Hello From Emmanuel Katto Uganda

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

emmanuelkatto

Hello From Emmanuel Katto Uganda

Post by emmanuelkatto »

Hi All, I am Emmanuel Katto From Uganda. I am 30 and a graphic designer by profession. I like reading philosophy books and discussing.

Looking forward to meet like minded people here.

Thanks!
Emmanuel Katto
attofishpi

Re: Hello From Emmanuel Katto Uganda

Post by attofishpi »

emmanuelkatto wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:35 am Hi All, I am Emmanuel Katto From Uganda. I am 30 and a graphic designer by profession. I like reading philosophy books and discussing.

Thanks!
Emmanuel Katto
Hello Emmanuel Katto from Uganda!!

Welcome to the forum (dont mention gold bullion or Prince Gabanji your uncle that just needs to unlock his bank account with a large deposit to make us all rich) - and then we should all get along just fine.

PS. There are NO like minded people on this forum of anyone - they're all twats. (so unless you are a twat - you could be unique and have problems :wink: )
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Jambo.Welcome.

Are you in Kampala?
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Welcome Emmanuel!

Don't mind attofishpi. He's our pet racist douchebag.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

mickthinks wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:04 pm Welcome Emmanuel!

Don't mind attofishpi. He's our pet racist douchebag.
Well I am of Anglo\Indian heritage.

Name ONE thing I have ever stated that can deem me racist.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

This is a little bit racist;
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:13 pm … (dont mention gold bullion or Prince Gabanji your uncle that just needs to unlock his bank account with a large deposit to make us all rich)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

mickthinks wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 am This is a little bit racist;
attofishpi wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:13 pm … (dont mention gold bullion or Prince Gabanji your uncle that just needs to unlock his bank account with a large deposit to make us all rich)
I would call it an example of stereotyping, rather than racism, and stereotyping isn't always unjustified. That's not to say I am claiming it's justified in this instance. 🙂
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

emmanuelkatto wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:35 am Hi All, I am Emmanuel Katto From Uganda. I am 30 and a graphic designer by profession. I like reading philosophy books and discussing.

Thanks!
Emmanuel Katto
Dear Emmanuel,

I sincerely apologise for the form of my 'welcome' to the Philosophy forum. I honestly don't remember posting the above, but certainly if I drop drinking beer then I will likely return to tobacco!!

I hope you enjoy your stay here on the forum and we all look forward to hearing your outlook on life which certainly since you are from Uganda, will be very unique around here.

Kind wishes
atto.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Harbal wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:45 am
I would call it an example of stereotyping, rather than racism, and stereotyping isn't always unjustified. That's not to say I am claiming it's justified in this instance. 🙂
Interesting! You’re wrong, for reasons which I reserve the right to return to later, but for now; you say it’s stereotyping rather than racism. I think it can be both. Why can’t it be both?

That's not to say I am claiming it's justified in this instance.. Noted! 🙂
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

mickthinks wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:46 pm

Interesting! You’re wrong, for reasons which I reserve the right to return to later, but for now; you say it’s stereotyping rather than racism. I think it can be both. Why can’t it be both?

That's not to say I am claiming it's justified in this instance.. Noted! 🙂
It can only be both when there is a shit stirring cockhead as in you *micthinks that insists on stirring the pot. (in other words - you have an agenda of insisting RACISM is occurring when it is not - and hoping there is HATRED when and where there should be none)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

mickthinks wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:46 pm

It could be both, but I see nothing to suggest that it is. We haven't been told anything about the posters race, only his location, so that is the only thing that fishy had to base his comment on.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Always claiming racism for every possible minor infringement of what is deemed political correctness - in itself a contradiction - makes the claimant look like an idiot which is done all the time, the mobs of the self-righteous consistently looking for trouble.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

lolwat?
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Don't worry, no one ever comes back after introducing themselves on 'introduce yourself'. It's the forum black hole...ooops, is that 'racist' ? I mean 'hole of colour'. :shock:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

mickthinks wrote:
Dubious wrote:Always claiming racism for every possible minor infringement of what is deemed political correctness - in itself a contradiction - makes the claimant look like an idiot which is done all the time, the mobs of the self-righteous consistently looking for trouble
lolwat?
Wat that means *mickthinks* is that you are a dimwit, in fact, Dubious is pointing out that you are an idiot. (I am simply pointing out the fact that you were not intellectually capable of inferring what Dubious was pointing out).

I hope U under_stand and further explanation is not required. :mrgreen: