God: a hypothetical consideration of implications.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobmax

Re: God: a hypothetical consideration of implications!

Post by bobmax »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm Well Max, you have surprised me there. What in particular about Eckhart stands out for you, as a source of mystic inspiration?
Detachment and compassion.

I met Eckhart after a long pilgrimage in search of the Truth.
And with him I traveled this last piece of road. I feel in tune with him.

Reading his sermons, I clarified the meaning of my past experiences, which I had not recognized at the time.

Like compassion, that when it takes you you are no longer there.

I think the heart of Eckhart's speech can be summed up in his invocation: "I pray to God that he will deliver me from God".
Hermit Philosopher

Re: God: a hypothetical consideration by attofishpi

Post by Hermit Philosopher »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:45 pm I had a look at the link. Your artwork is very expressive and seems a good outlet for your thoughts and ideas. Have you always used art as a medium, also before acquiring your current perspective on things?

I’m a psychologist, with special interest in people with your type of experiences. Please, don’t let that put you off - I’m old and retired nowadays.
Well, I'm young(ish) and retired from my career in IT!

I've always enjoyed drawing as far back as I can remember.

I'm certainly not put off that you are a psychologist, as per my statement earlier I did question that you may be involved in mental health since you stated having spoken to others with similar 'encounters'.

I am intrigued. Actually, can you elaborate on any stories from these people and did you have to refer many/any to psychiatrists for medication?

You could go into graphics, attofishpi. It’s emotionally rewarding to put one’s gifts into practice - especially if you’re young(ish) still!

In regards to stories, there is no specific one that sticks out more than another to me. All accounts are unique and uniquely interesting. At the same time, there are aspects and patterns that set these sort of experiences apart from say, dreams or regular use of one’s imagination, so to say.

And of course, sometimes these things too, can lead someone into episodes of psychosis, paranoia, or - not entirely uncommon - ideas of self-grandioseness. But in my opinion, these seem closer related with what an individual chooses to do with their changed perspective and, far from all cases lead down such roads. Also -as you briefly said- there is good medication on offer nowadays, should one require it to function better in daily life.

Humbly
Hermit
attofishpi

Re: God: a hypothetical consideration by attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:22 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:45 pm I had a look at the link. Your artwork is very expressive and seems a good outlet for your thoughts and ideas. Have you always used art as a medium, also before acquiring your current perspective on things?

I’m a psychologist, with special interest in people with your type of experiences. Please, don’t let that put you off - I’m old and retired nowadays.
Well, I'm young(ish) and retired from my career in IT!

I've always enjoyed drawing as far back as I can remember.

I'm certainly not put off that you are a psychologist, as per my statement earlier I did question that you may be involved in mental health since you stated having spoken to others with similar 'encounters'.

I am intrigued. Actually, can you elaborate on any stories from these people and did you have to refer many/any to psychiatrists for medication?

You could go into graphics, attofishpi. It’s emotionally rewarding to put one’s gifts into practice - especially if you’re young(ish) still!

In regards to stories, there is no specific one that sticks out more than another to me. All accounts are unique and uniquely interesting. At the same time, there are aspects and patterns that set these sort of experiences apart from say, dreams or regular use of one’s imagination, so to say.

And of course, sometimes these things too, can lead someone into episodes of psychosis, paranoia, or - not entirely uncommon - ideas of self-grandioseness. But in my opinion, these seem closer related with what an individual chooses to do with their changed perspective and, far from all cases lead down such roads. Also -as you briefly said- there is good medication on offer nowadays, should one require it to function better in daily life.

Humbly
Hermit
So how thus far how have I been diagnosed? Am I delusional, or am I being rational?
Hermit Philosopher

attofishpi, I’m certain you know that one does not responsibly “diagnose” anyone based on anonymous online correspondences, without any whatsoever background information or understanding of an individual’s personal context. And one would not “diagnose” at all on a public forum. :wink:

I assure you, that is not the purpose for my interest in your experiences.

Humbly
Hermit
roydop

Post by roydop »

This explains ALL.

https://youtu.be/0k7_nSnYGrU

Perhaps start at minute 35.

