LGBTQM

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: LGBTQM

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Here's a pretty good philosophy youtuber (philosophytube) covering Judith Butler's work on performative gender.
I Read The Most Misunderstood Philosopher in the World

It's quote long (75 minutes) and the subject matter is fairly heavy, but one of the major thrusts is that it contains ideas that certain people cannot ever actually take the time or make the effort to understand. So quite a lot of it (too much in my opinion) is about dissecting the reasons why some people are so terribly afraid of transexuals.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am Here's a pretty good philosophy youtuber (philosophytube) covering Judith Butler's work on performative gender.
I Read The Most Misunderstood Philosopher in the World

It's quote long (75 minutes) and the subject matter is fairly heavy, but one of the major thrusts is that it contains ideas that certain people cannot ever actually take the time or make the effort to understand. So quite a lot of it (too much in my opinion) is about dissecting the reasons why some people are so terribly afraid of transexuals.
What is there to be afraid of? Perhaps you can explain what a "transexual" is? If your explanation has some validity then I might attempt to watch at least some of the video - 75 mins to explain something contrary to what I have stated below?

Gender: Grammar Any of the classifications given to nouns or pronouns according to the SEX of the person or thing described as masculine (he), feminine (she), neuter (it) or common (child).

So SEX is still the deciding factor. I think it then comes back to my original question: People are either born with female stuff or male stuff (SEX). Are you saying people are born with neither, or both? If so, are they the "neuter" - hence 'it' is the appropriate pronoun?
FlashDangerpants

We don't use a gendered language so I don't know what your grammatical canard is aimed at. The German word for chair is masculine (not male) gender but in Italian chair is feminine. So a chair becomes male if you refer to it as Der Stuhl or female if you call it La Sedia.

The video is too difficult for you no matter what you do.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:36 am We don't use a gendered language so I don't know what your grammatical canard is aimed at. The German word for chair is masculine (not male) gender but in Italian chair is feminine. So a chair becomes male if you refer to it as Der Stuhl or female if you call it La Sedia.

There it is...by difficult I assume you mean I haven't the intellectual fortitude to comprehend what it is attempting to convey. I am 5 mins, and its bloody boring thus far - I doubt I'll watch much more.

Re "gendered language' - no English isn't daft like French\Italian\German assigning genders to inanimate objects. So what is your point in raising that? That because a chair is ACTUALLY non-binary in English - pronoun "IT" that should also apply to humans that indeed DO have genders pertaining to SEX?

:roll:
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

It's fucking ridiculous and doesn't stand up to any level of scientific scrutiny whatsoever.
FlashDangerpants

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:48 am There it is...by difficult I assume you mean I haven't the intellectual fortitude to comprehend what it is attempting to convey. I am 5 mins, and its bloody boring thus far - I doubt I'll watch much more.
Too difficult for you is a very accurate description, there is no need to sugar coat it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:57 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:48 am There it is...by difficult I assume you mean I haven't the intellectual fortitude to comprehend what it is attempting to convey. I am 5 mins, and its bloody boring thus far - I doubt I'll watch much more.
Too difficult for you is a very accurate description, there is no need to sugar coat it.
Wow. Ad hominem time already, clearly you have no confidence in the crap you espouse!!

You know you haven't got a reasonable argument against what I am stating. Again, explain to me what a "transexual" is? ..then perhaps we can move on without silly insults.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am Here's a pretty good philosophy youtuber (philosophytube) covering Judith Butler's work on performative gender.
Read The Most Misunderstood Philosopher in the World
I'm pretty sure that title goes to Wittgenstein and not Butler.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:54 am It's quote long (75 minutes) and the subject matter is fairly heavy, but one of the major thrusts is that it contains ideas that certain people cannot ever actually take the time or make the effort to understand. So quite a lot of it (too much in my opinion) is about dissecting the reasons why some people are so terribly afraid of transexuals.

So we're "afraid" of trans and we're "stupid"? Who's mislabeling who here?

Isn't this type of oversensitive reaction to questioning the assertions of trans fitting into what I mentioned before regarding the symptoms of a delusional disorder?
Despite his/her profound conviction, there is often a quality of secretiveness or suspicion when the patient is questioned about it.

The individual tends to be humorless and oversensitive, especially about the belief.

An attempt to contradict the belief is likely to arouse an inappropriately strong emotional reaction, often with irritability and hostility. They will not accept any other opinions.
Seems that Wikipedia has diagnosed Flash as having delusional disorder.

Besides, fear is not the feeling I feel when it comes to this issue. It's more like pity.

I wonder... Why don't trans-peeps ever mention the founding father of the trans movement - John Money?

Dr. John Money was a sexologist and is recognized for developing the theory. Dr. Money tried to show that gender was a social construction in his (in)famous John/Joan experiment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/program ... mary.shtml

https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/david-reim ... njoan-case

As you can see, the experiment ended tragically for David Reimer and his brother, not to mention Dr. Money's theory. David exhibited male traits despite Money's forced transition on him, both physically with hormone treatment and psychologically as raising him as a girl. And this doesn't say anything about the questionable things that Dr. Money had the brothers do to each other as part of his experiment, which is nothing short of sexual abuse.

