Knowledge is EVIL

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Knowledge is EVIL

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:24 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:22 pm No, not uncertain why I've started this thread, I know why I have started this thread.

I am uncertain that I have the problem of suffering all figured out, but I am not uncertain as to why I have started this thread.
Well, ok. When I asked you to state the problem you said "suffering is unpleasant". So I am going to make another inference here...."Knowledge is EVIL. Knowledge is unpleasant.".

Are you not even remotely curious whether other people experience it that way? Or are you happy to assume that everybody suffers as a result of EVIL knowledge?
I have no knowledge of what other people feel about knowledge.

The OP was how I personally feel about knowledge. If people want to discuss with me what I personally feel about knowledge being evil then they will, but I'm holding no gun to their head and forcing them to do so.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm That's what I want to discuss, the culprit for evil and knowledge.
OK, you are making even less sense now. The title of this topic is "Knowledge is Evil". You are equating the two. You are claiming that they are materially equivalent.

Now you are drawing a distinction, you are saying "the culprit for evil and knowledge" (two distinct phenomena), you are NOT saying "the culprit for EVIL knowledge" (one distinct phenomenon)

Well that's probably because I have no desire to make this too technical or complicated like you do, but then that's how your mind works for you, but my mind doesn't work like yours.

Here, I just happen to have an opinion that knowledge is evil and that being the custodian of such knowledge is the cause of human suffering.

I just like to keep it simple, basically.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm Here, I just happen to have an opinion that knowledge is evil and that being the custodian of such knowledge is the cause of human suffering.

Yeah. Not buying it.

Here is you ignoring the medical facts about depression (suffering), and you choosing to derail your own thread with sophistry.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:26 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:24 pm
Ignorance is bliss. This has been shown by the correlation between years of education and incidence of depression.
You cannot be ignorant and yet claim to have knowledge. If you know you are born, then you cannot be ignorant of that fact.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
You are most certainly alluding that both EVIL and knowledge have a common (unstated) cause.
Well I don't really know what you are saying here now. It's as though you are trying to tell what I'm thinking.

All I'm saying in the OP is that..evil is knowledge, and knowledge is evil and that evil knowledge is the cause of human suffering.

Which I aim to discuss, nothing more, nothing less. If you want to make a big hoo hah out of all this then there is nothing I can do about that.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm Here, I just happen to have an opinion that knowledge is evil and that being the custodian of such knowledge is the cause of human suffering.

Yeah. Not buying it.

Here is you ignoring the medical facts about depression (suffering), and you choosing to derail your own thread with sophistry.
Sophistry has nothing to do with this discussion, by assuming it is, you are the one derailing the thread.

I'm simply discussing the problem of human suffering - the problem I see here is that humans know they are suffering, and that's because they are knowledgable of the concept.

You cannot be ignorant and yet claim to have knowledge. If you know you are born, then you cannot be ignorant of that fact.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm Well I don't really know what you are saying here now. It's as though you are trying to tell what I'm thinking.
I am not at all trying to tell you what you are thinking. I am telling you what I am understanding (about your thinking), given the way you are using your words.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm All I'm saying in the OP is that..evil is knowledge, and knowledge is evil and that evil knowledge is the cause of human suffering.
Except, you also said this
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 pm That's what I want to discuss, the culprit for evil and knowledge.
Which suggest that there is a culprit FOR "evil and knowledge".
You most certainly did not name "evil", "knowledge" or "evil knowledge" for the culprit of suffering.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm Which I aim to discuss, nothing more, nothing less. If you want to make a big hoo hah out of all this then there is nothing I can do about that.
Nobody is making a big "hoo haa" out of this. I am trying to understand what you are saying. It's all incoherent nonsense so far.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm You cannot be ignorant and yet claim to have knowledge. If you know you are born, then you cannot be ignorant of that fact.
What does that have to do with "the suffering caused by EVIL knowledge"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm Well I don't really know what you are saying here now. It's as though you are trying to tell what I'm thinking.
I am not at all trying to tell you what you are thinking. I am telling you what I am understanding (about your thinking), given the way you are using your words.
ok
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm All I'm saying in the OP is that..evil is knowledge, and knowledge is evil and that evil knowledge is the cause of human suffering.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pmExcept, you also said this
Which suggest that there is a culprit FOR "evil and knowledge".
You most certainly did not name "evil", "knowledge" or "evil knowledge" for the culprit of suffering.
I think your just an expert at twisting up ideas here.

