How: From Non-Moral Premise to Moral Premise

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

How: From Non-Moral Premise to Moral Premise

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Here is my argument on how to convert a non-moral premise to a moral premise via the common denominator of a Framework and System.
Peter Holmes wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:06 am Oh, well. You still don't understand that non-moral premises can't entail moral conclusions. And I can't explain it any more simply. All you manage is this:

'Any rational person will comply with the oughtness to put up an effective lighthouse.'

That's a factual assertion, with a truth-value. It doesn't entail the moral conclusion 'therefore we ought to put up lighthouses'.

I really think you're not able to grasp it. So I'm giving up. Again.
It is your discretion to pull back your neck and head into your tortoise shell and be ignorant forever. As I had argued your such-a-move is very psychological and primitive - know thyself!

I understand the equivocation and conflation fallacies very well. I had often threw those fallacies with my argument with theists.

Generally it is true one cannot infers an X-premise from a non-X premise, in this case, moral premise from a non-moral premise.

To overcome the above I have introduced the common factor, i.e. conditioned them within a framework and system, i.e. the FSERC.
  • 1. A System takes in inputs to generate output [facts in this case] within a Framework.

2. Whatever facts emerging from a FSERC is objective via a collective of subjects, i.e. independent of individual-subject[s].

3. The oughnot_ness not to kill humans is scientific fact via the science-evolutionary_biology-evolutionary_psychology-neurosciences FSERC. [Fs]

4. Fs in inputted into a valid moral-FSERC. [1]

5. The moral FSERC converts Fs into an objective moral fact [1].

6. Since objective moral fact[s] exist from the moral FSERC, morality is objective [as qualified].
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Tue May 14, 2024 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: How: From Non-Moral Premise to Moral Premise

Notes:

What is a Framework and System of Knowledge? FSC & FSERC
viewtopic.php?t=31889&sid=f8ba817284e93 ... e0a558b7cc

I have explained FSERC in these threads:
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Tue May 14, 2024 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: How: From Non-Moral Premise to Moral Premise

Notes: KIV
FlashDangerpants

science-evolutionary_biology-evolutionary_psychology-neurosciences FSERC

Post by FlashDangerpants »

science-evolutionary_biology-evolutionary_psychology-neurosciences FSERC
lol