Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: If Satan exists, it is Allah

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:32 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:20 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:35 am

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

How does... “Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone”

...get interpretted in any way that is not literal?
I interpret Belinda's post as trying to interject rational discourse.
Really..Belinda is insisting this can be interpretted in some other "light" -what is your interpretation?

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone”
My interpretation is that Muslims are pretty stirred up right now. They probably have a right to be after the Bush administration's idiocy in the Middle East. I hope clear minds with good will, will prevail. There's nothing else you and I can do at this point.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:37 am

The British Empire created USA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA and many COMMONWEALTH countries that have citizens very happy with their freedom and democracy.
Rubbish. They are full of white people that killed all the brown and black people. WTF is the matter with you?

Why don't you ask them (before the lefty cunts allow their countries to be fucked up with mass migration of ISLAMISTS)

ALL of them have NO democracy. They KILL people for not believing in Mohammads disgusting crap. Homosexuals are stoned to death.

But hey - Sculptors ergo Chaz Wymans of the English nation will continually sell out our nation to ISLAMIC immigration - because he is so dumb to compare ALL religions as equal.
I hate Christian infiltration far more than the minor influx of Moslims most of whose second generation become part of secular society.
The problam at the moment is Islamiphobia which tends to make them retrench and protect their heritage.
If only c*nts like you were more tolerant them more Moslims would accept the real god of atheism and adopt secular culture as so many before them have.
SO why don't you f*ck off and try to be a bit nicer?
So why don't you get off your spotty backside , get out of your dungeon and go and kiss a brown person?
You are ignorant.
Not the best start to encourage me to read anything you typed.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:35 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:20 am

I interpret Belinda's post as trying to interject rational discourse.
Really..Belinda is insisting this can be interpretted in some other "light" -what is your interpretation?

“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone”
My interpretation is that Muslims are pretty stirred up right now. They probably have a right to be after the Bush administration's idiocy in the Middle East. I hope clear minds with good will, will prevail. There's nothing else you and I can do at this point.
How does the following have any other interpretation than Muslims being instructed to kill us?

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:58 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:35 am

How does the following have any other interpretation than Muslims being instructed to kill us?

It looks like an instruction to kill us, yes. Should we kill them back or should we give the other cheek and seek peace?
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

It looks like an instruction to kill us, yes. Should we kill them back or should we give the other cheek and seek peace?
The only reason you are not a Muslim now, is because Christians have fought back.

In hindsight, was that a good thing or a bad thing?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:16 pm
The only reason you are not a Muslim now, is because Christians have fought back.

In hindsight, was that a good thing or a bad thing?
I don't know. If there is a God, and it was Jesus and Jesus commanded us to turn the other cheek, then I assume it wasn't a good thing. If there isn't a God and Jesus commanded us to turn the other cheek, then it could be either, I suppose. I'm agnostic, just to be clear, so it's difficult for me to know.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

I don't know. If there is a God, and it was Jesus and Jesus commanded us to turn the other cheek, then I assume it wasn't a good thing. If there isn't a God and Jesus commanded us to turn the other cheek, then it could be either, I suppose. I'm agnostic, just to be clear, so it's difficult for me to know.
Well, if the Christians were overrun by the Muslims, then Jesus' message would have been lost and people would be further away from God than if they had fought back successfully.

The non-religious question is ... are you/we better off living in a society which comes from a Christian tradition than if you/we are living in a society which comes from a Muslim tradition?
Atla

Post by Atla »

I'm agnostic, just to be clear
Thirteen Muslim countries officially punish atheism or apostasy by death
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:29 pm
Well, if the Christians were overrun by the Muslims, then Jesus' message would have been lost and people would be further away from God than if they had fought back successfully.

The non-religious question is ... are you/we better off living in a society which comes from a Christian tradition than if you/we are living in a society which comes from a Muslim tradition?
Again, I don't know. If there is a God, then maybe I don't have a choice which God is the 'true' one. If there isn't a God, then I would just hope that there can be peace in some way shape or form. I mean, maybe there isn't a God or maybe God is one that wants strife and (in my opinion) isn't worth worshiping. I couldn't tell you.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue May 14, 2024 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:34 pm
I'm agnostic, just to be clear
Thirteen Muslim countries officially punish atheism or apostasy by death
Seems pretty ridiculous to me. Not sure what to do about it. Suggestions are welcome.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 pm
phyllo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:29 pm

Again, I don't know. If there is a God, then maybe I don't have a choice which God is the 'true' one. If there isn't a God, then I would just hope that there can be peace in some way shape or form. I mean, maybe there isn't a God or maybe God is one that wants strife and (in my opinion) isn't worth worshiping. I couldn't tell you.
It DOES NOT MATTER whether or not God exists...the question is about IDEOLOGY...ergo do you think you'd be better off under ISLAM or CHRISTIANITY?
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

Again, I don't know. If there is a God, then maybe I don't have a choice which God is the 'true' one. If there isn't a God, then I would just hope that there can be peace in some way shape or form. I mean, maybe there isn't a God or maybe God is one that isn't worth worshiping. I couldn't tell you.
Which God 'speaks' to you, which one do you find most appealing? The Christian God, the Muslim God, another God or no God?

Whichever one you pick, that is your God.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 pm
phyllo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:29 pm Well, if the Christians were overrun by the Muslims, then Jesus' message would have been lost and people would be further away from God than if they had fought back successfully.

It DOES NOT MATTER whether or not God exists...the question is about IDEOLOGY...ergo do you think you'd be better off under ISLAM or CHRISTIANITY?
I'd say it matters very much if God exists and if so which religion has the most accurate account. Christ seems to have made it pretty clear that war and strife are not options we have in order to follow him. That seems good to me if Christ will look out for us and ensure that turning the other cheek is not going to get us killed. Otherwise, maybe we ought to stop fucking with Islam and let them go their own way in hopes we won't need to fight them.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:50 pm
Again, I don't know. If there is a God, then maybe I don't have a choice which God is the 'true' one. If there isn't a God, then I would just hope that there can be peace in some way shape or form. I mean, maybe there isn't a God or maybe God is one that isn't worth worshiping. I couldn't tell you.
Which God 'speaks' to you, which one do you find most appealing? The Christian God, the Muslim God, another God or no God?

Whichever one you pick, that is your God.
I've always had an affinity for Christ's basic teachings. I can't say I find Islam appealing. But I'm not going to fight someone over it if that can be at all avoided.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

Christ seems to have made it pretty clear that war and strife are not options we have in order to follow him.
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
Matthew 10:34-36

Just saying. :lol: