What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.............................................Image

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaz wyman

Re: What's stopping us from seeing the truth...

Post by chaz wyman »

Hi Bill how's it going in the US?

I think the big problem is that people thing that there is ONE TRUTH, and as soon as their personal truth is clear to them, they set about demanding that it has to fit everyone else.
The only truth is that there just ain't one truth, except the truth that there ain't no truth that fits all.

What happened to all the News about public workers on the streets protesting that we got a couple of months ago?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Hi Chaz!

For me, things are going unbelievably well, as far as the US?...I would say, not so good. However, when looking at it philosophically, everything created has a beginning, a middle, and an end. I think America had a enjoyed a rocket-shot to the top of economic and emotional highs. I think the world is now witnessing America's, just as rapid, demise. Interesting times.

When it comes to your take on this thread, I am continuing to be one of your fans.

As you alluded to, truth is not found in a word or an attitude or a particular viewpoint.

TRUTH just is.

We can adapt ourselves to become a part of our immediate reality and thus, perhaps after continued practice, develop a taste or sensation of what TRUTH may be like...to a degree.

There ain't no truth except the truth that is all and although our intellect may lead us to the ability to perceive our TRUTH our thoughts drown in the moment of TRUTH.

Or something like that.

The News about public workers on the streets protesting that we got a couple of months ago is still going on-I'm just not that much a part of it anymore. As I sit here typing I am wearing all union-made in America items and my closet is not just about all exclusively union-made in America clothing. I'm backing off of the shoving down peoples throat part now. To me it's a simple fact-if you want good jobs, create & support good jobs. Everyone is walking around my country in a state of shock saying, Where are all the good jobs?

I tell them look at the tag on the inside of your shirt or blouse. That tag is always facing forward. The country that you see on that tag sewn onto your shirt-that is the direction you are going.

I have been experiencing a self-induced period of intense work upon myself in an effort to understand more. Just kind of reminding myself that I am on a spiritual and philosophical journey. I try to keep in mind that I will be dying one day, relatively soon, at a time I can never be sure of. I continue to seek the TRUTH.

I stayed away from the boards for a while to try and break the rigidity of my thought patterns. Trying to re-examine myself & my life.

I don't want to be too confident and that attitude in me was developing the more I posted.

I thank you for asking.

How are you doing?

What is your take upon your life and the state of the world?

duszek

Re: What's stopping us from seeing the truth?

Post by duszek »

Yes, Bill, and not only shirts because how many shirts can you wear and dispose of in a year, honestly ?
Mine last very long indeed.
But also foods and basic necessities.
I buy local apples and turnips, almonds and oranges from Spain, millet from Austria and cranberries from the US, to help the American farmers (or cranberry gatherers ?) who are doing the right thing.
duszek

Post by duszek »

What´s stopping us ?
Fear.

Fear of what ?
Of realizing that one is not a wonderful hero, but pretty much ... a sort of loser, like everyone else. :mrgreen:
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

Hi Chaz!

For me, things are going unbelievably well, as far as the US?...I would say, not so good. However, when looking at it philosophically, everything created has a beginning, a middle, and an end. I think America had a enjoyed a rocket-shot to the top of economic and emotional highs. I think the world is now witnessing America's, just as rapid, demise. Interesting times.

When it comes to your take on this thread, I am continuing to be one of your fans.

As you alluded to, truth is not found in a word or an attitude or a particular viewpoint.

TRUTH just is.

We can adapt ourselves to become a part of our immediate reality and thus, perhaps after continued practice, develop a taste or sensation of what TRUTH may be like...to a degree.

There ain't no truth except the truth that is all and although our intellect may lead us to the ability to perceive our TRUTH our thoughts drown in the moment of TRUTH.

Or something like that.

The News about public workers on the streets protesting that we got a couple of months ago is still going on-I'm just not that much a part of it anymore. As I sit here typing I am wearing all union-made in America items and my closet is not just about all exclusively union-made in America clothing. I'm backing off of the shoving down peoples throat part now. To me it's a simple fact-if you want good jobs, create & support good jobs. Everyone is walking around my country in a state of shock saying, Where are all the good jobs?

I tell them look at the tag on the inside of your shirt or blouse. That tag is always facing forward. The country that you see on that tag sewn onto your shirt-that is the direction you are going.

I have been experiencing a self-induced period of intense work upon myself in an effort to understand more. Just kind of reminding myself that I am on a spiritual and philosophical journey. I try to keep in mind that I will be dying one day, relatively soon, at a time I can never be sure of. I continue to seek the TRUTH.

