How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by Dontaskme »

sthitapragya wrote:
But how can you say nothing is false or true? Your last sentence is " stay lost in your beliefs" which implies that my beliefs are false. How is that possible if nothing is false? And why are your beliefs true if nothing is true?
Out of the subjective that is neither false or true for who would verify it? comes the belief in truth or false.

No one can deny ideas exist we are living proof of it, but the idea that's often over looked is who's idea it is, and who has ever seen one? beliefs BE LIEfs are all we got to create a reality we believe to exist.

So be yourself the real fictional character.
sthitapragya

Re: How did spirituality, belief in God and the continuing search for God change you?

Post by sthitapragya »

Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:
But how can you say nothing is false or true? Your last sentence is " stay lost in your beliefs" which implies that my beliefs are false. How is that possible if nothing is false? And why are your beliefs true if nothing is true?
Out of the subjective that is neither false or true for who would verify it? comes the belief in truth or false.

No one can deny ideas exist we are living proof of it, but the idea that's often over looked is who's idea it is, and who has ever seen one? beliefs BE LIEfs are all we got to create a reality we believe to exist.

But if no one can deny that ideas exist that means the existence of ideas is true. In which case your statement that nothing is true or false is false.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:

But if no one can deny that ideas exist that means the existence of ideas is true. In which case your statement that nothing is true or false is false.

"be yourself the real fictional character". There is a very thin line between the profound and the ridiculous.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

sthitapragya wrote:
Your missing the point. There is only truth and only truth can know the truth...anything that appears as false is also true. No other thing can know truth, this because there is no other thing but Oneness which is the only truth.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

sthitapragya wrote: There is a very thin line between the profound and the ridiculous.
For whom is it ridiculous? ...find that one and tell me if it is ridiculous?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote: There is a very thin line between the profound and the ridiculous.
For whom is it ridiculous? ...find that one and tell me if it is ridiculous?
Who would you be without your name?

If you were the only person in the whole universe, what would you be, what would you know? who would give you your identity? but you ..you yourself.

What more proof is there than that ..that all is one ... where do ideas come from....?......no idea mate.

The trouble with the ego identity is that it needs to invent problems and arguments to validate it's own existence where there isn't any... otherwise it's nothing, and it hates being nothing,

LIFE doesn't have a problem or an argument with itself, only the false ego DOES THAT, it likes to box with it's shadow.

Geez, I'm thinking faster than I can type...ask yourself who's thinking?
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:
Your missing the point. There is only truth and only truth can know the truth...anything that appears as false is also true. No other thing can know truth, this because there is no other thing but Oneness which is the only truth.
So if the oneness is the only truth, everything else is false in which case everything you write is false including your claim that the oneness is the only truth. Like I said, too many inherent contradictions.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

sthitapragya wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:
So if the oneness is the only truth, everything else is false in which case everything you write is false including your claim that the oneness is the only truth. Like I said, too many inherent contradictions.
True and false are the same one being the other.

(bumper sticker)
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote:
ken wrote:
If the 'universe', is ALL things, then EVERY THING, including Existence, is a part of the One universe.
Ken, just to let you know, I responded to all your replies to my last post this morning and was just about to preview to do some editing if needed, when it said I was not logged in so couldn't press the submit button. I'm certain I was logged in, so I don't know if there was a technological problem with the site or something but I ended up losing all my work that had taken me ages to write. I was confused because I couldn't find my work anywhere and didn't know how to retrieve it, maybe I'd deleted it by accident I just don't know what happened to it. So I wasn't ignoring you or anything. I've been reading your new posts here today and am enjoying them, they are quite eye opening, and informatively intelligent. I like to read intelligent stuff, so thanks for your thoughts about the universe.
I feel the annoyance and frustration. Just a couple of days ago I spend hours writing something on here and was close to finishing it when, whilst writing, I somehow highlighted the whole lot and when i pressed my following key, an n by the way, all was lost besides the n. I could not find an undo (or whatever button it is called) anywhere. I am not sure if there is an undo button in these forums, like there is in word document, but if anyone knows how i could have got my work back I would appreciate knowing also.

Thanks for your thanks. I find it very refreshing reading, relatively, completely new ideas also, so I like reading your writings. Although I do find some of it confusing, although I know exactly where your are heading and where it will end, the confusion is just in the way you use your words. I only question/challenge you in order for you to reword work, so that 'i' can learn more from 'you'. I have, for about 16 years now, on and off, also been trying to find the right words in order to be heard and fully understood.

I like the word 'paradox', as in meaning a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth. I wrote, relatively, before in relation to your new ideas because I found that what I am trying to express, extremely similar to yours, may sound absurd, completely absurd sometimes, to some but in the end people will actually see how obviously true it actually is. They will then question how could we not have seen or noticed this before.

