What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

Post by chaz wyman »

John wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
John wrote: Isn't he saying that all liberal democracies are capitalist though rather than all capitalist societies are liberal democracies? I think it might be the first correct thing he's said to be honest.

Did you not read the same passage that I did."neither capitalism nor democracy can exist without the other". Capitalism is alive and kicking in Saudi Arabia, in fact it thrives better than it does in democracies that tend to regulate and tax it.
Nah, you're right. I'd initially picked up on his statement "liberal democracy incorporates capitalism" and responded to that before I reread and picked up the part you quoted. Comes with reading too fast after too much beer late at night :lol:
Thanks John.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

spike, you know that China is Communist, right?

China calls itself Communist. But that begs the question; what is meant my communist, and what was it originally designed to look like?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:
spike, you know that China is Communist, right?
Is that the truth, Bill?

What is your point? If it's about economics, China is certainly not following in the steps of Marxism or is conducting economic policy strictly on a communist basis. Its looser economic policy is creating a pool of independent capitalist and entrepreneurs.

Over the years China has liberalized its economics in order to profit from globalization. And as the years go by China will politically become less communist as its growing affluent population demand more say in how the country is run.
China is closer to a pre-Marxist conception of Capitalism, and shares many characteristics of Victorian capitalism. This is exactly what got Marx angry about the exploitation of the People. But neither the communism of China now, nor the communism as practised in the 20thC is anything like Marx's vision of a society in which the people own the means of production.
In fact this has never been tried.
spike

Post by spike »

"Those who believe that truth is a matter of correspondence with reality have nothing to do except debate (forever, as it has turned out) with those who believe the opposite." - Stanley Fish
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:"Those who believe that truth is a matter of correspondence with reality have nothing to do except debate (forever, as it has turned out) with those who believe the opposite." - Stanley Fish
" I oft times tell Ootah about Englishmens. How they give names to dogs and take off hats to womans, and march into battle, left - right, left -right with rifles on their shoulders." - Billy Fish The Man Who Would be King
spike

Post by spike »

"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." - Benjamin Franklin

That is not really true but you get the idea.

Imagine somebody not understand or seeing the truth of that concept. They must be impervious.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." - Benjamin Franklin

That is not really true but you get the idea.

Imagine somebody not understand or seeing the truth of that concept. They must be impervious.
The point about truth as opposed to facts is that a thing that has truth can be completely fictional.
For example, Harry Potter says a lot about the value of friendship, stuggle in adversity, and so on but is completely bogus, it has more truth in it than the Bible.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

What's stopping us from seeing the truth?
Mental distortion, when one is diluted, psycotic, skitzo, severly malnurised, group think, simplemindedness, naivity, ignorence ..etc.
When one is not in balance with self, like insomnia, stress, depression ..etc.
creativesoul

Post by creativesoul »

To the question in the OP...

"THE" is what's stopping us.

:wink:
Kayla

Re: What's stopping us from seeing the truth...

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:So they are now sending their young people to Western Universities to do MBAs, to suck out all the knowledge it can; the eastern tiger is gnawing away on the extremities!!
yes its horrible that there are so many chinese people in our universities

but it was bound to happen

first they let women in

then the let the negroes in

its called the slippery slope

maybe white men rather than bitching should try to study rather then spending all their time getting shitfaced and trying to get laid
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Kayla wrote:maybe white men rather than bitching should try to study rather then spending all their time getting shitfaced and trying to get laid
Such exquisit and delicate wording!

..ahem..
spike

Post by spike »

Sexual Harassment and the Truth

With the arrest of Dominique Strauss-Kahn of the IMF on sexual harassment charges in New York City a truth is coming out about how prevalent such behavior is among high-ranking males. It is a truth that has been overlooked, covered-up and denied for years.

What has stopped people from seeing this truth and acting on it? Perhaps it is still the culture of male dominance and hierarchy. But that culture is slowly but surely sifting.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Kayla wrote:

first they let women in

maybe white men rather than bitching should try to study rather then spending all their time getting shitfaced and trying to get laid
:lol: *No really!* :lol: You tell 'em girl!
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sun May 22, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Your irony is misplaced.
I am telling the truth I am not judging.
Please don't judge me falsely.

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:So they are now sending their young people to Western Universities to do MBAs, to suck out all the knowledge it can; the eastern tiger is gnawing away on the extremities!!

first they let women in

Kayla

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:Your irony is misplaced.
I am telling the truth I am not judging.
Please don't judge me falsely.
what was your point in saying that there are lots of chinese people in our universities

at my school all the top students are asian or jewish or girls of all backgrounds

white guys and to be fair black and hispanic guys too are as i pointed out too busy

this week i actually heard this loser go on how its not fair that white guys cant get into universities cause the chinese are studying all the time and get top marks well duh