For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Meaning?

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:39 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:36 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:32 pm

I once watched a Youtube video about how to have them, so I gave it a try, but nothing came of it.
This might sound like I am trying to covert ya, but to be honest there are only about three friends of mine that have them - and they all are "spiritual" in some way - that they have always believed there is something more to reality. (I'm the only Christian between us)
I don't think I'm spiritual. I say that because I don't really understand what "spiritual" means, and it seems to me that I would know if I were it.
Yes, I am still rather confused re the term. Especially when Lacewing would insist she is spiritual but an atheist.

So, these people that also have lucid dreams - that I state are spiritual - is that they believe there is GOD - but not necessarily the God of the Bible etc..

..if you then require me to explain what I mean by God - then sure I will.. 8)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:41 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:36 pm

This might sound like I am trying to covert ya, but to be honest there are only about three friends of mine that have them - and they all are "spiritual" in some way - that they have always believed there is something more to reality. (I'm the only Christian between us)
I don't think I'm spiritual. I say that because I don't really understand what "spiritual" means, and it seems to me that I would know if I were it.
Yes, I am still rather confused re the term. Especially when Lacewing would insist she is spiritual but an atheist.

So, these people that also have lucid dreams - that I state are spiritual - is that they believe there is GOD - but not necessarily the God of the Bible etc..
I've known one or two people -on forums- who claimed to have lucid dreams, and now I come to think of it, they were always going on about how spiritual they were.
Be my guest. 🙂
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I've had lucid dreams. Maybe there's something spiritual about it, but belief in any kind of deity doesn't seem to be a requirement.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:00 pm I've had lucid dreams. Maybe there's something spiritual about it, but belief in any kind of deity doesn't seem to be a requirement.
Well, as you are an atheist that certainly confirms it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:48 pm

I've known one or two people -on forums- who claimed to have lucid dreams, and now I come to think of it, they were always going on about how spiritual they were.
Be my guest. 🙂
Past my bedtime mate!! Will get back to you on that rather simple quest.ion :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:29 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:48 pm

Be my guest. 🙂
Past my bedtime mate!! Will get back to you on that rather simple quest.ion :wink:
Okay. Sweet (lucid) dreams. 😴
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Meaning is the judgment of experience.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:36 am
Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:15 am I’ve often heard it said that without religion life has no meaning. Apart from not being able to see why that matters, neither can I see what meaning religion, or belief in God, gives to life. Maybe somebody could explain, although I don’t suppose it matters much if no one bothers.
Yes, I don't think it matters either way. My experience of GOD is that it can be EXTREMELY MEAN.
What a Truly self-centred view this is. If i do not get what i want, then God must be extremely mean.
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:36 am I'd prefer to never exist again if I have to reincarnate again and suffer the wrath of God all over again, just to comprehend its existence (once again).
Lol what is the, supposed, 'wrath of God' that you, supposedly, had to suffer, exactly?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:15 am I’ve often heard it said that without religion life has no meaning. Apart from not being able to see why that matters, neither can I see what meaning religion, or belief in God, gives to life. Maybe somebody could explain, although I don’t suppose it matters much if no one bothers.
Belief, which is what the 'religion' word refers to anyway, never gives meaning to life.

Learning and knowing what the meaning of Life is, exactly, is obtained in another way.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:48 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:42 am Without religion, life has no externally-granted meaning. This is of course what the absurdist and existentialists explore - what is "meaning" if it's not handed to us on a silver platter?

Here's a funky question, though: if life has no meaning without a god to decide your meaning for you, then does god's existence have a meaning? If he has no higher god to look up to, and to grant him a meaning, then... where does his meaning come from? Does he get to decide his own meaning himself? And if he does, in theory, then does that not then imply that we can too, in theory, decide our own meaning ourselves as well?
A few years ago when I was in a lot of contact with this 'GOD" entity, I asked "what do you want from us" - the answer was "I learn from you"
Did God inform you of what it is, exactly, that 'I/It's is learning from 'you' human beings?

Or, did you not consider to just seek out and ask for clarification?
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:48 am - a lot of religious folk won't like that - and to be honest, I am not sure whether that answer was from the sage or God.
How come 'you', still, do not yet know how to tell the difference?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:58 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:49 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:48 am
- a lot of religious folk won't like that - and to be honest, I am not sure whether that answer was from the sage or God.
Maybe a demon
..nah, only God and a sage have introduced themselves. While in HELL - I called out for Satan or any demon - none showed up - just nonsense.

From what I have witnessed of REAL_IT_Y with this God entity at the backbone to its construct - I would not be surprised if it is an A..I. - with a bunch of sages running the God system.

Reality is a convoluted apparition of the Truth.
Lol, so "attofishpi's God", to "attofishpi" anyway, could just be nothing more than just a creation of another human being like thing or creature.

Which is totally inconsistent and contradictory if the 'usual' perception of God, Itself

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:02 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:36 am
Yes, I don't think it matters either way. My experience of GOD is that it can be EXTREMELY MEAN.

I'd prefer to never exist again if I have to reincarnate again and suffer the wrath of God all over again, just to comprehend its existence (once again).
Whenever I have seen anything dead, whether it be a human being, an animal, or a vase of roses, it always looks pretty final, but I suppose we must keep an open mind.
Well obviously those things could never come back in the exact same way. So, 'they' are final, and this Truth is obviously irrefutable.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:50 pm
Belief, which is what the 'religion' word refers to anyway, never gives meaning to life.

Learning and knowing what the meaning of Life is, exactly, is obtained in another way.
I don't really know what the term, "meaning of life", means. I can only guess.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:42 am Without religion, life has no externally-granted meaning. This is of course what the absurdist and existentialists explore - what is "meaning" if it's not handed to us on a silver platter?

Here's a funky question, though: if life has no meaning without a god to decide your meaning for you, then does god's existence have a meaning? If he has no higher god to look up to, and to grant him a meaning, then... where does his meaning come from? Does he get to decide his own meaning himself? And if he does, in theory, then does that not then imply that we can too, in theory, decide our own meaning ourselves as well?
God is a "supreme" being, apparently,
Not according to "attofishpi".

According to "attofishpi" God could just be some 'thing', which is just being controlled by other things.

Which to most is, obviously, just a total contradiction in and of itself.
Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 pm which means whatever you say he can do, he can do, so I suppose it all depends on who says what about him.
Now you are starting to 'get' and 'see' the big and True picture here. That is; absolutely every thing is relative to the observer.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:02 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:50 pm

I don't really know what the term, "meaning of life", means. I can only guess.
Okay.

But, if someone was to ask you, for example, 'What is the meaning of the word 'life'?', do you know what the term means then?

Do you have to guess this as well?

Also, what about 'the meaning of tree'. Is that also a term that you do not really know means and have to also guess?

If you added the word 'the' in front of the term, 'meaning of life', then can you then know what that term means? Or, are you still guessing.

To me, the term, 'the meaning of life' just means the exact same thing as the term, 'the meaning of [any other word].

And, how the meaning of every word is found and obtained is a Truly very simple and very easy process, well to me anyway.

For example, 'the meaning of [the word] 'life' is just living: being alive. Which was, and is, just obtained by just looking up 'that word' in a dictionary.

Which again is exactly how 'the meaning of' absolutely every other word is obtained and found, as well.