You were the one that first mentioned the word 'culprit' here not me. I never once mentioned that word.
I then did use the word culprit because you prompted me to do so as I was replying to the comment you made when you used the word. But then I've used in the context of my own understanding, in that the culprit for evil knowledge is the knower of evil knowledge which in my understanding belongs to the custodian of that knowledge, which is knowledge itself. How does that not make sense to you? This makes perfect sense to me, but if it doesn't to you, then so be it. I can't make you understand the way I see reality through the lens of my own unique perception, a view that make sense to me.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm Which I aim to discuss, nothing more, nothing less. If you want to make a big hoo hah out of all this then there is nothing I can do about that.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pmNobody is making a big "hoo haa" out of this. I am trying to understand what you are saying. It's all incoherent nonsense so far.
I am only responding to the comments you are making to me, if what I am replying to you is nonsense to you, then there is nothing I can do about that, what I am saying to you makes perfect sense to me here.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm You cannot be ignorant and yet claim to have knowledge. If you know you are born, then you cannot be ignorant of that fact.
What does that have to do with "the suffering caused by EVIL knowledge"?
It has everything to do with it..in my understanding.

I was responding to a comment made by ''commonsense''

Sometimes, subjects can divert and go off on a tangent, it just happens. What on earth is wrong with that?

Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 pm You were the one that first mentioned the word 'culprit' here not me. I never once mentioned that word.
I think your just an expert at twisting up ideas here.
Bullshit!

I asked...
Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 pm Who's the culprit?!?
To which you answered:
Notice how you DIDN'T SAY " the culprit for suffering" (which, according to the OP is "EVIL knowledge").
Notice how you implied that there is a CULPRIT FOR "evil and knowledge".

You are failing to pin-point the root cause of suffering.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:28 pm
I asked...

Who's the culprit?!?

To which you answered:

That's what I want to discuss, the culprit for evil and knowledge.

Notice how you DIDN'T SAY " the culprit for suffering" (which, according to the OP is "EVIL knowledge").
Notice how you implied that there is a CULPRIT FOR "evil and knowledge".

You are failing to pin-point the root cause of suffering.
Ok well you know all I can say is that I can only place these words down as they come out at the time. I'm only human, I'm not perfect at making everything sound perfect.

Ok, so I meant to imply that the culprit for suffering is the knowing of evil knowledge.

The culprit for suffering in my logic is evil knowledge, and that's what I'm saying.

I know I wrote evil and knowledge but I meant evil knowledge, it was just a momentary slip of the tongue, maybe a lack of concentration, idk, but I hope this is rectified now.

Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:48 pm Ok, so I meant to imply that the culprit for suffering is the knowing of evil knowledge.
The culprit for suffering in my logic is evil knowledge, and that's what I'm saying.
Cool. How do you propose we get rid of suffering?
Do you propose that we get rid of knowledge or do you have a plan B?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:49 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:48 pm Ok, so I meant to imply that the culprit for suffering is the knowing of evil knowledge.
Cool. How do you propose we get rid of suffering?
Do you propose that we get rid of knowledge or do you have a plan B?
Great so we are back on track finally, which is the problem of suffering.

The how to rid suffering is what I want to discuss here.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 pm Great so we are back on track finally, which is the problem of suffering.

The how to rid suffering is what I want to discuss here.
If knowledge causes suffering, surely the HOW is obvious to you?
No knowledge -> no suffering.

The problem isn't that. The problem is "How do you test this hypothesis?"

Or are you meaning to ask "How do we solve suffering without eradicating knowledge?"
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:54 pm If knowledge causes suffering, surely the HOW is obvious to you?
No knowledge -> no suffering.

The problem isn't that. The problem is "How do you test this hypothesis?"

No knowledge -> no suffering can definitely be tested to work by choosing not to pass known knowledge on to future potential knowers who are not aware of known knowledge yet.