF IS THE ARROGANCE OF STUPID ATHEISTS IN LABELLING THOSE WITH GNOSIS AS STUPID.

I believed in Christ - the guiding light (likely through many times in my incarnations on Earth), so since now I KNOW God...it appears that what Christ stated was true, that to know GOD is via faith in Christ (faith in love).

COMPREHENDE?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 pm “Hell is the impossibility of reason.” Oliver Stone
That is so true. Would you like to experience a day of hell, a Day of Reckoning?

I could ask for you?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:54 pm
iambiguous wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 pm “Hell is the impossibility of reason.” Oliver Stone
Okay, but who would have thought we'd bump into so many that remind us of that here?!!!
That is so true. Would you like to experience a day of hell, a Day of Reckoning?

I could ask for you?
See what I mean?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:15 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:54 pm

I could ask for you?
See what I mean?
Hey, but you are the one wanting to KNOW if there is a God that resides in heaven..ffs!!!

I am giving you the chance to findoubt that God also resides in HELL.

So.

Do you want the TEST...the Day of Reckoning?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:01 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Er, because God does exist. (verified by the Life of Brian :mrgreen: )

Really? After all these years where I have even described God's attributes (defining features if you like) and you still need more!
As I thought. You haven't a clue what god is.
You don't know what you believe in.
Bullshit. (and I don't merely believe)

Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pmWhy should I follow that?
I couldn't give a flying fuck what you "follow"..whatever that means!
Spoken like a true Christian.
Are you going to tie me to a stake and burn me now?

Just fucking sad that only one of us KNOWS the other is wrong :twisted:
But you do not know what you believe so I'll assume that you are wrong.
That would be fair, rational and reasonable.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:55 pm

You don't know what you believe in.

Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pmWhy should I follow that?
That sounds kindov kinky but I assure you, it aint my thing - CHRISTIANS (Those that act as per Christ's guidance) would never do such a thing. Breaking the golden rule pretty much rules them out of being considered CHRISTIAN..comprehende?

Hang on, wait a minute...are you going to suggest atheists never burnt anyone on a stake?

I bet more Christians were burnt on stakes for being Christian than vice-versa.

attofishpi wrote:
I do KNOW this...any entity that has total power over what I perceive of reality is God in my opinion...whether it be divine, AI or combination of both. My BELIEF is that it is Divine, since what I have been advised re Christ - that HE DID DIE on the crucifix.

So. What is not rational and reasonable in what I am stating?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:49 pm

That sounds kindov kinky but I assure you, it aint my thing - CHRISTIANS (Those that act as per Christ's guidance) would never do such a thing. Breaking the golden rule pretty much rules them out of being considered CHRISTIAN..comprehende?

Hang on, wait a minute...are you going to suggest atheists never burnt anyone on a stake?
Sure why not.

I bet more Christians were burnt on stakes for being Christian than vice-versa.
Most of the burners were Christian and most of the burned were christian.
Seems like they did not know the fuck what god is either.

attofishpi wrote:
I do KNOW this...any entity that has total power over what I perceive of reality is God in my opinion...whether it be divine, AI or combination of both. My BELIEF is that it is Divine, since what I have been advised re Christ - that HE DID DIE on the crucifix.

So. What is not rational and reasonable in what I am stating?
Nothing you are saying is rational.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:53 pm I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANY OF YOU BELIEVE! WHAT FUCKS ME OFF IS THE ARROGANCE OF STUPID ATHEISTS IN LABELLING THOSE WITH GNOSIS AS STUPID.
How about the arrogance of theists who insist that everyone else should believe as they do? How about all the crap labels that arrogant theists (on this forum) place on atheists?

These are reasonable challenges on a philosophy forum, where there are a handful of theists making varying claims about their particular view of a god. You guys can't even get the stories straight among you. Why would this demonstrate any credibility to anyone other than how it serves you?

If someone insisted through preposterous stories that a giant ladybug ruled over you, whether you believed in it or not, and they claimed your disbelief was a sign that you were being arrogant, and you would be condemned as a result to the worst imaginable compost pile forever -- would you think that was stupid?

You can know what you know... and someone else can know what they know... and neither has to see the same, nor must they be lorded over by the other's perspective. Only men want to command others.

I believe that you've had profound experiences for yourself with other entities. Well, so have I. We interpret it differently, however. What difference does that make?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:12 pm It's a lot of mind-control.
promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:48 pm God is doin a new thing
That poor kid. His potential is being stunted. :lol:
WHY are you LAUGHING here?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:22 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Really? WHy?
Er, because God does exist. (verified by the Life of Brian :mrgreen: )

Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:16 pmAnd when you answer this question (if you ever do) you might like to say what the actual fuck is "god" anyway.
Really? After all these years where I have even described God's attributes (defining features if you like) and you still need more!
Do you say this as though you DO have A CLUE as to what 'god' is?

If yes, then okay.

But if no, then WHY say this?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pm You don't know what you believe in.
And, do you KNOW what you do NOT BELIEVE IN?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:57 pm Why should I follow that?
WHY should "others" follow what you BELIEVE or DISBELIEVE?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:53 pm I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT ANY OF YOU BELIEVE! WHAT FUCKS ME OFF IS THE ARROGANCE OF STUPID ATHEISTS IN LABELLING THOSE WITH GNOSIS AS STUPID.
How about the arrogance of theists who insist that everyone else should believe as they do?
I don't care whether anyone wants to believe in the amount of love in Christ as a guiding light. I DONT CARE.
I DO CARE when people insist I am stupid simply for attempting to provide evidence and reasonable analysis of my experiences on a philosophy forum.

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 pmHow about all the crap labels that arrogant theists (on this forum) place on atheists?
This isn't a team effort. Atheists come in all forms as do theists. What crap labels are you talking about?

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 pmThese are reasonable challenges on a philosophy forum, where there are a handful of theists making varying claims about their particular view of a god. You guys can't even get the stories straight among you. Why would this demonstrate any credibility to anyone other than how it serves you?
Again, it's not a team effort. Personally I believe this God has manifested itself to those of at least some spiritual belief throughout ALL cultures, and various religions have sprung from that...ultimately, it's the same BEING.

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 pmIf someone insisted through preposterous stories that a giant ladybug ruled over you, whether you believed in it or not, and they claimed your disbelief was a sign that you were being arrogant, and you would be condemned as a result to the worst imaginable compost pile forever -- would you think that was stupid?
Now you are being very daft. Are you comparing a story of immense suffering to insist on faith in love via a MAN to a frickin' bug!!?

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:05 pmYou can know what you know... and someone else can know what they know... and neither has to see the same, nor must they be lorded over by the other's perspective. Only men want to command others.

I believe that you've had profound experiences for yourself with other entities. Well, so have I. We interpret it differently, however. What difference does that make?
Lol. No DIFFERENCE...you can reincarnate through time, maybe be raised by hippies that have similar experiences. :D

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:51 pm Kant pretty mucb established that knowledge of 'god' could be neither a priori nor a posteriori knowledge and that there is nothing observable in the world that would require us to posit such a hypothesis. simply said, there is no evidence for 'god'. not the astonishing, finely tuned universe, not that ghost u thought tapped u on the knee and not the voices in your head.  none of this even kinda proves a god exists, mate. u need 2 take a gotdamn philosophy class'er sumthin.

And despite what IC might try to sell u, Immanuel never could and still Kan't prove 'god' exists.
It is EXTREMELY SIMPLE, and EASY, to PROVE whether God exists, or NOT.

It just takes one thing FIRST.