TRUMP AHEAD?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Flannel Jesus

Re: TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:40 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:26 am "quit dodging" said the man who opened the conversation with insults and has not admitted his error, but instead has proceeded to move goal posts repeatedly.
As the written record shows, I have not made an error in exposing your lack of philosophical commentary, prompted with Sculptor-style provocation.

I thought we were together on that.

:|
"I have not made an error in moving the goal posts, after first opening the conversation with insults that were mistaken and never taking any responsibility for my erroneous insults"

Quit dodging
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:

Don't worry about it. You're obviously not a philosopher.

The picture looks fake.
In the age of CGI and corrupt government, such fake-looking pictures don't cut the mustard.

They cut the cheese.

You're a good sport, but you missed an opportunity. So what if you felt insulted. Man up, buttercup. Insults are appropriate in a Sculptor-thread, and for good reason.

They expose those whose primary concern is defending ego, aka, self-concept, in a venue where the primary concern should be philosophy.

By the way, I no longer expect an explanation of that picture. At least, not from you. You seem to lack the capacity.

Hey, we caught another quipper! (Intended insult)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:38 am Just responding to your fake looking picture.

You didn't even add a comment with the picture, let alone explain anything.

I'd say that leaves it up for grabs.

Did you come to see insults, or did you come to see opportunities to philosophize.

(I suggest you reference the brilliant "favourite lyrics thread.") Although, that mostly lacks commentary on the lyrics, since folks probably figure the lyrics say what needs to be said.

Shape up. Quit being so petty, so insulted, such a little person.

Be large and contain multitudes.

Show us some philosophy chops using that picture as a base.

:D
A lot of people gave Obama a hard time for bowing to the Japanese Emperor instead of choosing a handshake, though it was probably an act of paying respect or courtesy to a friendly nation. Perhaps, it could have been intended as an act of courtesy that Trump is saluting a N. Korean officer I suppose. Would that be your interpretation? I mean, do you really believe it's a faked picture?

Trump pissed off some leaders we've been on good terms with while conversely patronizing a few dictators. I'm not sure how well that is playing out these days. I suppose we'll find out one way or the other.

Either way, the world seems to be in an uncertain position right now. I would think leaving diplomacy in the hands of seasoned statesmen might be a better approach than putting Trump in the driver's seat again. What are your thoughts on that?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... n-general/
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

If walker thinks it "looks fake" for undisclosed reasons, that's obviously more important than if it is fake.

Funny guy.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:00 am If walker thinks it "looks fake" for undisclosed reasons, that's obviously more important than if it is fake.

Funny guy.
Let's give Walker a fair chance to respond in a philosophical manner.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker doesn't care that it's not fake. He knows it's not fake. He wants to insult me for being gullible not because it's fake, but because he thinks it looks fake. If he thinks it looks fake, then he gets to call people gullible - even if it's not actually fake. That's the state of mind he's in now.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:05 am
Walker doesn't care that it's not fake. He knows it's not fake. He wants to insult me for being gullible not because it's fake, but because he thinks it looks fake. If he thinks it looks fake, then he gets to call people gullible - even if it's not actually fake. That's the state of mind he's in now.
Let's wait and see what Walker has to say. He came out swinging, maybe he'll change gears.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

He came out swinging because he doesn't have the clarity of thought to say something like "it looks fake, what reasons do you have to think it's real?"

Instead it's "it looks fake, gullible people believe it because gullible people believe whatever they want".

And if he had any balls, he'd say "I was in error to leap to gullibility rather than showing any kind of curiosity or willingness to research."

But he's not a philosopher, he's got no balls, he won't say that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:00 am
- I see a possibly faked picture, in the age of AI and CGI, that lacks any accompanying interpretation by the poster.

- Flannel is afraid to offer an analysis of what the picture means, philosophically.
- He, and I'm beginning to think she, so wants to believe in the picture.
- That's why he thinks that if anyone says it looks fake, they so want to believe that it is fake.
- That's what you call subjective projection.
- Rationally, it's a false equivilance.
- Why he does that is anyone's guess.

- Saying that it looks fake, is simply because it looks fake, and any need in that observation is the need to express truth as it pertains to evidence within a philosophical context.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

No balls, just more insults.

"It looks fake to me" is more important than if it's actually fake, than any kind of research one could do to find if it's fake.

It's all about his feelings, not facts. And he wants to call me a "she" while behaving like that...
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:06 pm Image
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 am
Now you're really sounding like a woman.

Uh, you began the discussion by posting the picture, sweetie.

Anyway, I'm done with your being insulted.

Man up.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

He projects and accuses others of projection. Fascinating.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:14 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:00 am
- I see a possibly faked picture, in the age of AI and CGI, that lacks any accompanying interpretation by the poster.

- Flannel is afraid to offer an analysis of what the picture means, philosophically.
- He, and I'm beginning to think she, so wants to believe in the picture.
- That's why he thinks that if anyone says it looks fake, they so want to believe that it is fake.
- That's what you call subjective projection.
- Rationally, it's a false equivilance.
- Why he does that is anyone's guess.

- Saying that it looks fake, is simply because it looks fake, and any need in that observation is the need to express truth as it pertains to evidence within a philosophical context.
Well according to the website Snopes.com, It appears to be that Trump did in fact return a salute from a N. Korean officer. Granted, N. Korea seems to have turned it into a propaganda tool to laud Un's 'diplomatic prowess' as one might expect.

Trump makes a lot of people in the West nervous. And it seems undeniable to me that he did stir things a bit and rattle some cages during his presidency. I'm not so sure that was a good thing or a bad thing. What are your thoughts?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:20 am He projects and accuses others of projection. Fascinating.
Sigh.

I already explained, but you come to see what you want to see, and you never come to know.

Posting any picture, fake-looking or not, in the age of AI and CGI, is no longer evidence of anything. Therefore, Miss Balls, as a philosopher, you are obligated to explain the meaning of that picture.

There is no projection involved in this posting.

Now, what does the picture mean?

Quit dodging, Miss Balls.