Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:50 pm People who can only criticize Islam by premeditating their sentiment with 'oh, but I hate all religions', or by first shitting on another religion, are some of the most annoying people on the face of the earth. Actually, immature, is probably the word a bit more accurate to the situation. I could see a legitimate reason for why you would want to do it in the case of conversing with an actual Muslim, as it would help to establish a nuanced caveat that would lead him to believe you're not targeting his religion, specifically. But that's not the motivation that a lot of these people have. They feel the need to clarify, because the thought of agreeing with the consensus of conservative christians on anything related to that religious belief, makes them want to vomit in their mouths. It's like a petulant teenager who objects to everything his parents say, just because he wants to be an edgy contrarian.

As for your actual topic, Maajid Nawaz isn't saying to offer an apology to Muslims. But I do definitely agree with his view. Reformation of a religion isn't going to come by pretending that all of the barbaric tenets in it either don't exist, or aren't even bad. I am of the opinion that islamic fundamentalism can not co-exist with western values, but I think some proponents against the islamic faith have a pretty fruitless proposal, because what they really want isn't going to happen. The sort of method offered by him and Sam Harris is something I find to be the most practical - we aren't going to get rid of islam, so we can only reform it. Definitely don't agree with their views on immigration, though.
He didn't say he hates all religions or have you got the wrong end of the stick as usual?
vegetariantaxidermy

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:50 pm People who can only criticize Islam by premeditating their sentiment with 'oh, but I hate all religions', or by first shitting on another religion, are some of the most annoying people on the face of the earth. Actually, immature, is probably the word a bit more accurate to the situation. I could see a legitimate reason for why you would want to do it in the case of conversing with an actual Muslim, as it would help to establish a nuanced caveat that would lead him to believe you're not targeting his religion, specifically. But that's not the motivation that a lot of these people have. They feel the need to clarify, because the thought of agreeing with the consensus of conservative christians on anything related to that religious belief, makes them want to vomit in their mouths. It's like a petulant teenager who objects to everything his parents say, just because he wants to be an edgy contrarian.

As for your actual topic, Maajid Nawaz isn't saying to offer an apology to Muslims. But I do definitely agree with his view. Reformation of a religion isn't going to come by pretending that all of the barbaric tenets in it either don't exist, or aren't even bad. I am of the opinion that islamic fundamentalism can not co-exist with western values, but I think some proponents against the islamic faith have a pretty fruitless proposal, because what they really want isn't going to happen. The sort of method offered by him and Sam Harris is something I find to be the most practical - we aren't going to get rid of islam, so we can only reform it. Definitely don't agree with their views on immigration, though.
Reforms are being rejected by most Muslim sects out of fear and having to admit that their ideology is un-civilized.

The environment might force them to move more quickly as immigration increases and less land becomes livable.

Regards
DL
Good. You deserve to have Sharia forced on you for what you have done to the ME. It's known as reaping what you sow.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 amReforms are being rejected by most Muslim sects out of fear and having to admit that their ideology is un-civilized.

The environment might force them to move more quickly as immigration increases and less land becomes livable.
I don't necessarily disagree, but that doesn't mean it's not making any impact or works as a better solution to the issue. Obviously, islamic apologetics by people who aren't islamic need to stop.

Well, I'm talking more about their position on the refugee crisis. I don't think it's the governments job to get involved in the way that Sam harris and Nawaz suggests.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Geez I hate this subject. Brings out the worst in people. Even good people start to speak hate.

I just wish you all could distinguish between normal idiots, like the most of us, and crazy idiots!

I'm off this subject. Have fun with your little war.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 am

He didn't say he hates all religions or have you got the wrong end of the stick as usual?
You should know I wasn't talking about him. In fact, you might say, you should especially know that I wasn't talking about him.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 amGood. You deserve to have Sharia forced on you for what you have done to the ME. It's known as reaping what you sow.
What did GIA do to the middle east? "Sins of the father" situation, or do you know he actually fought/supported something that was done in the middle east?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

QuantumT wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 am Geez I hate this subject. Brings out the worst in people. Even good people start to speak hate.
Am I to assume a slot in that bin? If so, what exactly have I said that's so outlandish? The fact that I don't like Islamic ideology - much like yourself - or the fact that I don't think we should intervening in the affairs of other countries?
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:32 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 am

You should know I wasn't talking about him. In fact, you might say, you should especially know that I wasn't talking about him.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 amGood. You deserve to have Sharia forced on you for what you have done to the ME. It's known as reaping what you sow.
What did GIA do to the middle east? "Sins of the father" situation, or do you know he actually fought/supported something that was done in the middle east?
Then who were you talking about?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

QuantumT wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:09 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am I doubt that.

Muslims are already being deported from The E. U. and many E.U countries are already pushing back.

Muslims had better get used to closed Western doors.

Regards
DL
We are all the same, but have different ideas. Some ideas are more crazy than others. But to stigmatise so many people, for being born and raised with one certain idea, is as crazy as Hitler was.
Hitler was not dealing with a perpetually violent insurgency that wanted to form a caliphate.

If your enemy want to kill or convert you and allows no other choice, to allow it is to want to die.

The Muslim ideology is not something a freedom wanting people can live with. They kill their apostates just like a slave owner can kill his slave.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 amReforms are being rejected by most Muslim sects out of fear and having to admit that their ideology is un-civilized.

I don't necessarily disagree, but that doesn't mean it's not making any impact or works as a better solution to the issue. Obviously, islamic apologetics by people who aren't islamic need to stop.

Well, I'm talking more about their position on the refugee crisis. I don't think it's the governments job to get involved in the way that Sam harris and Nawaz suggests.
I do not know what is being suggested, but I do know that we all have some biases against others not like us and that mass immigration, as has been shown, only creates ghettos that we have to suffer till the next generation assimilates or integrates into the culture.

Almost all people dislike integration and assimilation as can be shown by stats that show that they might work alongside another color but they/we will not befriend them in most cases. Look at any city and you can see how they are quartered by color.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Just so you all know my overall position on religions.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing
that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am I doubt that.

Muslims are already being deported from The E. U. and many E.U countries are already pushing back.

Muslims had better get used to closed Western doors.

Regards
DL
We are all the same, but have different ideas. Some ideas are more crazy than others. But to stigmatise so many people, for being born and raised with one certain idea, is as crazy as Hitler was.
Hitler was not dealing with a perpetually violent insurgency that wanted to form a caliphate.

If your enemy want to kill or convert you and allows no other choice, to allow it is to want to die.

The Muslim ideology is not something a freedom wanting people can live with. They kill their apostates just like a slave owner can kill his slave.

Regards
DL
So how many muslims have tried to kill or convert you?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Regards
DL
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for showing us the size of your mind.

Regards
DL
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 am Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
That is the most stupid argument I've ever heard!

Sorry I wanted to leave this, but when stupidity becomes so aloud I have to protest.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Regards
DL
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
Pathetic cop-out. It's an obvious question to ask you as you seem to spend your entire existence quaking in fear of 'barbaric' muslims.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 pm Do we owe Muslims another apology?
Who is "we"? I do not know the complete composition of this "we", but that you belong to it is a rational conclusion I can make, otherwise it would not be a "we" but a "they"!
I am of the belief that if anyone does something wrong to someone else, then they should at least seek to apologize when they come to realize their mistake. So if you feel you have done wrong to some Muslims, then if you feel like it you can seek their forgiveness. The Muslims are good people, they will forgive you if God wills, don't worry about it! :) Otherwise, if you have done nothing to the Muslims then there is no need for you to apologize. Everything is good.