So how did Money's definition come to be used today? Money introduced the terminology in 1955 and it wasn't until the feminist movement embraced it in the 1970s that it started to become more widespread. So, the motivation to propagate this theory was political, but not scientifically sound, as Money's tragic experiment showed.
FlashDangerpants

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:03 pm
Wow. Ad hominem time already, clearly you have no confidence in the crap you espouse!!

You know you haven't got a reasonable argument against what I am stating. Again, explain to me what a "transexual" is? ..then perhaps we can move on without silly insults.
That's not what ad hominem means. I'm sorry if you don't like this information, but that video is about complex philosophy and you aren't about any such thing.
FlashDangerpants

Trajk Logik wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:47 pm Seems that Wikipedia has diagnosed Flash as having delusional disorder.
I don't know why you are so intent on having some personal beef with me, but it is still boring and I still CBA.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:05 pm

That's not what ad hominem means.
You made a personal attack of me rather than addressing my argument = Ad Hominem U idiot.
FlashDangerpants wrote:I'm sorry if you don't like this information, but that video is about complex philosophy and you aren't about any such thing.
Why do wankers always feel the need to apologise prior to insulting someone?

"Complex philosophy" eh? There is nothing complex about philosophy - only when people like yourself that think highly of themselves as "intellectuals" complicate what is usually patently obvious. That video goes for about 1hr15mins - clearly made by an idiot whereas someone with any amount of intelligence could probably get the point across in 15 mins.

Forget the video. Explain what a transexual is.
FlashDangerpants

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:16 pm

You made a personal attack of me rather than addressing my argument = Ad Hominem U idiot.
FlashDangerpants wrote:I'm sorry if you don't like this information, but that video is about complex philosophy and you aren't about any such thing.

"Complex philosophy" eh? There is nothing complex about philosophy - only when people like yourself that think highly of themselves as "intellectuals" complicate what is usually patently obvious. That video goes for about 1hr15mins - clearly made by an idiot whereas someone with any amount of intelligence could probably get the point across in 15 mins.

By the definition of ad hominem that you have stolen from Immanuel Can, calling me a wanker to avoid watching the video that is too difficult for you to understand is ad hominem.

Please go to your doctor and get back on your meds. This current version of you is a total dick.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:21 pm

By the definition of ad hominem that you have stolen from Immanuel Can, calling me a wanker to avoid watching the video that is too difficult for you to understand is ad hominem.

Please go to your doctor and get back on your meds. This current version of you is a total dick.
Meds? You think because I used a shrink to get the goverment off my back while I did artwork (as insisted by God\sage) that I would take their drugs?

I don't care that you misunderstand the meaning of ad hominem to think that it only involves slagging someone off - such as me calling you a wanker. I don't care that you have called me a total dick.

What I do care about, is addressing the topic at hand, that being:- WHAT IS A TRANSEXUAL ACCORDING TO YOU?
FlashDangerpants

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:33 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Meds? You think because I used a shrink to get the goverment off my back while I did artwork (as insisted by God\sage) that I would take their drugs?
I assumed at some point you would probably have been medicated. On your good days you are a harmless unmedicated schizophrenic who believes he hears the voice of God, and that God communicates universal wisdom to him in the form of childish rhyming games. But when you have your bad days, you get dark and obsessive and you become less harmless. If you don't use medication to deal with that cycle then now is about the right time for you to do whatever it is that you do to break it. That's just me being nice to you, I have nothing at all riding on whether I can defeat you in open argument.
attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:33 pm I don't care that you misunderstand the meaning of ad hominem to think that it only involves slagging someone off - such as me calling you a wanker. I don't care that you have called me a total dick.
I didn't ad hominem you. I put a link to a new philosophy video in a relevant looking chat and pt a short description of it there. You tried to set some condition that you would only engage with the video if I jump through hoops involving some homespun pisspoor argument you got from a dictionary. I dismissed that argument, and seperately pointed out that you aren't going to watch the video either way because it is too difficult for you. These are just the facts.
attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:33 pm What I do care about, is addressing the topic at hand, that being:- WHAT IS A TRANSEXUAL ACCORDING TO YOU?
watch the video or don't. But I don't have any interest in your silly conditions to do so. They are absurdly simplistic compared to whathte video contains.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:07 pm
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:47 pm Seems that Wikipedia has diagnosed Flash as having delusional disorder.
I don't know why you are so intent on having some personal beef with me, but it is still boring and I still CBA.
"So intent on having some personal beef" with you? Dude, when was the last time I interacted with you and in how many threads? It was MONTHS ago in ONE thread. I have since had many other interactions with other people, of which I have also called out their intellectual dishonesty. So it's not a personal beef with you. It's a universal beef with everyone who can't carry on a reasonable conversation and attempt to answer valid questions, and you are just ONE of those people.

All you are doing is continuing to prove that you actually do have an delusional disorder. The difference is where trans people have somatic delusions, you are of the persecutory type. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/d ... l-disorder

This is not something I am making fun of, or making it a personal beef to inform you of this. It is made from a place of genuine concern and pity. Get some help.
Last edited by Trajk Logik on Mon May 27, 2024 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.