The "God" Particle

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

The "God" Particle

Post by Gary Childress »

First off, is God a "particle"? Is that what some think? I mean, a particle is a particle is a particle but what sense does it make to say that God is a particle or a particle is God? Are particles sentient beings? If particles are sentient beings then is it moral to send them colliding into each other in a "particle accelerator"? How does ramming particles into each other find which one is "God"?

Maybe "God particles" are what happens when science gets sloppy in its naming conventions? And when science gets sloppy in its naming conventions, then maybe it needs to take a breather and do some more sensible thinking and naming.
accelafine

Re: The "God" Particle

Post by accelafine »

The actual name is the Higgs boson. You should google it. There's a good reason why it's referred to as the 'god particle'. Every human owes it to themselves to at least try to have an awareness and basic understanding of these things.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I recommend a fantastic book regarding the Higgs Boson - "Massive - by Ian Sample"

I have heard of it early on being labelled "the God particle" - I think (I refuse to google it) - it was in relation to how important it is for forming MASS to matter.

Otherwise we wouldn't exist and the universe would be a pile of scattered crap!

Interesting that at Church people attend "MASS" - to some, this is just some quirk coincidence of language.

My Divine Etymology Argument thread you may find interesting pointing out key words (and phonetics of letters - Y=WHY) in the English language that must been formed via 3rd party intelligence (God) - operating below the Planck scale and constructing what we perceive of REAL_IT_Y:-

viewtopic.php?t=41324
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

You know you googled it...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

accelafine wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:18 am You know you googled it...
Dude - you really like to argue don't ya? - I read an entire book as I mentioned above about the bloody particle - it seemed pretty obvious, lingering somewhere in my memory that it was key to MASS..

I am a Christian that doesn't LIE. If I tell a porky for fun - i'll admit it.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

attofishpi wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:24 am
Dude - you really like to argue don't ya? - I read an entire book as I mentioned above about the bloody particle - it seemed pretty obvious, lingering somewhere in my memory that it was key to MASS..

I'm sure 8)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

accelafine wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:33 am

I'm sure 8)
I'd prefer you'd said "certain". :D
socrattus

Post by socrattus »

"God particles" are Higgs particles. Book, "Fundamentals":
"The lifetime of a Higgs particle is about 10^-22 seconds,
or a tenth of trillionth of a billionth of a seconds."
/page 177, by Frank Wilczek./
The short lifetime of Higgs bosons makes them unstable and they cannot be
fundamental particles of nature. The name "God Particles" simply indicates
the desire of scientists to get to the truth.
Attachments
God particles.jpg
God particles.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 278 times

Post by Age »

I am a Christian that doesn't LIE.

Here, my friends, is a blatant LIE, itself.

And for more than just one reason.
attofishpi wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:24 am If I tell a porky for fun - i'll admit it.

Post by Age »

socrattus wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:33 pm "God particles" are Higgs particles. Book, "Fundamentals":
"The lifetime of a Higgs particle is about 10^-22 seconds,
or a tenth of trillionth of a billionth of a seconds."
/page 177, by Frank Wilczek./
The short lifetime of Higgs bosons makes them unstable and they cannot be
fundamental particles of nature. The name "God Particles" simply indicates
the desire of scientists to get to the truth.
If so-called "scientists", really, want to get to the truth, then what exists is 'matter' with a 'distance' between and around it. 'The distance' can also be called or referred to as 'space'.

The Universe, that is; all 'matter' and 'space', is fundamentally made up of 'matter', and, 'space'. Always has, always will, and always is.

This is the fundamental Truth, which is absolutely irrefutable. As is continually proved True by,

1. The inability of this to be refuted by anyone.

2. By the Facts that actually exist.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

accelafine wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:30 pm The actual name is the Higgs boson. You should google it. There's a good reason why it's referred to as the 'god particle'. Every human owes it to themselves to at least try to have an awareness and basic understanding of these things.
Especially before they post about it. You'd think Gary would google something before he posts about it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:24 pm
accelafine wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:30 pm The actual name is the Higgs boson. You should google it. There's a good reason why it's referred to as the 'god particle'. Every human owes it to themselves to at least try to have an awareness and basic understanding of these things.
Especially before they post about it. You'd think Gary would google something before he posts about it.
Yes. I know it's also called the "Higgs boson". :roll:
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:16 pm
That's not the problem with your unresearched post, it's this:
And when science gets sloppy in its naming conventions
If you read even just a little bit, you'd know "science" didn't name it that, one particular dude named it that, and a lot of other science dudes actually said they didn't like the name, including Mr Higgs himself.

Some people are just chomping at the bits to hate science. You seem like one of them.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:18 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:16 pm

That's not the problem with your unresearched post, it's this:
And when science gets sloppy in its naming conventions
If you read even just a little bit, you'd know "science" didn't name it that, one particular dude named it that, and a lot of other science dudes actually said they didn't like the name, including Mr Higgs himself.

Some people are just chomping at the bits to hate science. You seem like one of them.
Good for those who didn't like the name. I happen to be among them in that respect. Sorry, you think I "hate" science.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:25 pm
Good for those who didn't like the name. I happen to be among them in that respect. Sorry, you think I "hate" science.
That's the impression a lot of people get when you say science "needs to take a breather and do some more sensible thinking." Like, yeah, everyone stop science because Gary doesn't like some guys pet name for a particle...

Get a grip.