Boo from somewhere near Christmas

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Cathartattack

Boo from somewhere near Christmas

Post by Cathartattack »

Hi one and all. I finaly got around to re-joining on this new version of the site - after a long and pleasant break away from the computer. In the old forum I was Cathartichat, and 'cos Im given to enjoy change, I'm now Cathartattack (a more proactive moniker for the new year? - the 'attack' is only on art mind you).
I have very much enjoyed my daliance with PN, and have learnt a great deal about my own perspectives, and that it can be both satisfying and exhausting to dissect arguments and points of view - especially my own because I am encouraged to delve deep and check my beliefs, or what I expect or require from another's response, and that ain't always comfortable - albeit necessary.
If and when an argument tapers out (as many do) I am left with the interesting question: was it worth it? What did I learn? Did we get anywhere other than around in circles? I think the great thing about this forum is that it offers the opportunity to make progress for oneself in the area of idea and knowledge development. But it falls flat if 'we' hammer on about something with dogmatic or agressive perpetuity and no intention to listen or hear. If others cant engage with our point of view here, then it becomes a relatively isolated and navel gazing exercise. Posting snippets of a personal manifesto (no names) and not wanting interaction seems to me to be very exclusive in a public forum.
I hope to learn more here from the many wonderful brains present, and to have thought provoking interaction and challenge from my involvement with this site.
Happy Christmas, Happy belated Hannukah, Bon voyage, et al.........
PhilosophicalPhil

Post by PhilosophicalPhil »

nice to see the Kiwi contingent back!
Cathartattack

Post by Cathartattack »

hey, happy xmas to you mr Australia! Did you hear about our earthquake?
PhilosophicalPhil

Post by PhilosophicalPhil »

happy new Boo to you CathAttack.
Was that eathquake near Gisborne & did it create any rideable surf?
Cathartattack

Post by Cathartattack »

typing this new user name of mine is like rubbing my stomach and patting my head at the same time... Anyway, I dont know about the earthquake causing rideable surf, but they've got that there most of the time anyway - along with the boguns wot ride the waves (not that all wave riders are boguns mind you). Hope you are having a nice time in your heat wave Phil.
xenophon

Post by xenophon »

Welcome and boo!

x