A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

socratus

Re: A Possible Explanation to the Phenomenon of "Telepathy"

Post by socratus »

1.- How it all started - in Russia
===.
Scientists in pre-Revolutionary [Russia] were studying the area of parapsychology
as did later such Soviet scientists as V.M. Bekhterev, A.G. Ivanov-Smolensky
and B.B. Kazhinsky in the twenties and thirties.
. . . .
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/visio ... ota_9a.htm
====.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

socratus wrote:1.- How it all started - in Russia
===.
Scientists in pre-Revolutionary [Russia] were studying the area of parapsychology
as did later such Soviet scientists as V.M. Bekhterev, A.G. Ivanov-Smolensky
and B.B. Kazhinsky in the twenties and thirties.
. . . .
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/visio ... ota_9a.htm
====.
And they achieved nothing but ridicule - because there is no phenomenon to study.
Aetixintro

Post by Aetixintro »

Under "Quantum Physics, Psychology and Foreseeing", I've written further on Entanglement/Telepathy and thus it relates here, by http://blog.t-lea.net/#post194:
There's some discussion on the ability of "foreseeing"/"telling accurately what the future holds" and in this relation I can't find a plausible reason why this phenomenon should start/exist on a quantum/atom level prior to actual and perceived ability of "foreseeing"/"telling accurately what the future holds" and not enter the actual and perceived ability of "foreseeing"/"telling accurately what the future holds" with the same level of accuracy as on the quantum/atom level!

This relates to the research of prof. Daryl Bem's, Cornell University, work of actual and real capacity of foreseeing the future and the excellent work by Dick Bierman, PhD, quantum physicist and psychologist by the University of Amsterdam in Holland.
-----------------------------

Cheers! :D
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Aetixintro wrote:Under "Quantum Physics, Psychology and Foreseeing", I've written further on Entanglement/Telepathy and thus it relates here, by http://blog.t-lea.net/#post194:
There's some discussion on the ability of "foreseeing"/"telling accurately what the future holds" and in this relation I can't find a plausible reason why this phenomenon should start/exist on a quantum/atom level prior to actual and perceived ability of "foreseeing"/"telling accurately what the future holds" and not enter the actual and perceived ability of "foreseeing"/"telling accurately what the future holds" with the same level of accuracy as on the quantum/atom level!

This relates to the research of prof. Daryl Bem's, Cornell University, work of actual and real capacity of foreseeing the future and the excellent work by Dick Bierman, PhD, quantum physicist and psychologist by the University of Amsterdam in Holland.
-----------------------------

Cheers! :D
If you can't string an idea together without a /// every five words, what do you think it looks like?

What do you think you mean by the "atom/quantum level"?
What the hell do you suppose you are trying to say what you wirte "foreseeing"/"telling...". Do you think adding unnecessary punctuation makes it look more clever, or credible?
Well let me tell you - it simply does not.
It's just gibberish.
There is no fore-telling.
Aetixintro

Post by Aetixintro »

chaz wyman wrote:It's just gibberish.
I take it that you go directly against the both of these two doctors (PhDs)! You about that!

Well, what I hoped to achieve by the synonyms or two concepts divided by the slash mark ("/") was to keep people in line with the written information (also without using "or"). Thus they can choose one of the 2 concepts without getting thrown off and also connecting a few concepts that may hold equal value at least in this context.

No offence intended! Cheers! :D
John

Post by John »

Aetixintro wrote: I take it that you go directly against the both of these two doctors (PhDs)! You about that!
What does "You about that!" actually mean? I know you're not a native English speaker but your writing style is often difficult to understand.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Aetixintro wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:It's just gibberish.
I take it that you go directly against the both of these two doctors (PhDs)! You about that!

No, I am for reason and evidence.

No one can predict the future, nor can they read minds - so it does not really matter tinker's cuss what they are saying does it?

What ever you may think these guys are saying, they are probably saying something else. Besides I don't doFallacy ad authoritatum, do you?

Well, what I hoped to achieve by the synonyms or two concepts divided by the slash mark ("/") was to keep people in line with the written information (also without using "or"). Thus they can choose one of the 2 concepts without getting thrown off and also connecting a few concepts that may hold equal value at least in this context.

