LGBTQ Should be prioritised as adoptive parents.

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

accelafine

Re: LGBTQ Should be prioritised as adoptive parents.

Post by accelafine »

Adoption is so 'passe' anyway. Nowadays they just buy a baby. It's a huge industry, with no checks done on the purchaser. if you have the money you can do it. Effing unbelievable. Babies are being sold to convicted paedophiles. That has actually happened. Why would a creepy old man want to buy a baby? Makes your hair stand on end. There's nothing to stop them in many countries.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:08 am
Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:02 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:36 am What does LGBTQ actually mean?

L = Lesbian (Girls fancy girls)
G = Gay (Boys fancy boys)
B = Bisexual (shag anything so long as it is homosapien)
T = Trans (Gender could be anything as a homosapien)
Q = ???? (Fuck knows, can someone explain please)
Q is for queer. Gender isn’t so straightforward and there are plenty of people that don’t fall into binary categories. The blasé dismissal of this fact comes more from ignorance than anything, as the rest of this thread demonstrates.
She's back!! (correct pronoun?) Glad to see you back AstroCat - I'll take your word for that then..I don't personally know any humans that were born without either a willy or a wedge :wink:

So the updated list is:-

Q = Queer
M = Muslims for minors
She’s right, I’m cis :)

See the other post about the Muslim and pedophilia thing though. Short answer is LGBTQ+ folks don’t accept that shit and it’s shitty to suggest we do.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:34 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:08 am
Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:02 am

Q is for queer. Gender isn’t so straightforward and there are plenty of people that don’t fall into binary categories. The blasé dismissal of this fact comes more from ignorance than anything, as the rest of this thread demonstrates.
She's back!! (correct pronoun?) Glad to see you back AstroCat - I'll take your word for that then..I don't personally know any humans that were born without either a willy or a wedge :wink:

So the updated list is:-

Q = Queer
M = Muslims for minors
She’s right, I’m cis :)

See the other post about the Muslim and pedophilia thing though. Short answer is LGBTQ+ folks don’t accept that shit and it’s shitty to suggest we do.
Women are not a subgroup of themselves. Take your offensive 'cis' and shove it.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

accelafine wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:40 am [

“Cis” is not offensive. It literally just means a person that agrees with their birth designation.

As for the rest of your statement, it doesn’t make sense. Either we can refer to women as a subgroup of humans or we cannot. I think it makes sense that we can.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 am

“Cis” is not offensive. It literally just means a person that agrees with their birth designation.

As for the rest of your statement, it doesn’t make sense. Either we can refer to women as a subgroup of humans or we cannot. I think it makes sense that we can.
WTF? Who are you to say that 'cis' isn't offensive? Yeah. A lot of women find it extremely offensive. In fact it's been banned on X as a slur. Now go away. You are annoying me.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

accelafine wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:18 am

WTF? Who are you to say that 'cis' isn't offensive? Yeah. A lot of women find it extremely offensive. In fact it's been banned on X as a slur. Now go away. You are annoying me.
As if it doesn’t need to be said to readers (as “discussing” with this person is clearly not possible), “cis” is not a slur. It’s simply a factual statement like “brunette.” A cis person is simply a person that agrees that their gender aligns with their sex. The term doesn’t imply any sort of slight towards people for whom this is the case. Reasonable people will agree that this couldn’t possibly be a slur, especially since I am enthusiastically a cis woman that agrees my gender matches my sex.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:21 am

As if it doesn’t need to be said to readers (as “discussing” with this person is clearly not possible), “cis” is not a slur. It’s simply a factual statement like “brunette.” A cis person is simply a person that agrees that their gender aligns with their sex. The term doesn’t imply any sort of slight towards people for whom this is the case. Reasonable people will agree that this couldn’t possibly be a slur, especially since I am enthusiastically a cis woman that agrees my gender matches my sex.
Well bully for you. Some people aren't idiots. A woman is an adult human female. Nothing more. Nothing less. Funny how the human race got along just fine for its entire existence without a ridiculous, meaningless prefix to let others know that you don't know what a woman is.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

accelafine wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:24 am

Well bully for you. Some people aren't idiots. A woman is an adult human female. Nothing more. Nothing less. Funny how the human race got along just fine for its entire existence without a ridiculous, meaningless prefix to let others know that you don't know what a woman is.
You continue to broadcast that you don’t know the difference between sex and gender. It’s fine. People are used to this. Rather than an insult contest we could discuss this it you want.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:27 am

You continue to broadcast that you don’t know the difference between sex and gender. It’s fine. People are used to this. Rather than an insult contest we could discuss this it you want.
'Gender' was used as a synonym for sex by prudish yanks who didn't like saying 'sex' and it's at the root of this bullshit cult that's taken over the Western world. Ever heard of a 'gender reveal' party? American. of course. You are obvioulsy fully part of the cult and nothing I say is going to change that. You should be ashamed of yourself though. It's women who are paying the price for this anti-science crap.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

accelafine wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:33 am

'Gender' was used as a synonym for sex by prudish yanks who didn't like saying 'sex' and it's at the root of this bullshit cult that's taken over the Western world. Ever heard of a 'gender reveal' party? American. of course. You are obvioulsy fully part of the cult and nothing I say is going to change that. You should be ashamed of yourself though. It's women who are paying the price for this anti-science crap.
I happen to agree gender reveal parties are silly. Have you considered we might have things we agree on and could be friends about rather than taking an automatically belligerent attitude?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:37 am

I happen to agree gender reveal parties are silly. Have you considered we might have things we agree on and could be friends about rather than taking an automatically belligerent attitude?
I think you could both be really good friends. Come back to us Astro Cat - there's no way you are more hungover than me (notice removed my silly remark from the early hours and replaced it with this one) - we NEED you!! - or at least I do, how am I supposed to comprehend my knowledge of GOD's existence if I can't interrogate an atheist physicist?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:28 am
Astro Cat wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:37 am

I think you could both be really good friends. Come back to us Astro Cat - there's no way you are more hungover than me (notice removed my silly remark from the early hours and replaced it with this one) - we NEED you!! - or at least I do, how am I supposed to comprehend my knowledge of GOD's existence if I can't interrogate an atheist physicist?
It was quite the hangover. I dunno how much I’ll be back though, things be busy