Ignorant people are not more "happy"

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Ignorant people are not more "happy"

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Do you know how ridiculous it is to ask for statistics for a post like this? I'm so done with you people. Even flat-earthers had less absurdity than this.
The stats are out there.

Why should we discuss your personal view? It's worthless.

Think about it!

There are more people in the world that the self centred, self interested "great" and (ahem!) wise Trixie.
Lies, I am probably the least selfish most caring person in the world. I don't even like myself. I've gave it much thought, and what you are saying is not true, and my views are not worthless, and are true.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Do you know how ridiculous it is to ask for statistics for a post like this? I'm so done with you people. Even flat-earthers had less absurdity than this.
The stats are out there.

Why should we discuss your personal view? It's worthless.

Think about it!

There are more people in the world that the self centred, self interested "great" and (ahem!) wise Trixie.
Lies, I am probably the least selfish most caring person in the world. I don't even like myself. I've gave it much thought, and what you are saying is not true, and my views are not worthless, and are true.
You are selfish because you seem incapable is understanding the your views while paramount to yourself are of little interest in a Philosophical debate.
If you ask, are "ignorant people more happy" you are asking a generalising question. Neither yours nor my own personal experience is of much use to answering this question.
Whether or not you think yourself "caring" is also nothing to do with "ignorant people".
You are so caring that you stupidly compared my objections to "flat-earthers", how considerate of you.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote: You are selfish because you seem incapable is understanding the your views while paramount to yourself are of little interest in a Philosophical debate.
If you ask, are "ignorant people more happy" you are asking a generalising question. Neither yours nor my own personal experience is of much use to answering this question.
Whether or not you think yourself "caring" is also nothing to do with "ignorant people".
You are so caring that you stupidly compared my objections to "flat-earthers", how considerate of you.
No. Your objections are similar to flat earthers, since they ask for statistics to verify every little obvious fact. I am not selfish for bringing up this topic. It seems the humans have learned nothing at all. The topic will be brought up until the humans learn the lesson inside of the topic. It will not be taken down, since the humans have not yet learned the values within.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: You are selfish because you seem incapable is understanding the your views while paramount to yourself are of little interest in a Philosophical debate.
No. Your objections are similar to flat earthers, since they ask for statistics to verify every little obvious fact. I am not selfish for bringing up this topic. It seems the humans have learned nothing at all. The topic will be brought up until the humans learn the lesson inside of the topic. It will not be taken down, since the humans have not yet learned the values within.
You are a laugh a minute.

Expand your mind, and read something. You can read can't you?

http://calynbana.hubpages.com/hub/Can-I ... amorphoses
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

"Ignorance is bliss" is old news dude. Yeah meat-eaters have bliss when they bite into their burger but do they deserve it? Hell no. There bliss comes a price, everyone has to suffer from it just like jihadists and phobic christians. If everyone goes around being ignorant it will cancel out and collide, causing no bliss at all.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

"Ignorance is bliss" is old news dude. Yeah meat-eaters have bliss when they bite into their burger but do they deserve it? Hell no. There bliss comes a price, everyone has to suffer from it just like jihadists and phobic christians. If everyone goes around being ignorant it will cancel out and collide, causing no bliss at all.
Did you even bother to open the link?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Yeah I skimmed it. I'm aware of the concept "ignorance is bliss" already it's old news. It's true in certain cases but its a dead-end road, their bliss comes at a cost. If there's something I missed in the article please summarize.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Yeah I skimmed it. I'm aware of the concept "ignorance is bliss" already it's old news. It's true in certain cases but its a dead-end road, their bliss comes at a cost. If there's something I missed in the article please summarize.
You are missing the most salient point of the saying. For 50,000 years the Aborigines were happy, and blissfully unaware of the rest of the world.
Today we are blissfuly unaware of all the things we know nothing about.
"Old News" is a meaningless objection.

If you are unaware of something, it can't make you unhappy. Your objection is without merit. In fact you have not really offered any kind of objection to this obvious point.

What I think is that you don't have a good grasp of what the saying is for. It was never a recommendation, just an absolute truism.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You are missing the most salient point of the saying. For 50,000 years the Aborigines were happy, and blissfully unaware of the rest of the world.

If you are unaware of something, it can't make you unhappy. Your objection is without merit. In fact you have not really offered any kind of objection to this obvious point.

What I think is that you don't have a good grasp of what the saying is for. It was never a recommendation, just an absolute truism.
Hmm so they dragged out their ignorance for 50,000 years with no ill effect. Came at a heavy price, they were unequipped to defend themselves from big bad whitey. If they were happy they must have not been too ignorant of wisdom related things. Whitey wasn't too ignorant of science but seemed to be ignorant to the concept of kindness. So I guess the conclusion that can be reached is "Ignorance of wisdom is not bliss."
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Hmm so they dragged out their ignorance for 50,000 years with no ill effect. Came at a heavy price, they were unequipped to defend themselves from big bad whitey. If they were happy they must have not been too ignorant of wisdom related things. Whitey wasn't too ignorant of science but seemed to be ignorant to the concept of kindness. So I guess the conclusion that can be reached is "Ignorance of wisdom is not bliss."
What you say is utterly irrelevant.
50,000 years is a success for thousands of generations. QED: Ignorance is bliss.
As you have got fuck all idea what might come along and wipe you out, your ignorance, which is legion, cannot but make you blissfully unaware of those dangers. QED: Ignorance is bliss.

You are full of opinion but have little to no reason or knowledge. You come across as a 16 year old.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: You are full of opinion but have little to no reason or knowledge. You come across as a 16 year old.
Hobbes, just a bit of advice the next time you are tempted to respond to Trixie, "Don't feed the Troll".

You are being extra generous with her age.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
50,000 years is a success for thousands of generations. QED: Ignorance is bliss.
As you have got fuck all idea what might come along and wipe you out, your ignorance, which is legion, cannot but make you blissfully unaware of those dangers. QED: Ignorance is bliss.

You are full of opinion but have little to no reason or knowledge. You come across as a 16 year old.
Seeing as how you have the mindset of whitey, I believe you are the problem not me. You deserve to die, honestly.

Also FYI, I changed my statement to "Ignorance of wisdom is not bliss". So in certain cases, ignorance is bliss, which I already admitted to several posts ago. Keep on going with your dumb train though.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Seeing as how you have the mindset of whitey, I believe you are the problem not me. You deserve to die, honestly.

Also FYI, I changed my statement to "Ignorance of wisdom is not bliss". So in certain cases, ignorance is bliss, which I already admitted to several posts ago. Keep on going with your dumb train though.
There is something much worse than being ignorant, and that is being unrepentantly ignorant. This is you.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
There is something much worse than being ignorant, and that is being unrepentantly ignorant. This is you.
How so? I'm not the one mindlessly saying "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over. I've heard what you had to say, came to the conclusion that "Ignorance is Bliss" under certain conditions, explained those conditions already. Where as you keep pointing the finger at me telling me "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over and yet calling me the ignorant one. Irony.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
How so? I'm not the one mindlessly saying "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over. I've heard what you had to say, came to the conclusion that "Ignorance is Bliss" under certain conditions, explained those conditions already. Where as you keep pointing the finger at me telling me "Ignorance is Bliss" over and over and yet calling me the ignorant one. Irony.
You would not know irony if it hit you in the face like a wet fish.
I'm saying "ignorance is bliss" over and over, and certainly not mindlessly, like you are saying it's "old news."
If you were to have read me more carefully you would know i was not "recommending it".

But I am glad you you have changed your mind somewhat since the start of the thread it shows that however much you resist reason, even you are capable of accepting it.