What I want to express is so simple and easy to understand that everyone of us actually knows it all already, just not consciously. Conscious is just not aware of 'It', Self, fully yet. Only if and when everyone knows and understands this paradox fully, then will the real and true Self reach Its full potential. We all can and will together then fulfill our one real purpose in life, as well as also achieve that what we all truly want, i.e., to live in peace and harmony.
Dontaskme wrote:Anyway regards the above quote by you, I would like to say the reason I picked that particular piece out is because you asked me a question over what I'd said about everything and nothing be the same one, you were confused about that. But you have said it yourself in your own words above, do you realise that you have said same in your quote above?
I was confused about what 'you' actually meant by everything and nothing being the same one, but I am not necessarily confused about everything and nothing together make up the One. I ask/challenge you to make yourself clearer in the hope that I can learn from you. In the way you can make 'your'Self clearer I can learn how to make 'my'Self clearer to. We are afte rall the same One/Self. This is similar to your writings about One talking with/to Itself. I am not not necessarily talking to 'you' the person, but to the true and real One 'I' inside 'you', which is ME, the One who can answer the question, "Who am 'I'?" Knowing that together the 'I' can and will be heard better through 'your' writings. This may seem confusing, and absurd, to some, but will be better understood, one day, soon. Anyway 'I', inside all of 'you', knows what I am talking about.

"Yes, I realize I have said the EXACT same as what 'you' wrote down, the One 'I' knows this. The only difference though is how we word it. You say everything and nothing are the same one. Whereas, I say the universe is One but It can only exist with at least two things, i.e., physical matter and space. 'Physical matter' are things, and, 'space' is no thing.

In between all things there is no thing. This rule applies from the smallest particles of matter (quantum) up to the largest objects of matter (cosmology). In between all (physical) things there has to, by definition, be space, which is just no thing. The two opposites of, physical things and no things, have to co-exist in order for the universe to exist. Matter or space may be able to exist without the other, but if that were the case then there would be absolutely no events. If there were no events, ever, then we would not have evolved to be here discussing this. The universe therefore NEEDS at least these two things in order for It to exist, AND, to become aware of Its Self.

Now, if we were to say every thing (two words) is every physical thing and no thing (two words) is space, then the universe at its most fundamental level is made up of every thing and no thing. This works in to form the TOE theory of everything or GUT grand unified theory (everything has an opposite existing in equilibrium), but that is for another discussion later. For now we have every thing and no thing making up the universe, itself, BUT, the Universe Itself is One and only. There is no heaven, no hell, no this, no that, nor no anything outside, beyond, on the other side, or anywhere else besides within the Universe. Every physical thing and no thing (all space) exist within the universe. But if the Universe is One, then what is It exactly? The answer to that question is the 'Universe', is absolutely everything (one word). 'Everything' (oneword), is both every thing and no thing co-existing together as One. So although both every thing and no thing together make up the One, they both can not be the same one.

You say, "everything and nothing be the same one", but they can not be the exact same one as explained above. If there is Everything (one word) that would mean absolutely everything, which must then include space as well as all the other (physical) things. If every thing (two words) AND no thing (two words) IS Everything (one word), then that means ALL things is taken up in Everything. So, the only "thing", for lack of better word, left now is nothing (one word). We know no thing (two words) is space so what is nothing (one word). If Everything consists of absolutely ALL physical things AND space, then that means there is nothing else. 'Nothing' (one word) is exactly how it sounds, nothing. Therefore, your 'everything and nothing', to me anyway, can not be the same one, as just explained, but I did know what you were meaning and getting at. Understanding 'Life', ALL there is, is really not that hard at all. Actually Life, Itself, is very simple and easy. What is harder is in having patience trying to find the right words to explain how to understand ALL there is. (Just by working with you here, just now I have learned new ways to change, re-word and add on to what I have just written, but I will do that another time).
Dontaskme wrote:I mean if everything is one, then how could it know that...how could one thing exist and know it exists, if there is only one it would also be nothing because there would be no one to know this one exists, that's what I mean by something and nothing being the same one. Something and Nothing are the same one. ...people here,don't seem to get that, but it needs a shift in perception, it is actually very simple logic.
Yes simple logic will explain ALL there is, but finding the meaning within words themselves is where the logic lies. For example if I say to you, "I want to argue with you", what do I actually mean? 'Argue', can mean logical reasoning, BUT, 'argue', can also mean dispute, disagreement, fight even. Two completely opposing definitions from the exact same word. So if "I want to argue with you", then I could either be wanting to work in logically reasoning discussions equally together with you, in order to find an answer or solution to a problem, or, I could want to disagree and dispute with you. Now, what if I said, "I do not want to argue with you", what do I mean now?

