Americas

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Americas

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 am :lol: And Clinton's was what? Surely what's good for the goose?
Nice illustration of the truism: “In Britain, hypocrisy is the killer charge, the worst sin of all.”
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:52 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:48 am
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 am :lol: And Clinton's was what? Surely what's good for the goose?
Lordy, but that was a rather large cluster fuck, that one.

The used car salesman wasn't on the up & up, but he shoulda never been impeached and tried.

Ultimately: all that came from it was pain and sufferin' for the Repubs.

The Dems, apparently not bein' students of history, are puttin' their hands into a meat grinder, and Trump will gladly turn and turn and turn the handle.
Agreed but the precedent was set by the Repubs and for a lot less than using one's office and private mates to dig up dirt on rivals from a foreign state for an upcoming election, no?
Nice illustration of the truism: “In Britain, hypocrisy is the killer charge, the worst sin of all.”

In fact, it appears to be your only point, real or imagined, about any topic.

Double Duh.

:lol:
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

impeachment without conviction wasn't enough... Slick willie was also disbarred

lawyers can't lie in court, but democrat presidents can

-Imp
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:16 am
impeachment without conviction wasn't enough... Slick willie was also disbarred

lawyers can't lie in court, but democrat presidents can

-Imp
Although in fact he was suspended not disbarred in Arkansa and he stepped down as prez before any court ruling about the supreme Court. :roll:
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 am

Bluntly: if he ain't rapin' kids, ain't workin' to take my shotgun, and ain't workin' to put a leash around my throat, and as long as he continues to flummox and frustrate the folks who are, he's got my vote in November.
pretty low bar, the lower one - after giving rump a pass for not buggings kids, will be a pass for bugging kids for the next president.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:48 am
Agreed but the precedent was set by the Repubs and for a lot less than using one's office and private mates to dig up dirt on rivals from a foreign state for an upcoming election, no?
No. It doesn't seem that that happened.

There is, so far as anyone can find, no evidence of such a thing. The Ukrainians say it didn't happen at all, because they felt no pressure and were investigating anyway -- at least until J. Biden got the investigator sacked.
Faux mantra noted.

fact is Ukraine is terrified of Russia - and is LYING when they say they were not pressured by Trump to invesigate Bidon.

this is horse sense bubba.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:50 am fact is Ukraine is terrified of Russia - and is LYING when they say they were not pressured by Trump to invesigate Bidon.
Yeah, this is what the Democrats say. Unfortunately for them, not only do the Ukrainians say it didn't happen, but the aid in question was not held back! That means that if Trump was trying to get a quid pro quo, he had absolutely no idea about how to do it. To get a quid pro quo, you have to hold something back, so the people you're influencing have to play ball.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:24 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:50 am fact is Ukraine is terrified of Russia - and is LYING when they say they were not pressured by Trump to invesigate Bidon.
Yeah, this is what the Democrats say. Unfortunately for them, not only do the Ukrainians say it didn't happen,
I explained why that deny reality.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:24 am but the aid in question was not held back! That means that if Trump was trying to get a quid pro quo, he had absolutely no idea about how to do it.
not sure where you get your news, but you need other sources, my gov rule only 2 weeks ago that holding the funds would be illegal - since the funds were granted via Congress (this under a law written in 1974 - a time where Congress passed law to secur their power of the purse seeing Nixon abuse of power - i forget the name of the law (my mem is poor - you can look it up via google) - in effect if you do not "spend the money toward what congress give to toward" within one fiscal year, you as president are in violation of said law.

the only reason Rump released the funds was because of the whislle blower's - made public (after covering up the complant within the Dept of State and later Inteligence dept could not kill the complant) ie it became public.

Rump is thug and is actions are illegal - many, ukraine is only one (i have no doubt he has the same corruption with the Saudis and Israel - locked up in that "secret server").
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Congressional Budget & Impoundment Control Act of 1974
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:47 am

Bluntly: if he ain't rapin' kids, ain't workin' to take my shotgun, and ain't workin' to put a leash around my throat, and as long as he continues to flummox and frustrate the folks who are, he's got my vote in November.
pretty low bar, the lower one - after giving rump a pass for not buggings kids, will be a pass for bugging kids for the next president.
Interestin' how you ignored...

ain't workin' to take my shotgun, and ain't workin' to put a leash around my throat, and as long as he continues to flummox and frustrate the folks who are

...very interestin'.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:53 am

ain't workin' to take my shotgun, and ain't workin' to put a leash around my throat, and as long as he continues to flummox and frustrate the folks who are

...very interestin'.
??

is English your first language Sir?

if not thats ok, unlike Rump i understand America the nation a love is founded upon and welcomes legal immigrants.

welcome to America BTW.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:00 am

...very interestin'.
??

if not thats ok, unlike Rump i understand America the nation a love is founded and welcomes legal immigrants.

welcome to America BTW.
After you sober up, it'll make sense.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:02 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:00 am

...very interestin'.
??

if not thats ok, unlike Rump i understand America the nation a love is founded and welcomes legal immigrants.

welcome to America BTW.
After you sober up, it'll make sense.
if you say so, but you can take the time to use small words and short sentences (ya i barbed you and you back at me - touche).

seriously in the interest of understanding over quips, i would welcome clairification of your former reply.

if not, ok too - though dissapointed.

-----------

you know as well as i i don't have a compulsion to converse (show up here) when sober (a loner my nature - liquor brings the "brotherhood of man" out in me and so the need to show up here and disscuss matters of import.

the rest of the time - when sober, as a loner i just think of matters of import via internal dialog (since my best friends that live here - i have 4 or so) locally are fixated upon talking about trivial matters,

sadly - i tried to converse on a deeper level, but i see the fear in their eyes yrs ago and so just stopped trying - save one, who is now an utter drunk and just sadly have to avoid (he has a deep nature and likes to talk about matters like found in this forum, but 3 weeks ago while drunk nearly got into a knife fight with another guy waling down the street for him making a snide remark about his drunkeness - i have no wish to deal with such bullshit (accompice to maiming/murder - i now sadly avoid my best friend of 42 yrs - he said he will join AA, but don't believe him (oddly enough he was not a drunk for 39 yrs - just the last 3 has he gone fulldore suicide by pickled liver - and his anger/hate - which he never had before - has really taken over, so bad company ;-(.........
henry quirk

gaffo, here's your clarification

Post by henry quirk »

I wrote:
Bluntly: if he (Trump) ain't rapin' kids, ain't workin' to take my shotgun, and ain't workin' to put a leash around my throat, and as long as he continues to flummox and frustrate the folks who are, he's got my vote in November.
You wrote:
What I found interesting, what I still find interesting, is how you accuse me of setting a low bar based on...
if he ain't rapin' kids
...as though I give Trump a pass only cuz he doesn't rape kids.

You totally ignore the rest of my statement...
...which, I think, raises the bar considerably.