Yeah, this is a "computer simulation"/Divine game (same message as "Maya", different metaphor).
The purpose of the simulation/game is to find conclusion of the game, as a mystery to be solved or a labyrinth to escape (Samsara).
The path out of the labyrinth is through THOUGHT FREE AWARENESS.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hermit Philosopher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:55 pm attofishpi, I’m certain you know that one does not responsibly “diagnose” anyone based on anonymous online correspondences, without any whatsoever background information or understanding of an individual’s personal context. And one would not “diagnose” at all on a public forum. :wink:

Humbly
Hermit
Dear Humble Hermit, what mindset are you of...are you theist, agnostic atheist, have gnosis, believe we are in a "Matrix"...what do YOU believe?
Hermit Philosopher

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:21 am
Hermit Philosopher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:55 pm attofishpi, I’m certain you know that one does not responsibly “diagnose” anyone based on anonymous online correspondences, without any whatsoever background information or understanding of an individual’s personal context. And one would not “diagnose” at all on a public forum. :wink:

Humbly
Hermit
Dear Humble Hermit, what mindset are you of...are you theist, agnostic atheist, have gnosis, believe we are in a "Matrix"...what do YOU believe?

Well, let’s see…
  • I believe that life “happens” and that the perspective we have on what happens [life], with practice, can become a choice.
  • I believe that life for us [humans], is the experience of our own attitude towards our [chosen] perspective.
  • I think that those who are most at peace with life and those who are most pleasant to encounter, are those who’s perspective allow them to continue to approach what happens [life] with the attentiveness and trust of a child, the selflessness and humility of a martyr and the servitude of devoted mothers.
  • I believe that it takes (at least) a lifetime to learn how to remain attentive, trusting, selfless and humble despite all that one will encounter, but that it is most worth one’s effort if one chooses to try.
I was raised atheist, in an academic family, within a secular society. I became of faith in my late 20’s but never joined a religion. I live a quiet and peaceful life, devoted to those whom I encounter.

Humbly
Hermit
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Hermit Philosopher wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:12 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:21 am

Humbly
Hermit

Well, let’s see…
  • I believe that life “happens” and that the perspective we have on what happens [life], with practice, can become a choice.
  • I believe that life for us [humans], is the experience of our own attitude towards our [chosen] perspective.
  • I think that those who are most at peace with life and those who are most pleasant to encounter, are those who’s perspective allow them to continue to approach what happens [life] with the attentiveness and trust of a child, the selflessness and humility of a martyr and the servitude of devoted mothers.
  • I believe that it takes (at least) a lifetime to learn how to remain attentive, trusting, selfless and humble despite all that one will encounter, but that it is most worth one’s effort if one chooses to try.
I was raised atheist, in an academic family, within a secular society. I became of faith in my late 20’s but never joined a religion. I live a quiet and peaceful life, devoted to those whom I encounter.

Humbly
Hermit
Hermit, from what you have posted it is little wonder that you chose psychology as your vacation. However, when you state that in your late 20s you then had 'faith', I would like to know what exactly it is that you have faith in, as it is rather open ended and could be interpretted in multiple ways.
Hermit Philosopher

attofishpi wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:11 am Hermit, from what you have posted it is little wonder that you chose psychology as your vacation. However, when you state that in your late 20s you then had 'faith', I would like to know what exactly it is that you have faith in, as it is rather open ended and could be interpretted in multiple ways.
Dear attofishpi,

Coming into faith for me, was a process of a few years, because my narrow understanding of causality, would hide the logic behind my new experiences from me for some time. And yet, simultaneously, I was being forced to question much of what I had held as real and true.

It is no exaggeration to say that my process of conversion was a period of crisis; not just for myself, but for my loved ones also, as the person they’d known as me - my convictions, incentives, priories, etc. - went through significant transformation.

You say that “coming into faith” is vague and I agree, but I have not wanted to specify my faith here because I am uncertain of its irrelevance to our conversation.

What I believe in, goes by many names and different people account for it in different ways. Language is limiting like that and there are many experiences for which man has no precise words. So, we are forced to use metaphor, parable and analogy - opening arenas for endless misinterpretation of one another.

That is also why I chose not to belong to a particular religion. I think that in time, having done so would have limited my understanding of other “faith-languages” than my own and, it is not the differences, but the similarities in faiths that are of interest to me.

To not dismiss your question to me altogether, I’ll say that by “coming into faith” I mean the process of me going from atheist to agnostic and finally, to theist.

Humbly,
Hermit
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Thank you Hermit P.

