My Religion

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

My Religion

Post by Gary Childress »

Sometimes it seems that the world is a place with a lot of injustice and unfairness to human beings and even trying to be just and fair to some human beings makes the world unjust and unfair for others. In short, justice and fairness seem impossible to achieve on a universal scale.

And then there's this God being who allegedly created the world. This God being is the only being who created this world but this God being can't take responsibility for the injustices and unfairnesses in the world it created. No, that's our fault for following our God given desires and instincts. In the end, this God being always wins. The deck is stacked in the favor of the creator and the rest of us either comply or submit to God or else we are 'evil' and 'wicked' just by virtue alone of not complying or submitting to God.

I'm diagnosed (deemed) 'mentally ill'. I have delusions and paranoia at times for no fair reason that I understand or am aware of. I don't blame people for this. I blame God. And I think that probably makes God angry. Why wouldn't God be angry for being held accountable for his/her/its screw up?

Or maybe there is no God at all. Maybe we are an accident in this world. Unplanned, undesigned, just some freak accident. And if we are all accidents living in an accidental world beyond our control and not of our making then I feel compassion to whatever degree for all of us accidents and all that we go through. At least so long as other accidents aren't out maliciously trying to harm me. Then I get scared and paranoid. Flight is my preferred response to danger.

And if you are like me, then you are the greatest friend I know. I'm glad to have you in this world as company. It's a lonely place and a scarry place. You are my eternal closest friend. I welcome you.

Re: My Religion

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm Sometimes it seems that the world is a place with a lot of injustice and unfairness to human beings and even trying to be just and fair to some human beings makes the world unjust and unfair for others. In short, justice and fairness seem impossible to achieve on a universal scale.
'The world', as 'it' is sometimes referred to, is ever only unjust and unfair solely because of what adult human beings did or are doing, or have not done and are not doing.

The Universe just does what It does, always, justly. If you human beings become extinct, before you evolve up and into the next stage and level, then this will be because of adult human beings doing, or non-doing as may be the case.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm And then there's this God being who allegedly created the world. This God being is the only being who created this world but this God being can't take responsibility for the injustices and unfairnesses in the world it created.
Do you really think that you adult human beings, really, do take responsibility for the injustice and unfairness, in 'the world', that you all create/d?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm No, that's our fault for following our God given desires and instincts. In the end, this God being always wins. The deck is stacked in the favor of the creator and the rest of us either comply or submit to God or else we are 'evil' and 'wicked' just by virtue alone of not complying or submitting to God.

I'm diagnosed (deemed) 'mentally ill'.
There is not, and I will repeat NOT, another adult human being who is not 'mentally ill', well in the days when this is being written anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm I have delusions and paranoia at times for no fair reason that I understand or am aware of. I don't blame people for this. I blame God.
Could blaming a completely unknown, (imagined), thing be a form of delusion and paranoia, itself?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm And I think that probably makes God angry. Why wouldn't God be angry for being held accountable for his/her/its screw up?

Or maybe there is no God at all. Maybe we are an accident in this world.
Or, then there is the other option.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm Unplanned, undesigned, just some freak accident. And if we are all accidents living in an accidental world beyond our control and not of our making then I feel compassion to whatever degree for all of us accidents and all that we go through. At least so long as other accidents aren't out maliciously trying to harm me. Then I get scared and paranoid. Flight is my preferred response to danger.

And if you are like me, then you are the greatest friend I know. I'm glad to have you in this world as company. It's a lonely place and a scarry place. You are my eternal closest friend. I welcome you.
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Hi Gary,

There is a lot of material here. I'll just touch base on a few things as I see it.

Justice and fairness. If you believe in karma, then all will be fine.

Justice and fairness on a universal scale will playout as it will. It is a byproduct of our being here. If everyone always did the right thing, there is no reason for us to be here.

G-d always wins? G-d is in part you and me. Eventually, I think you are right. G-d, you, me, will win "in the end". There is no real "contest" going on. We all learn and grow at our own speed.

This world is unplanned, undesigned, and some freak accident? Could be. But I think not. Sort of like when Einstein said that G-d does not play dice with the universe. There is a reason for everything. We may not understand it with our human minds. If we take look at the bigger picture, there is usually greater clarity.

Mark

Post by Age »

BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:57 pm Hi Gary,

There is a lot of material here. I'll just touch base on a few things as I see it.

Justice and fairness on a universal scale will playout as it will. It is a byproduct of our being here. If everyone always did the right thing, there is no reason for us to be here.

G-d always wins? G-d is in part you and me. Eventually, I think you are right. G-d, you, me, will win "in the end". There is no real "contest" going on. We all learn and grow at our own speed.

This world is unplanned, undesigned, and some freak accident? Could be. But I think not. Sort of like when Einstein said that G-d does not play dice with the universe. There is a reason for everything. We may not understand it with our human minds. If we take look at the bigger picture, there is usually greater clarity.

Mark
There is no human mind, and when this is understood and knowing how to use the One Mind properly and Correctly, then understanding 'the reason' for every thing can be clearly seen, and known.
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Hi there, that is a very interesting topic. There is no human mind.

As I understand it, it works like this.... you (the general you) is only aware of that in which is put into your mind. That is when you become aware of something and that awareness is all you have.

e.g.: For the next 10 seconds, clear your mind and think of nothing. <-- When you do that, thoughts POP INTO your mind. You did not know what would pop in. But something (things) pop in. This happens I understand 40,000 to 50,000 times per day.

HOW are these thoughts being put INTO your mind, into your AWARENESS????

That is the deeper you. Not the "you" you see in the mirror. But the deeper you.

This makes you like a puppet being "played" by the deeper you.

So, there is no human mind? There is but different than how you may thought if it.

Free choice? (Which is another GREAT subject matter.)

Mark
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Mark
It seems to me that what makes human beings happy and what we actually get out of this world are often two different things. There are a few blissful people out there I suppose, but I think mostly it's a choice between miserable and horrible (to quote Woody Allen). As far as I can tell, personal happiness is pretty much frowned on from a social perspective. This world isn't about human happiness and that's neither just nor fair in my book. More like living in a dungeon.

Post by Age »

BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm Hi there, that is a very interesting topic. There is no human mind.

As I understand it, it works like this.... you (the general you) is only aware of that in which is put into your mind. That is when you become aware of something and that awareness is all you have.

e.g.: For the next 10 seconds, clear your mind and think of nothing.
But there is no 'you' that has a mind.
BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm <-- When you do that, thoughts POP INTO your mind. You did not know what would pop in. But something (things) pop in. This happens I understand 40,000 to 50,000 times per day.

That is the deeper you. Not the "you" you see in the mirror. But the deeper you.

So now, to 'you', there are two yous.
BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm So, there is no human mind? There is but different than how you may thought if it.
What is 'it', exactly, that at least one of 'you' is talking about here?
BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm Free choice? (Which is another GREAT subject matter.)

Mark
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:43 pm

Mark

It seems to me that what makes human beings happy and what we actually get out of this world are often two different things.
I am not so sure they are 2 different things my friend.

I would say what you get out of this world adds to your happiness.

e.g.: Someone who learns to love. (That would also make them happy I would say.)

e.g.: Someone learning to forgive. (That would also make them happy I would say.)
As far as I can tell, personal happiness is pretty much frowned on from a social perspective.
And that my friend Gary is 1 of the biggest things to learn. Not allowing "social", people out there rule you in any way. Want to know what is good and correct? Listen to your inner self. The deeper you.

Once you listen to "social" pretty much anything.........you are headed in the wrong direction.

Heck, Back in 1996 I was leaving the "comforts" for a national real estate company to go out on my own. NO ONE does that. It was (at the time) UNheard of. EVERYONE was 100% AGAINST my making a foolish mistake. My wife even got hives.

It was 1 of the BEST EVER decisions I made in my life. Now, I have several of those agents with MY company.

Also, it is kind of funny my friend, people are quicker to spew anger, hatred, unpleasantness, etc.... before joy. Be careful of what the "social" people/websites say.
This world isn't about human happiness and that's neither just nor fair in my book. More like living in a dungeon.
Why is this world not about human happiness?

There is a huuuuuuuuuge amount of happiness all around. Be careful my friend for what "society" says. The news is like 99.99999% negative, doom and gloom.

Here, allow me to share with you. (BTW, put quality people around you. Not the poison spewing poeple.)

1. This morning, I woke up and I was not in pain. That is an excellent thing!

2. This morning, before even getting out of bed, I appreciated the house being cool. I live in South Florida.

3. This morning, before getting out of bed I was thinking about my wife who landed in Houston yesterday. How nice it is for her to be able to just jump on a plane at any time, scoot over to Houston for baby shower and then come back in a few days. I am very appreciative of the airlines having so many flights available.

4. I am appreciative of being able to pay for the flights down and back reference in #3 above.

5. This morning, I got about 7 1/2 hours of sleep. There for me is a big win. I am up in age and my sleeping is usually very poor. So I am very happy, very appreciative of a great night sleep.

Just those five items before I even got out of bed is making life worth living big time!

I could go on and on Gary for what has gone throughout the day. Many wonderful things.

To me, I will say the exact opposite of what you are saying about this world not supposed to be about human happiness. I am going to say being here on earth is 100% about human happiness. Well, maybe not exactly 100%. I think we are also here on earth to learn and grow.

Mark
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Age wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:00 pm
BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm Hi there, that is a very interesting topic. There is no human mind.

Age wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:00 pm But there is no 'you' that has a mind.
There are 2 things going on here my friend.

The "you" you see in the mirror. That you is what you look like on earth for this incarnation.

"You" only know that in which the deeper you puts into your mind. (This brings up free will which is another subject.) So you, your incarnation, what you see in the mirror is "you". Here on earth you. What you see in the mirror will remain on earth.

The deeper "you" is the forever you. Each time you incarnate, you will look different but the deeper you, the improved you (hopefully you improved each time you come to earth or a earth-like place) and your build on that. Become better.

That deeper you is the "you" that has a mind.

You have an "earth mind" so-to-speak. But it is directed by the deeper real you, permanent mind. And that mind, is a part of the "collective" or "G-d" or whatever you would like to call it.

I am trying to keep this short. And hopefully I am not confusing you.

BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm <-- When you do that, thoughts POP INTO your mind. You did not know what would pop in. But something (things) pop in. This happens I understand 40,000 to 50,000 times per day.

BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm So, there is no human mind? There is but different than how you may thought if it.
BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:20 pm Free choice? (Which is another GREAT subject matter.)

Mark
Age, I am sorry. I am having trouble with the Multi-Quote system on this website.

I am not sure I replied to all of your questions. If not, kindly ask them again maybe in a separate post. So sorry.

Mark

Post by Age »

BuzzCap7 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:29 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:00 pm

Age wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:00 pm But there is no 'you' that has a mind.
There are 2 things going on here my friend.

The "you" you see in the mirror. That you is what you look like on earth for this incarnation.

"You" only know that in which the deeper you puts into your mind. (This brings up free will which is another subject.) So you, your incarnation, what you see in the mirror is "you". Here on earth you. What you see in the mirror will remain on earth.

The deeper "you" is the forever you. Each time you incarnate, you will look different but the deeper you, the improved you (hopefully you improved each time you come to earth or a earth-like place) and your build on that. Become better.

That deeper you is the "you" that has a mind.

You have an "earth mind" so-to-speak. But it is directed by the deeper real you, permanent mind. And that mind, is a part of the "collective" or "G-d" or whatever you would like to call it.

I am trying to keep this short. And hopefully I am not confusing you.

Mark
Age, I am sorry. I am having trouble with the Multi-Quote system on this website.

I am not sure I replied to all of your questions. If not, kindly ask them again maybe in a separate post. So sorry.

Mark
What 'you' are trying to talk and refer to her 'you' are doing very confusingly.

What 'you' are trying to talk about here can be expressed and explained much more easily, simply, and succinctly.
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Age,

I am having issues with uploading here, with DropBox and with by Google Drive to link you to 3 JPGs.

