Interactions and Interpretations by Apostolakos Constantinos

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Interactions and Interpretations by Apostolakos Constant

Post by Arising_uk »

Try reading my link to satyrs from your wiki 'god', fourth paragraph down is interesting.

Since you can't be arsed to consult your 'god' about 'Pan'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_%28god%29
I do appreciate your interest and as always, I really appreciate you responding to my threads.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The parentage of Pan is unclear...
?

No dude.

If that is what you are hanging your hat on - have at it.

All I can try to relay to you is the name of the artist and the name of his painting that I used to illustrate a point.

Are you who you want to be?

Really. You seem to be concerned about minutia, clouding the waters, and never really able to grasp the philosophical issue of a thread anymore.

I just felt sad for you when you had to create a separate thread earlier so that you and a single friend could talk separately from the group.

It appears that you are no longer able to handle other opinions.

You seemed so much stronger years ago.

I am sorry if something has happened in your personal life.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

You are not able to argue a point anymore.

Hey, I just thought of something...

Did something happen to you within the discourse with Satyr?

Over at the What is stopping us from seeing the truth? thread?

Like boxers, can philosophers fare the same when faced with a defeat?

Not saying you were defeated but I notice that you are no longer able or comfortable posting over there.

A while back I brought it to your attention that you were demeaning yourself when you were trying to demean Satyr.

I know that effected you deeply.

Is that a quagmire for you?

In your heart have you been somehow defeated?

A boxer's heart.

It never comes back.

Once it's broken...

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.............................Image

.....................................Image

Never thought about it much but perhaps all the hits you have taken over the years have gotten to you.

Instead of the current defining jousts making you stronger, every hit upon you now makes you weaker.

If that is the case, you can't change things.

All of us have to just stand here and recognize your situation and respect you for who you are...and where you are at.

Peace my friend.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:The parentage of Pan is unclear...?
Is that what you got? No, its very clear, as is how its been usurped by the roman fauns.
No dude. If that is what you are hanging your hat on - have at it. All I can try to relay to you is the name of the artist and the name of his painting that I used to illustrate a point.
What point was it you were trying to illustrate with the picture?
Are you who you want to be?
Pretty much.
Really. You seem to be concerned about minutia, clouding the waters, and never really able to grasp the philosophical issue of a thread anymore.
Pray tell me the philosophical issue of this thread?
I just felt sad for you when you had to create a separate thread earlier so that you and a single friend could talk separately from the group.
Save your pity for yourself.

Which thread are you talking about? The MQ one? Hardly friends! But I created that as I thought we were scrawling all over BB's thread. You mean the one where the mods moved my conversation with the goaturder? Good judgement call I think.
It appears that you are no longer able to handle other opinions.
Its always depended upon what they were and how they were presented. I admit to becoming less patient as the years go by with those who've not bothered to read any philosophy pontificating and making judgements about it. I've also become pretty bored with those who think communicating in pictures is better than words upon a philosophy forum.
You seemed so much stronger years ago. I am sorry if something has happened in your personal life.
Pop psychology now! :roll:

Like I say, save your pity and faux-christian piety, it ill suits some of the weasel words you've used with me.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:You are not able to argue a point anymore. Hey, I just thought of something... Did something happen to you within the discourse with Satyr? Over at the What is stopping us from seeing the truth? thread? Like boxers, can philosophers fare the same when faced with a defeat? Not saying you were defeated but I notice that you are no longer able or comfortable posting over there. ...
You'd like that wouldn't you. The thought that the goaturder had somehow broken me. Some hope! :lol: Its much simpler than that, others with better and much the same arguments took up the discussion so I thought I'd bow out, as I was getting bored with his abuse, only popping-in when he gossiped about me(psst! I think he does this because he secretly misses me).

How have you addressed the fact that he, like I, think your post and idea false?
A while back I brought it to your attention that you were demeaning yourself when you were trying to demean Satyr. I know that effected you deeply. Is that a quagmire for you? In your heart have you been somehow defeated? A boxer's heart. It never comes back. Once it's broken...
This the True you coming out now Bill?

I wasn't trying to demean the goaturder, he does a good enough job of that by himself, not that he cares, maybe he even does it deliberately for some greater good but I seriously doubt it, I give like for like in his case.

You think, given your thoughts and manner, that your opinion would matter to me? You know shit about me and your little attempts to slip into my subconscious are farcical. You need better lessons from your shepherd.

Talking about hearts, from the look of you I'd start thinking about yours. And you could lose the 'tache, it'd take years off you.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:Never thought about it much but perhaps all the hits you have taken over the years have gotten to you. Instead of the current defining jousts making you stronger, every hit upon you now makes you weaker. If that is the case, you can't change things. All of us have to just stand here and recognize your situation and respect you for who you are...and where you are at. ...
:lol: Pathetic! Is that the best you can do? Better go back to your shepherd.

Guess which boxer I think I am and which is you in your little piccys .

Mind that heart now, your picture points to problems.
Peace my friend.
KMA!

p.s.
I note you've edited your post and removed the picture of the two boxers and one hitting the deck. Whats-up! One of your fragments surprised you again?
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

I love these little cuts over my eyebrow.
I like feeling the blood trickle down over my eye, mingling with the sweat, making me feel alive.

Most of all I like the other smirking from his corner, thinking I am suffering from the pain, when in his eyes I can see the desire.
The entire thing is exhilarating.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Yeah well...if you've ever watched a boxing match you'll know that this generally precedes the towel or a knockout, as lots of luck fighting with a blind side.

Now why do I think the smirk would suit you?

Is this the same desire as that other member of your herd? You have the same exhilarations?

Still, I'll leave you two to your love-nest. Adieu!
Izzywizzy

Post by Izzywizzy »

bill the sentimentalist wrote
A boxer's heart.

It never comes back.

Once it's broken...
pure fluff..and sentiment gone wrong here..UM who would be a boxer unless they are masochistic? who would let their face be ripped off never mind their heart? A boxer chooses to be ripped apart or win..boxing has nothing to do with his heart..it has to do with his physical prowess that is why low lifes like you love it
DerekMessina

Post by DerekMessina »

Nice! the paintings are splendid although its kinda funny to look at (no offense), but it's a great beauty of piece of art. Great Job!