No offence intended! Cheers! :D
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Dick Bierman, Ph.D.
Dick Bierman (University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University) suggests that in order to accomodate psi phenomena we might have to propose new types of realities, intermediate between the subjective but hardly deniable reality of consciousness and objective physical reality. After a PhD in experimental physics he became involved in research in Artificial Intelligence more specifically 'Intelligent' tutoring systems. This resulted in a focus on individual learning and later learning during altered states of consciousness, most notably, learning during sleep. Also the importance of affective rather than cognitive processes in individual teaching lead him to interest in non-conscious emotions and their role in (intuitive) decision making. In that context his work on pre-sentiment, the apparent anomalous activation of bodily arousal preceding emotional events, found a natural context. He is currently engaged in experiments that might clarify the relation between quantum physics and consciousness.

Not much on predicting the future.

As for Bem

Bem's study has since been replicated by scientists Stuart Richie, Chris French, and Richard Wiseman who found no evidence of precognition. Wiseman has also set up a register to keep track of other replicating efforts.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ad-science
Last edited by chaz wyman on Sun May 22, 2011 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aetixintro

Post by Aetixintro »

John wrote:
Aetixintro wrote:You about that!
What does "You about that!" actually mean? I know you're not a native English speaker but your writing style is often difficult to understand.
You're a sensible man, John. I just mean that those views are definitely his and they enter his record of writing. Nothing more than that. Thank you. :)
John

Post by John »

Aetixintro wrote:
John wrote:
Aetixintro wrote:You about that!
You're a sensible man, John. I just mean that those views are definitely his and they enter his record of writing. Nothing more than that. Thank you. :)
OK, thanks for the clarification.
socratus

Post by socratus »

Koestler Parapsychology Unit.
!
Koestler Parapsychology Unit (University of Edinburgh)
!!!
Department of Psychology
University of Edinburgh
7 George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9JZ
Scotland
+44 (0) 131 650 3348
http://www.koestler-parapsychology.psy.ed.ac.uk/

etc . . . . etc . . .
======================.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Well when you are so bored that you kill yourself, and take your wife with you.
What else do you do with your money????
So Arthur Koestler make a bequest to set up a group into research.
They have been around for 26 years and have found NOTHING.

Maybe the Psychology Unit could give the cash to charity?
I image its a bit of an embarrassment but I'm sure they have not shortage of kooks to use the cash to give themselves a career.

But thanks for the link.

socratus wrote:Koestler Parapsychology Unit.
!
Koestler Parapsychology Unit (University of Edinburgh)
!!!
Department of Psychology
University of Edinburgh
7 George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9JZ
Scotland
+44 (0) 131 650 3348
http://www.koestler-parapsychology.psy.ed.ac.uk/

etc . . . . etc . . .
======================.
John

Post by John »

chaz wyman wrote:Well when you are so bored that you kill yourself, and take your wife with you.
What else do you do with your money????
So Arthur Koestler make a bequest to set up a group into research.
They have been around for 26 years and have found NOTHING.
Considering one of their stated aims is the investigation of "pseudo-psychic deception and self- deception" maybe they don't expect to find much but have to go through the motions to retain the funding.
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

John wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
Cerveny wrote:
Sorry John, it was not addressed to you. Telepathy begins just in some signals caught off a common sense perception...
It is an open Forum. I don't think that you are making your case very clear.
Indeed.
There are phenomena that can not be "proven". They can be experienced, felt only. But there exist much very independent witnesses (spread in the place, spread in the ages) that describe connection of the conscious to the certain common nature system. It raises very interested questions: Has this system a boss (God)? Has this system some aim? What level of life has been such system created in? What such system need from us?…
John

Post by John »

Cerveny wrote: There are phenomena that can not be "proven". They can be experienced, felt only. But there exist much very independent witnesses (spread in the place, spread in the ages) that describe connection of the conscious to the certain common nature system. It raises very interested questions: Has this system a boss (God)? Has this system some aim? What level of life has been such system created in? What such system need from us?…
If you claim to be capable of reading or transmitting thoughts that's testable.