TRUMP AHEAD?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:37 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:18 pm This is for real? I suppose it mainly has pictures because his supporter base are semi-literate very pictureate!
This is a big mistake the Dems are making. They're demonizing more than half of the American people, calling them "rednecks," "deplorables," "white supremacists," "racists" and "idiots," with the theory that they can "shame" everybody into voting Democrat, by insulting their intelligence. But the truth is that it's the Democrats who are consistently underestimating their own voter base, as well as the crucial swing vote, to say nothing of committed Republicans. But they're consistently losing voter share by doing it.

Anyway, that's politics: and I think the whole shooting match is a circus...or better, a freak show...in the entire Western world right now, it seems.
BTW. I have been wondering Y you have decided to talk to me again?
It's for now. So long as you are civil in regard to sacred matters, and don't blaspheme. Otherwise, as a Christian, my interest in your welfare would compel me to stop engaging you so you didn't condemn yourself, and so that I didn't become an occasion of blasphemy to you. (See Acts 18:6) But right now, you're behaving, so it's all good.

To have a conversation, we don't have to agree. We just have to be minimally civil to each other, especially regarding that which is sacred. Even about that, we can disagree respectfully...but we can't become petty and rude about it, or it's a no-go for me.
OK, well then my Christian brother - guess why I am up so late in Oz? - Saints v Leeds - yep Southampton are back in the Premiere League!! 1-0 :D in the playoff at Wembley.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:37 pm They’re demonizing more than half of the American people,
Correction: ALMOST half the American people who voted in the presidential elections.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:15 pm OK, well then my Christian brother - guess why I am up so late in Oz? - Saints v Leeds - yep Southampton are back in the Premiere League!! 1-0 :D in the playoff at Wembley.
My team narrowly survived relegation from the Prem. We'll see your Southampton next year, I would guess. Congrats.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:15 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:37 pm They’re demonizing more than half of the American people,
Correction: ALMOST half the American people who voted in the presidential elections.
The latest polls say it's much more than half. The latest showing in the Bronx would underline exactly how much of their core the Dems have actually lost to Trump. And it's all because they don't listen.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:05 pm
phyllo wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:40 pm
I suppose that's why so many evangelical Christians here in America will go out and buy Trump's Bible. After all, Trump is a True Christian, right? Why take chances when their very soul is on the line.
I don't get your reasoning here.

Owning Trump's Bible will make you a True Christian?

Reading Trump's Bible will make you a True Christian?
Is Trump a true Christian?
Consensus among Dems is he's practically the Devil. So they can hardly sing the song that he's a Christian, now, can they? They must regard him as some kind of fraudster or hypocrite, at best...unless he's not as bad as they say he is. :?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:21 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:15 pm OK, well then my Christian brother - guess why I am up so late in Oz? - Saints v Leeds - yep Southampton are back in the Premiere League!! 1-0 :D in the playoff at Wembley.
My team narrowly survived relegation from the Prem. We'll see your Southampton next year, I would guess. Congrats.
Yes ..Nott Forest is my best mate's team (that remains in England) so glad we can all observe the Premiere football.

I am still enjoying on DIsney - Welcome to Wrexham - fantastic to see the nuts and bolts of owning\managing a football team - and compassion of working class town supported by dudes worthy of taking a punt from Hollywood (Ryan Reynolds - Rob McKerney???) lol - best show on Disney - I only subscribe now for that and the fact I can share with friends that have children.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:18 pm BTW. I have been wondering Y you have decided to talk to me again?
It's for now. So long as you are civil in regard to sacred matters, and don't blaspheme. Otherwise, as a Christian, my interest in your welfare would compel me to stop engaging you so you didn't condemn yourself, and so that I didn't become an occasion of blasphemy to you. (See Acts 18:6) But right now, you're behaving, so it's all good.
In short, you are are concerned about being a bad influence on him. 🙂
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:05 pm
phyllo wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:40 pm
I suppose that's why so many evangelical Christians here in America will go out and buy Trump's Bible. After all, Trump is a True Christian, right? Why take chances when their very soul is on the line.
I don't get your reasoning here.

Owning Trump's Bible will make you a True Christian?

Reading Trump's Bible will make you a True Christian?
Is Trump a true Christian?
I don't think he is a Christian in any sense of the word.

But some people seem to think he is.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:21 pm
Yes ..Nott Forest is my best mate's team (that remains in England) so glad we can all observe the Premiere football.

I am still enjoying on DIsney - Welcome to Wrexham - fantastic to see the nuts and bolts of owning\managing a football team - and compassion of working class town supported by dudes worthy of taking a punt from Hollywood (Ryan Reynolds - Rob McKerney???) lol - best show on Disney - I only subscribe now for that and the fact I can share with friends that have children.
Reynolds and McElhenny seem to be pretty funny guys...and they've sure made a big difference in Wrexham, while staying humble and grateful about it. Good for them.

My favourite football movie is "The Damned United." If you haven't seen it, it's worth the look. The lead performance is quite unforgettable.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:41 pm In short, you are are concerned about being a bad influence on him. 🙂
I've been unable to corrupt your purity...I had to find a new victim. 🦇
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:41 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:18 pm BTW. I have been wondering Y you have decided to talk to me again?
In short, you are are concerned about being a bad influence on him. 🙂
It's awful Harbal, truly awful. I am the last PROFIT - The Life of Brian...and nobody will listen

So.

Some (more) humour is in order..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPi76KvQF1g
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

IC - have you watched The Life of Brian?

The thing is, and something you probably will never believe - is that GOD made me suffer to the extent of my Lord - Christ.

So when you state I blasphemy - bah - God\Christ has some extent of a rigjht to care about it - but U DONT.

(in fact there have been times where they have respected the fact that I DIDNT kiss Gods arse - while under their duress)
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:06 pm IC - have you watched The Life of Brian?
Should I admit this? :? Yes. Probably more often than most.
So when you state I blasphemy - bah - God\Christ has some extent of a rigjht to care about it - but U DONT.
It's not about me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:23 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:15 pm
The latest polls say it's much more than half. The latest showing in the Bronx would underline exactly how much of their core the Dems have actually lost to Trump. And it's all because they don't listen.
He's referring to the 2016 Election that Trump won. Clinton got over 2 million more votes than Trump did, however, the US electoral college voted in favor of Trump due to the way the popular vote turned out on a state-by-state basis. It's possible for that to happen in the US. Unfortunately, George Bush Jr. did the same thing in 2000. And we all know what happened with his administration. Gore had the popular vote, Bush got the electoral college. The elite made their vote in both of those cases, the people didn't get what we wanted in both cases.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sun May 26, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:55 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:06 pm IC - have you watched The Life of Brian?
Should I admit this? :? Yes. Probably more often than most.
You found it hilarious!? :D

..or did you use it to lecture children of the flock how men degrade the life of our Lord via parody?