Puberty blockers

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Puberty blockers

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:21 pm
accelafine wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:09 pm Doesn't really work when you have a transhausen parent who is determined to have a fashionable 'transchild'. Ever seen Jazz Jenning's mother? She a monstrous abomination.
I laid out my opinion as concisely as I could above. If BOTH the child and parent unequivocally want the procedure done to the child after reviewing all the pros and cons, then it's not my business to tell them they're making a mistake. I would never undergo surgery like that but if others want it, then they are free to get it. It's not my problem. I don't encourage something like that but it's not my business to make decisions like that for other people.
I'm pretty sure that the consent of both parent and child is the standard for prescribing these drugs.
The hysteria on this issue is beyond a joke; it is disgusting.

They are a great way to avoid the surgery which is irreversible and provides the young person with a good breating space for reflexion.

It is a digrace that the some people who are generally against trnas people per se are also against puberty blockers.
It's much like the anti-abortionists also being against family planning and birth control; pro-gun, pro-death penalty, pro-choice. Vile people who scream "freedom" whilst seeking to deny others their freedom to chose.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:51 pm
accelafine wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:09 pm Doesn't really work when you have a transhausen parent who is determined to have a fashionable 'transchild'. Ever seen Jazz Jenning's mother? She a monstrous abomination.
I laid out my opinion as concisely as I could above. If BOTH the child and parent unequivocally want the procedure done to the child after reviewing all the pros and cons, then it's not my business to tell them they're making a mistake. I would never undergo surgery like that but if others want it, then they are free to get it. It's not my problem. I don't encourage something like that but it's not my business to make decisions like that for other people.
I'm pretty sure that the consent of both parent and child is the standard for prescribing these drugs.
I would assume and hope so.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:55 am Are people who regret having had gender surgery being silenced?
Very much so. The "Trans" community will allow as much pro-propaganda as can be generated, but squawks like birds or falls silent whenever a fact related to detransitioners is brought forward. But you can see that for yourself, from the articles in the WaPo and NYT, or from the mere fact that transition regret is almost invisible in the media today.
Here's what I think. I think an underage person considering clinical gender change of him or herself should be presented with all the pros and cons of making such a decision.
An "underage" person? :shock: "Underage" means "not capable of making a mature decision about X." A four year old may think he's Batman: but he's not. And if his parents suggest to him he is, does society owe him a leotard and a Bat Cave?
If they change their mind after the process and decide to detransition,
Then they're dead already. There's no actual "reversing" transition. You've permanently castrated or sterilized yourself, and made other radical changes in your personal anatomy. You've shortened your lifespan, subjected yourself to vastly accelerated rates of things like osteoporosis and cancer, and radically shrunk the pool of persons capable of partnering with you...
Educating people with gender dysphoria should NOT be the responsibility of clinics that are compensated to perform such medical procedures.
I agree. Nor of ideologues who have selfish motives for advocating it, nor of public educators not expert in the field, nor of mere politicians, nor of selfish, virtue-signaling Karens, nor of maladjusted Transers who are desperate to rationalize their own choices by grooming others on social media...and yet, today, that's exactly what's going on.

It's a big topic, and I don't mean to get into a general discussion of all the facts around the Trans ideology here. There are plenty of books to handle that. What I will say here, though, is that it's by no means obvious that Transing is a good thing, or that social approval of it will offset the many and horrendous consequences of it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:04 pm

I challenge you to find ANY example where this is not the case, unless the child has applied fro "emancipation" as I understand they can in the US?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:55 am Are people who regret having had gender surgery being silenced?
Very much so. The "Trans" community will allow as much pro-propaganda as can be generated,
Garbage in Garbage out.
You can rely in IC to spew bollocks constantly
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:08 pm What I will say here, though, is that it's by no means obvious that Transing is a good thing, or that social approval of it will offset the many and horrendous consequences of it.
I recall steroids being a thing when I was going to high school. There were a scant few kids who used them and they looked a lot like Arnold S. I didn't touch steroids and I can't say I regret that decision. I haven't since talked to them, however, to find out if they regret the decision or not these days. I would be interested in knowing how they feel about it now. However, I suspect they might be happier than I am. Anti-psychotics leave a guy emotionally flat. But I don't seem to have a choice but to take them (unless I want to be locked in a padded room).
Last edited by Gary Childress on Mon May 20, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:12 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:04 pm

I challenge you to find ANY example where this is not the case, unless the child has applied fro "emancipation" as I understand they can in the US?
I'm not that passionate about it one way or the other. I have other things I'd rather do with my time. But I hear what you are saying.
seeds

Post by seeds »

seeds wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:05 am Another mystery (to me, anyway) has to do with the parents of children like Jazz Jennings, for example, who was born a boy.