The 3 JPGs, are excerpts from the book Be Here Now. Pages #68, #69, and #70. The section is called "Appearance of the Witness". You can either PM me here and I will share with you my email address and I can send you an explanation of what I was saying from the book Be Here Now. Or, you can download a PDF of the book (or maybe get it at a local library of course) and read those 3 pages. It is explained there.

I am typically GOOD at linking, using DropBox, etc... I do not know why this morning I am having such issues.

Either way........I hope that helps. To me and for a LOT of reading and personal experience, this matter is important.

Oh, you may want to get the entire book Be Here Now and read it all. Like Eckhart Tolle talks about being in the presence "The Power of Now", this matter is important. Heck, that is another good book if you are interested in such a matter.

So sorry for not being able to link it. It is not normal at all for me. Anyway.......

Mark
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

BuzzCap7 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:57 pm Age,

I am having issues with uploading here, with DropBox and with by Google Drive to link you to 3 JPGs.

The 3 JPGs, are excerpts from the book Be Here Now. Pages #68, #69, and #70. The section is called "Appearance of the Witness". You can either PM me here and I will share with you my email address and I can send you an explanation of what I was saying from the book Be Here Now. Or, you can download a PDF of the book (or maybe get it at a local library of course) and read those 3 pages. It is explained there.

I am typically GOOD at linking, using DropBox, etc... I do not know why this morning I am having such issues.

Either way........I hope that helps. To me and for a LOT of reading and personal experience, this matter is important.

Oh, you may want to get the entire book Be Here Now and read it all. Like Eckhart Tolle talks about being in the presence "The Power of Now", this matter is important. Heck, that is another good book if you are interested in such a matter.

So sorry for not being able to link it. It is not normal at all for me. Anyway.......

Mark
You seem like a very patient and charitable person. Kudos!

It seems worth commending you on that.
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Thank you.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm Sometimes it seems that the world is a place with a lot of injustice and unfairness to human beings and even trying to be just and fair to some human beings makes the world unjust and unfair for others. In short, justice and fairness seem impossible to achieve on a universal scale.
Success exists, but, it doesn't just happen. It takes a ton of effort. At least that's my take.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pmAnd then there's this God being who allegedly created the world. This God being is the only being who created this world but this God being can't take responsibility for the injustices and unfairnesses in the world it created. No, that's our fault for following our God given desires and instincts. In the end, this God being always wins. The deck is stacked in the favor of the creator and the rest of us either comply or submit to God or else we are 'evil' and 'wicked' just by virtue alone of not complying or submitting to God.
What did God tell you to do? :shock:
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pmI'm diagnosed (deemed) 'mentally ill'. I have delusions and paranoia at times for no fair reason that I understand or am aware of. I don't blame people for this. I blame God. And I think that probably makes God angry. Why wouldn't God be angry for being held accountable for his/her/its screw up?
Have you tried coffee?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pmOr maybe there is no God at all. Maybe we are an accident in this world. Unplanned, undesigned, just some freak accident. And if we are all accidents living in an accidental world beyond our control and not of our making then I feel compassion to whatever degree for all of us accidents and all that we go through. At least so long as other accidents aren't out maliciously trying to harm me. Then I get scared and paranoid. Flight is my preferred response to danger.
Atheism doesn't scare me.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pmAnd if you are like me, then you are the greatest friend I know. I'm glad to have you in this world as company. It's a lonely place and a scarry place. You are my eternal closest friend. I welcome you.
Is this what it feels like to be inducted into a cult?

Post by Age »

Will you provide some examples of when 'the world' supposedly seems to be 'a place' that is so-called 'unjust and unfair' to you human beings?

And, will you provide some examples of when trying to be 'just and fair' to some, 'the world', itself, then is 'unjust and unfair' to others?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm And then there's this God being who allegedly created the world.
How are you defining the words 'the world' here, exactly?