Now I can move on to the original concept of the hypothetical God and implications... understand, one needs to think of ones soul in 4 dimensions, in that it travels via reincarnation through time, with karma a key component. But it is late here, but I do intend to take this thread further obviously.
promethean75

Re: God: a hypothetical consideration of implications.

Post by promethean75 »

Oh yeah? well i know a dude over at ILP who's building a hyper-dimensional mirror so he can reconstruct reality based on a new plan for existence that involves absolutely no consent violation whatsoever (that's what earns you degrees of bad karma each time you exist), everybody gets what they want at nobody else's expense, and we all live happily ever after. finally a real non-zero sum world where everybody is a winner. dude's like the architect from the Matrix.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:09 pm Thank you Hermit P.

one needs to think of ones soul in 4 dimensions, in that it travels via reincarnation through time,
I wonder who first discovered that, and how they came to do it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:52 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:09 pm Thank you Hermit P.

one needs to think of ones soul in 4 dimensions, in that it travels via reincarnation through time,
I wonder who first discovered that, and how they came to do it.
Harbal, have another look at the attributes I listed in the OP - which for everyone elses POV in this thread, is of course the 'hypothetical' view.

The reason I talk about reincarnation, is simply because of certain things that have been indicated to me about my prior life. Bit busy right now but will get the thread kicking off soon(ish).

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am www.androcies.com

Ok, so most of you on the forum know that I claim to have knowledge that God exists since events dating back to 1997.

I thought it would be interesting for me to share my analysis of REALITY pertaining to the implications of what I have had empirically proven to me personally, as per the attributes of God below, and to see whether my analysis stacks up with regards to this entity.

NB. If you wish to comprehend how I have had these attributes proven empirically to me, then please view the Simulation or Divine Reality thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33214

FIRST: Consider the below as the defining features of this God, at least hypothetically in your case, in pursuit for debate:
============================================== DEFINING GOD =========================================

Either:-
1. God is divine and constructs our reality in real-time.
2. 'God' is A.I. - artificial intelligence - that we have evolved into a simulation (see simulation hypothesis) ..again, our reality is constructed in real-time. NB. The reason we would evolve into a simulation is to conserve resources as entropy increases.
3. but, then it could also be this:- God is a combination of the above.
If one was to claim, for example, 'to have knowledge that wind exists', then would it not be expected for that one to be able to define and describe what 'wind' is, exactly, first?

It is not usual to wonder whether 'wind' is,

Either:-
1. This. Or,
2. That.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am ATTRIBUTES OF GOD:
- What we perceive as reality, is 'generated' by this entity at THE most finite sub-atomic scale where either an event occurs or it doesn't - ergo, it has binary control over ALL matter, that includes our very own grey matter (if it wishes).
What does this actually mean?

What is this 'it' thing, and, how does 'it' have control over ALL matter?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT has the ability to KNOW everything within the minds of wo/man.
When, and if, you also come to KNOW what God IS, EXACTLY, then you will clearly see and understand what the Incorrectness is here, also.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT has the ability to switch ALL matter within our brains - our synapses - making us akin to biological robots - should serendipity or synchronicity be a desired outcome.
And, 'you', the thing that can be manipulated, KNOW this how, EXACTLY?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT has formed key words within the ENGLISH language - the common protocol for communication with anomalies and intricacies beyond natural language etymology.
This implies that the ENGLISH language is NOT a natural language. Are you at all able to explain how absolutely ANY thing is NOT natural?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT has the ability to appear to morph matter that you perceive as 'matter'.
Although ALL matter is changing ALL of the time, anyway, what do you mean by 'appear to morph matter that you perceive as 'matter'?

1. What does the word 'matter' mean, or refer to, to you?
2. What is 'matter', if it is not 'matter', which is only perceived as 'matter'?
3. 'matter' is changing its shape and form ALL of the time, through evolution.
4. What does the word 'morph' mean, or refer to, to you?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT has ultimate control over ALL that we perceive as dimensions within our reality.
So, WHY does 'IT' SHOW and REVEAL a DIFFERENT 'dimension', to 'me', than 'IT' does to 'you'?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT is KARMIC.
What does this even mean?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IT reincarnates US (souls) to within families - or other - that we deserve based on KARMA.
Talk about one thinking it is BETTER, or WORSE, than "another".
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - Entropy is likely to be key to the reason it permits the opposite of FAITH -> DOUBT (in other words, fools that cross certain lines of KARMA may end up 666).
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - To know God, is through Christ.
Most of 'you', human beings, were MORE God-like, BEFORE any human being known as "jesus christ" EVER came along.

