A Philosophy of Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: Philosophy of Mind

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Barbara Brooks wrote:All he has to do is take that profanity off Philosophy of mind and not bother me. I don't bother him, I could haunt him throughout the forum as he does me. Just get that crap off and he will not hear from me again.
In the early days of the internet, during the Blue Ribbon Campaign. one of it's wise promoters said 'that you don't truly believe in freedom of speech until you fight for the right of your worst enemies right to speak freely.'
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

And chaos begets chaos too.
SpheresOfBalance

Barbara Brooks wrote:And chaos begets chaos too.
Come on Barb, you got to be leading me on. You know better that this. You and he both, are equally free to speak your minds, how ever you want. You choose text he chooses photos. You want to write a never ending journal of colorful ideas, and he thinks you're 'beating a dead horse.' I think a photo is nicer in some respects than saying it.

The reason it's a common saying is because some evil people have actually treated beasts of burden that way, and I agree with you, that it's a crying shame. But so what if he uses an uncolorful metaphor to tell you how he feels. Are you somehow afraid that it shall scare away some would be followers? I just don't see your fear.

No human act is selfless, and therein lies the problem.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

And I am responding. I've told my child many times growing up, " if you can hit someone expect to be hit back it may not happen but expect it. . This is for all animal's sake my hit back to Bill.

How is it SpheresOfBalance you can defend this conception of freedom? It is mere rhetoric, a horse being beaten is not laughable or something to do to explain Bill's dislike of me, judging from you. Wonder if Bill was the burden of the beast in the picture .

The conqueror depriving the conquered of their being, if peace were in his heart would mean we are not other than nature.

I think I am ready to give up th forum. I only want to collect my writings and I am wondering if Amod you could help me with this I am willing to pay.

I would appreciate it.

Barbara
SpheresOfBalance

Barbara Brooks wrote:And I am responding. I've told my child many times growing up, " if you can hit someone expect to be hit back it may not happen but expect it. . This is for all animal's sake my hit back to Bill.

How is it SpheresOfBalance you can defend this conception of freedom? It is mere rhetoric, a horse being beaten is not laughable or something to do to explain Bill's dislike of me, judging from you. Wonder if Bill was the burden of the beast in the picture .
I never said it was laughable. I have secretly laughed at Bill for his usage, and at the person beating the dead beast of burden for their insanity, but I have never laughed at the beast of burden, or the act of beating it, despite the fact that it's dead. I am 100% on the side of the beast in this case, and so is Bill; I've seen some of his other threads to know how he feels about animal cruelty; he's 100% against it.

And freedom of speech, is freedom of speech, pure and simple, and nothing more!

The conqueror depriving the conquered of their being, if peace were in his heart would mean we are not other than nature.

I think I am ready to give up th forum. I only want to collect my writings and I am wondering if Amod you could help me with this I am willing to pay.
So what you're saying is that your love is contingent?
I would appreciate it.

Barbara
So do you really believe that Bill is somehow tainting your words such that it shall scare away some future would be subscriber of your ideas? And so if he won't stop you'll take all your ideas away from those future subscribers to teach Bill a lesson?

Wow, Barb, I had more respect for you than that!

Did you know that you can ignore people here? All you have to do is enter your control panel and select them as a foe and you shall no longer be bothered by their words/pictures of condescension.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Barbara Brooks wrote:And I am responding. I've told my child many times growing up, " if you can hit someone expect to be hit back it may not happen but expect it. . This is for all animal's sake my hit back to Bill.

I would appreciate it.

Barbara
I hope you don't leave the forum, Barbara. I really think Bill posted that innocently and that he would have probably never posted such a thing if he really knew what it meant. I think the pic just meant to imply that some things which may have been said before....don't need to be said again. I don't think he meant to show cruelty toward animals. But now that you brought it up , I can see that those types of picture are horrible. I would not have even see it that way before you mentioned it...so ty you for opening my eyes. Perhaps Bill didn't see it that way either?
AMod

Post by AMod »

Barbara Brooks,
Barbara Brooks wrote:I think I am ready to give up th forum. I only want to collect my writings and I am wondering if Amod you could help me with this I am willing to pay.

I would appreciate it.

Barbara
Not within my capabilities Barbara but I'll ask Admin, if not you have a lot of copy/paste ahead of you.

Although I guess the response may be that you should have listened to some of your contributors and started a blog.

AMod.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

Fuck off Amod
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

Your throne is a toilet
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

Your crown is toilet paper
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

And your mother wears your old man's army boots.
Barbara Brooks

Post by Barbara Brooks »

I don't need your help I figured it I have all my work. I don't need you.
AMod

Post by AMod »

:lol:

This an example of your, "Philosophy is harmoniously constituted, not mean, or boisterous, or unjust." and "philosophy insists that the philosopher should have a naturally well-proportioned and gracious mind"?

So much for your message from the 'greats' as your words belie them.

If you'd bothered to note I said I'd ask but I think I'll not bother now.

Next time start a webblog as that is where your stuff should be. Just an opinion I agree with.

Happy editing!

AMod.

p.s.
So you are just a drama-queen then? As if you have all your words, which is pretty obvious from your cut-paste approach, what need to declare your intention to leave nor your request for help nor your mercantile offer.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

good luck barb, i will miss your thread and you. i am glad you did not start a weblog. i am glad you were here instead. again, i will miss you. and hope you are always well.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

and why not stay? they are not the lords of philosophy. and never will be. let the liberty bell crack, gypsies will never die.