According to Wiki (bracketed interjections mine)...
Wiki wrote: Her ["his"] parents noted that Jennings was clear on being female as soon as she ["he"] could speak....

...She ["he"] stars in the TLC reality TV series, I Am Jazz, which premiered in 2015 and focuses on her ["his"] daily life with her ["his"] family and the challenges she ["he"] faces as a transgender person.
And the mystery is that if you're a parent who (for whatever reason) is hell-bent on screwing up your child's body and life with hormone therapy because when they were 4 or 5 years old, they somehow imagined themselves as being born in the wrong body,...

...then if the idiot parents and doctors are going to do it anyway, then why not treat them with the drugs and hormones that will make them feel more at home in the body they were born with, instead of perpetuating the "Frankenstein-ish" insanity displayed in the image uploaded by accelafine?
accelafine wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:09 am What??
seeds wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:21 am Please explain why my reply prompted a - "What??" - from you?
accelafine wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:17 am My apology. I misread. Why give them ANY drugs?
Agreed.

But the point was that if they (the idiot ["transhausen"] parents, and the confused child, and the idiot {"Mengelean"] doctors) are all hell-bent on doing it anyway,...

...then wouldn't it make more sense to give them the therapy that affirms the gender (the body) they were born with, as opposed to the therapy that leads them down the path to self-butchery?
accelafine wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:17 am There's a cure for these children--it's called puberty.
Again, agreed.

I'm no expert on the issue, but, apparently, not even puberty can resolve all of the cases.

I am now going to interject a little speculative spirituality into the conversation, so, try not to have a cow, :D ...

To view all of this trans business from my own (perhaps crazy) philosophical perspective, I suggest that the human soul (just like God) has no gender.

As I have stated many times before, with just a few edits in the DNA of our newly formed zygote in our mother's womb, any one of us could have been born in a body that is the opposite gender of what we are now, and we would have lived our lives (played the roles) accordingly.

And the point is that if it is plausible that our eternal souls (assuming we have them) are indeed genderless, then isn't it further plausible that that could be the source reason for why some humans (especially pre-pubescent children) experience gender dysphoria?

It would further explain why transitioning still doesn't eliminate their confusion which, in truth, is based on the fact that the "locus" of their being (their "I Am-ness"/soul) is neither male nor female.
_______
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Right. Because children are known for being able to make life-changing decisions about themselves. They aren't easy to manipulate at all :roll: There are laws to protect them for a reason.
seeds

Post by seeds »

_______

As it so clearly pertains to this thread, if you want to watch and hear an attractive young woman (with the voice of a lumberjack) give a very frank and eloquent description of her regretful experience in attempting to transition into a male and then back again, then watch this entertaining YouTube video titled:

"...I Detransitioned. Here's what they will NEVER TELL YOU!..."

https://youtu.be/OmsYKSiBZzU

(Start it at the beginning in case it lands somewhere in the middle of the vid)

_______
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

And of course men have the most (i.e. all) to gain from this 'transcult' insane contagion. It's a misogynist's wet dream. Terrorise women in women-only spaces (just by being there), humiliate women at sport, steal women's prizes/lucrative scholarships off them, make the word 'woman' meaningless, control women's speech/the words they use thus making it impossible for them to even discuss themselves...The possibilities are endless--and all with the law on their side. 'Trans' is nothing more than a men's rights movement in drag.
Toxic gnomes like sculptor have no business expressing an opinion on this. If men want to support women and children for the right reasons then that's well and good (there are a handful out there) but otherwise stay the fuck out of it--your opinion is irrelevant.

Women are not an idea in a man's head. Women are not a dress, size 14 high heels, a bad wig and appalling makeup.

Being a man or a woman has nothing to do with what a person looks like. It's not a 'feeling'; it's a fact.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

man in women's shower.jpg
man in women's shower.jpg (35.92 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Attachments
women.jpg
women.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

accelafine wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:41 pm
Right. Because children are known for being able to make life-changing decisions about themselves. They aren't easy to manipulate at all :roll: There are laws to protect them for a reason.
I suppose you have a fair point.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Just look at this cheating piece of crap.

cheat.jpg
cheat.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 156 times