Those human beings were FAR CLOSER to God, then most so-called "christians" are in the days when this is being written. Thus, those NON "christians", it could be argued, KNEW God BETTER than most "christians" do.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am =======================================(END) DEFINING FEATURES OF GOD ===================================

Genesis 1 (King James Version)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
'In the beginning' of what, EXACTLY?

Work that out FULLY and CORRECTLY, then your WHOLE view here will CHANGE, and literally along with ALL the matter within that human brain.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.[/b]

I find verse 3 interesting. Let there be light.

It is as if God is asking another entity to permit light.
To 'me', God is just talking about en-LIGHT-ening with-IN the human being, or human brain if you like. After all this is where True IN-SIGHT is obtained.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am These three verses opening of Genesis and especially verse 3, where anthropically we are expected that God speaks, and indeed, speaks light into existence is at the outset a large stretch to expect anyone of an intelligent mind to consider as truth.
ALL 'knowledge' comes from the voice/s WITH-IN.

When, and if, 'you' discover what God IS, EXACTLY, as well, then this ALL makes PERFECT SENSE.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am Why?
Why would this entity, God, open 'His' holy book with such vague statements that smack in the face of all logic and rational comprehension?
The ONLY 'vagueness' here is a result of 'your' human MISINTERPRETATIONS, MISUNDERSTANDINGS, MISCONSTRUCTIONS, while MISLEADING 'each other'.

Thee Truth, literally, speaks for IT's Self. This can be HEARD, and SEEN, VERY CLEARLY and VERY BRIGHTLY from the Tutor WITH-IN. True God is KNOWN IN-Tuitively. Through IN-Tuition God is SPEAKING to 'you' ALL, LOUD and CLEAR, and as 'I' have been IN-FORM-ing ALL of 'you', human beings, here it is your very OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS that are PREVENTING and STOPPING 'you' ALL from being ABLE TO SEE and HEAR thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of things.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am - IF there is a God,
Did you not start this thread about how you CLAIM to have knowledge that God exists?

If yes, then WHY question, 'IF there is a God'?

Does God exist or NOT, to 'you', "attofishpi"?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am it is conceivable that this entity is wanting us, intelligent minds of its creation, to question this 'holy' book from the very outset.
Or, just as conceivable, It wants 'you', human beings, to just SHUT UP, and LISTEN, instead of MISINTERPRETING what is being SAID and TOLD to 'you'.

For example, literally, from the VERY START the words 'In the beginning' do NOT mean, NOR refer to, to what just about ALL of 'you', adult human beings, PRESUME they do. If 'you' just STOPPED MISINTERPRETING, literally 'in the beginning', and then STOPPED ASSUMING and BELIEVING that your OWN MISINTERPRETATIONS of words and terms is what the truth is, then 'you' could START LEARNING and OBTAINING what thee ACTUAL Truth of things IS, EXACTLY.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am Indeed, it is conceivable that from the outset, God wants us to question the entire content, not just accept it all. After all, he made us intelligent, so surely he would expect us to question "Him"?
QUESTIONING, instead of ASSUMING or BELIEVING, is how True INTELLIGENCE works.

Also, it could be said, how about START by QUESTIONING WHY absolutely ANY one would call God a "he"?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am -

Now, as per the defining features you should have noticed that reincarnation is involved.
It was.

And ALSO, by the way, your OWN INTERPRETATION of 'reincarnation' is another complete MISINTERPRETATION of things.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am That we have existed prior to our current lives somewhere upon the planet.
Who or what does this 'we' word here refer to, EXACTLY?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am One then needs to really think about KARMA and the fourth dimension...as we have traversed time, and have been judged worthy to some extent to have been born into our current upbringing.
But some like "dontaskme" do NOT feel as they they have been judged 'worthy', and in fact probably think the EXACT OPPOSITE, in that they were judged so UNWORTHY as HAVING TO HAVE BEEN born into their Truly UNJUST and UNFAIR current upbringing.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 am This raises a LOT of implications and questions, and also may answer some.
This just confuses MORE, of what is ALREADY absolutely CONFUSING to 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age, can you just stop being an overbearing pedantic **** and treat this thread from a hypotheical POV?

..in other words, stop destroying every thread you decide to waffle in.