I stayed away from the boards for a while to try and break the rigidity of my thought patterns. Trying to re-examine myself & my life.

I don't want to be too confident and that attitude in me was developing the more I posted.

I thank you for asking.

How are you doing?

What is your take upon your life and the state of the world?

I think the decline of the West is rather inevitable. I was always puzzled by Nixon, Kissinger and others in a long list up to today who, in visits to China, encouraged them to adopt western ways.
The Maxim: be careful that you might actually get what you wished for seems to have bitten the US and other Western countries in the arse!
So , why did it happen?
Did this legion of rich and powerful people not know what would be the consequence; unemployment at home - maybe they did not care?
Maybe this legion thought about their own personal profits as they sought to built their own factories and markets utilising cheap labour to make good for rich Western markets. Trouble is they had hold of the Tail of the Eastern Tiger. And when you have hold of the tail of a tiger you have to, at some point, let go and hope it will be nice to you.
The only possible saving grace is that the Tiger has enjoyed all the food it has got and is in no mood, YET, to bite the hand that has fed it - thinking there is more to get.
So they are now sending their young people to Western Universities to do MBAs, to suck out all the knowledge it can; the eastern tiger is gnawing away on the extremities!!

Well that's one picture anyway.

On a personal note we are enjoying a very early Summer.
My favourite website of the moment

http://slowdownnow.org/
Typist

Post by Typist »

TRUTH just is.
Aha! Now you're talking! Well done sir, bowing to you.

Truth is not found in a word. I love it.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

And I respectfully bow back to you Typist, for we must share a common understanding in our perception of what TRUTH may be.

And I will assume that Chaz and duszek also share our common understanding of what TRUTH must be.

I'm kind of focusing my attention on understanding who I am and what I am not.

I feel better now when I try to fade into the moment, where I try to silence my mind from all unnecessary thoughts and I try to remove myself from the moment of my continued reality.

I just want to experience the purity of the moments given to me...without me separating my self from the observed reality.

Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Chaz,

I think the far more likely outcome in that scenario is the West defaults and China nose dives. I sure wish my country bothered to allow us to protect ourselves.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Wootah wrote:Chaz,

I think the far more likely outcome in that scenario is the West defaults and China nose dives. I sure wish my country bothered to allow us to protect ourselves.
Who is "The West"? what is 'my country'?

The current situation has been engineered by those that are getting rich. Until they give up their power they will continue on this pathway.
100 years ago a person was defined by 'my country'. These days he is defined by "my".
The power of the West is held in the hands of a tiny minority of people who don't give a rat's arse about "my country" except their tiny little bit of it, and all the dogs of the right are lapping up that myth. All those powerless are defined as lazy, stupid or failing in some way to grasp the same opportunities as those that have made it to the top.
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Who is "The West"?
Europe, America, Australia

What is 'my country'?
Australia
The current situation has been engineered by those that are getting rich. Until they give up their power they will continue on this pathway. 100 years ago a person was defined by 'my country'. These days he is defined by "my".
The power of the West is held in the hands of a tiny minority of people who don't give a rat's arse about "my country" except their tiny little bit of it, and all the dogs of the right are lapping up that myth. All those powerless are defined as lazy, stupid or failing in some way to grasp the same opportunities as those that have made it to the top.
Which is kind of why I don't think China will be the global superpower people are predicting and certainly not while it knows it has to maintain such strict internal control.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Wootah wrote:Who is "The West"?
Europe, America, Australia

What is 'my country'?
Australia

Tee hee. Have you never heard of a rhetorical question?

Who are what do you think you want to 'protect" Australia against? How will you do it? And what do you think it will achieve?

Oh- and what do you think China has, or has not, that Australia has/ has not?

The current situation has been engineered by those that are getting rich. Until they give up their power they will continue on this pathway. 100 years ago a person was defined by 'my country'. These days he is defined by "my".
Which is kind of why I don't think China will be the global superpower people are predicting and certainly not while it knows it has to maintain such strict internal control.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Chaz, what you say of countries reminded me of this: http://youtu.be/zI5hrcwU7Dk
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

..........................................Great clip!

chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Pluto wrote:Chaz, what you say of countries reminded me of this: http://youtu.be/zI5hrcwU7Dk
Wow - that is an amazing film for 1976. I'll be sure to get the DVD to take a closer look.
Thanks for sharing that.