For what I think you will find is that 'the world' was and is created by you adult human beings alone. Unless, of course, you are referring to the Universe, Itself. Which, if you are, then why do you call 'That', 'the world'?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm This God being is the only being who created this world but this God being can't take responsibility for the injustices and unfairnesses in the world it created.
'We' are yet to see what 'it' is that you even call 'injustices and unfairnesses' to see if 'they' really are, or not. Once you provide those examples, then 'we' have some thing to 'look at, and discuss' here. Until then I do not see any 'injustices nor unfairness' absolutely anywhere, except of course what has come from adult human beings alone.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm No, that's our fault for following our God given desires and instincts.
What do you, now, perceive or believe are your so-called 'God given desires and instincts'?

What I think you will find is that every thing, which is causing and creating the 'injustices and unfairness' comes from what adult human beings have learned to desire, along the way, and absolutely nothing from what is, actually, naturally instinctual and desired.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pmIn the end, this God being always wins.
But, there is absolutely nothing to 'win' nor 'lose' in Life, Itself.

So, what do you think or believe 'it' is, exactly, that God is 'winning' here, and/or that you are 'losing' here?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm The deck is stacked in the favor of the creator and the rest of us either comply or submit to God or else we are 'evil' and 'wicked' just by virtue alone of not complying or submitting to God.
you human beings make up 'the words' that you use.

And, absolutely no one is neither 'wicked' nor 'evil' by virtue alone. Also, what does your sentence and claim here even mean, exactly?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm I'm diagnosed (deemed) 'mentally ill'.
Again, there is not an adult human being who is not (deemed) as a perfectly well thinking human being. Therefore, every adult human being is, and thus can be deemed as 'mentally ill'.

In fact, it is those who think or believe that they think perfectly 'well', or who think or believe that they are not 'ill', mentally in some way, or are, as it could be said and argued, are the most 'mentally ill' and are the ones to be 'most watched', and observed.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm I have delusions and paranoia at times for no fair reason that I understand or am aware of.
So, just because you are, yet, 'aware' of why some thing happens or occurs, then this, by itself, is why 'that thing' is 'unfair and/or unjust', right?

What would happen if you did come to understand a 'fair reason' why you have delusions and paranoia?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm I don't blame people for this. I blame God.
Well that is 'very convenient', right?

Also, noted is that you also sometimes say and claim that you are not even sure that God even exists?

So, how could one, logically, 'blame' some thing, which, to them, may not even exist anyway?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm And I think that probably makes God angry. Why wouldn't God be angry for being held accountable for his/her/its screw up?
What 'screw up'?

Where is the so-called 'screw up' here, exactly?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm Or maybe there is no God at all. Maybe we are an accident in this world. Unplanned, undesigned, just some freak accident.
Why do you keep proposing this type of question/ing, without, seriously, wanting to have a full and 'deep', realizing and revealing, discussion about it?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm And if we are all accidents living in an accidental world beyond our control and not of our making then I feel compassion to whatever degree for all of us accidents and all that we go through.
you seem to keep forgetting that Life is not hard, nor even complex, at all, to some of 'us' "gary childress".

Not 'all' of 'us' 'go through' Life as though 'we' are suffering, nor have to suffer.

And, let 'us' not forget that there a lot of people who 'go through' a lot more than you have had to and will have to. And, a lot of them also do not complain nor whine about 'poor me', as well.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm At least so long as other accidents aren't out maliciously trying to harm me. Then I get scared and paranoid.
Did you mean here that as long as others are not out maliciously trying to harm, then you get scared and paranoid?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm Flight is my preferred response to danger.
Okay, but what is the actual reason you keep informing 'us' of this?

And, why do you keep informing 'us' that you are (deemed) 'mentally ill'?

Do you 'feel better' when you know or imagine others are 'feeling pity', for you?

you know like how you 'feel' everytime your mommy 'felt pity' for you as you were 'growing up', or how you 'felt' when you wished your mommy would 'feel pity', for you?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm And if you are like me, then you are the greatest friend I know.
When you say here, 'like me', what do 'you' actually mean, exactly?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 pm I'm glad to have you in this world as company. It's a lonely place and a scarry place. You are my eternal closest friend. I welcome you.
Who do you think or imagine that you are talking to here "gary childress"?