See even without changing one word in a sentence confusion can easily set it, let alone if we change or mistakenly leave out or put one word in, this can change the whole context of what is meant and/or the sentences whole meaning. The exact same applies when a person reads or misreads and misses or puts in just one word. The same can apply when just changing or missing out one letter in one word. This can change the whole and complete meaning of the word, and what was meant by that one word. By just adding two words together, for example every and thing the meaning can be changed, as shown above. What I am trying to say here is that full two-way questioning or challenging discussion is needed firstly in order to clarify exactly what is being meant. This applies for both written and spoken words. Imagine every thing and everything, the difference can not be picked up in spoken language. Not knowing exactly what is being meant when word/s are being used can lead to confusion very easily. Without clarification, understanding can become very confusing.

I agree a shift in, 'perception', the way people look at all things is needed, but the problem here is how do we do show how to make this shift for every person? We can not leave out any person.

By the way the meaning I give the words in single quotation marks ' ' is in the following words in italics. For example the 'problem' word three sentences back, means just a question posed for a solution.

For every question there is an answer just like for any problem there is a solution. But for any problem it needs to be put into a question first. There is no use just saying for example, the starving problem, or the drug problem, etc., etc. We need to know what the ACTUAL problem is. If you pose the question, then we can answer it. The answer to the problem I posed before about how do we show how to make the shift is very easy, especially if we work together on it. Together we just need to know how to do it.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote: So if the oneness is the only truth, everything else is false in which case everything you write is false including your claim that the oneness is the only truth. Like I said, too many inherent contradictions.

(bumper sticker)
In which case even oneness is both true and false just like the rest of us and not only truth. So we are back to square one.
ken

Post by ken »

sthitapragya wrote: What I learned, I told you.not being a physicist I cannot explain it well but I know it took me a lot of reading and re-reading the same stuff to understand because it is all very counter intuitive.

And no, I am not thinking of a multiverse scenario.
What exactly do you find counter intuitive. I do not find any of this counter intuitive.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

sthitapragya wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:
sthitapragya wrote: So if the oneness is the only truth, everything else is false in which case everything you write is false including your claim that the oneness is the only truth. Like I said, too many inherent contradictions.

(bumper sticker)
In which case even oneness is both true and false just like the rest of us and not only truth. So we are back to square one.
The truth is one with the knowing. No other one knows truth. To know you know the truth is false knowledge, because knowledge is illusory since no one knows knowledge, knowledge is conceptual, truth is non-conceptual. Truth is real. Any knowledge of the real is falsity therefore illusory. Therefore the real is illusory, can't know one without the other.

In Hinduism, and in particular Jnana Yoga and Advaita Vedanta, neti neti is a Sanskrit expression which means "not this, not this", or "neither this, nor that" (neti is sandhi from na iti "not so").
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote:
For every question there is an answer just like for any problem there is a solution. But for any problem it needs to be put into a question first. There is no use just saying for example, the starving problem, or the drug problem, etc., etc. We need to know what the ACTUAL problem is. If you pose the question, then we can answer it. The answer to the problem I posed before about how do we show how to make the shift is very easy, especially if we work together on it. Together we just need to know how to do it.
Thanks for your reply to my post Ken. I will read it through properly and respond in due course.

U.G. krishnamurti said that A Question is born out of the answers we already have. Else the question could not arise.

I agree.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dontaskme wrote:
I can come to an issue again if any one wants me to clarify a point for them, the problem I have is dealing with too much info at a time, I'm happy to respond to bite size pieces but to be overwhelmed by replies well I can't cope very well . People have replied like this to my posts before and I've just had to ignore them, it's too much for my brain to process and is very exhausting to keep repeating my ideas over and over. I'm happy to discuss particular key points but not stuff I regard as irrelevant to the conversation.
And what I do, is what I have done here, pick out the part I want to respond to, and then do just that part. If there are other parts, use a separate post.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

ken wrote:
sthitapragya wrote: What I learned, I told you.not being a physicist I cannot explain it well but I know it took me a lot of reading and re-reading the same stuff to understand because it is all very counter intuitive.

And no, I am not thinking of a multiverse scenario.
What exactly do you find counter intuitive. I do not find any of this counter intuitive.
Because you still haven't tried to find out about how expansion works, how space itself is expanding, how the universe is finite and expanding etc.you just claim it is not possible. In which case you reject the big bang theory.you talk of time before time existed. Till you figure out these things which are very counterintuitive you won't know what I am talking about.you can't reject it and say it's not possible if you want to learn.