TRUMP AHEAD?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by Harbal »

seeds wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:01 pm

"...Make Earth Medieval Again..." (MEMA)

_______
:)

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:12 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:23 am No one can make you reasonable.
Ironic. That's exactly why I don't bother with you...you're just never rational, it seems.
Coming from the one who tries to argue, from its very own, very obviously very 'subjective' views, that it is a so-called "objectivist" you seem to have missed the true irony here.

Oh, and by the way, you have yet to show just one, supposed, irrational thing that I have ever said or written here.

And, obviously claiming that I am 'never' rational speaks for just how 'irrational' that claim really is.

Also, you do not so-call 'bother' with me, because of the very fact that I point out and show where your claims are False and/or Wrong, and because if you even began to answer the clarifying questions I ask you, then you would only end up contradicting "your" own 'self', and/or end up just highlighting your own Falsehoods and/or inconsistencies here.

In other words, you do not 'bother' with me because you do not have the ability to here without you making "yourself" look more like a fool.
Last edited by Age on Sat May 04, 2024 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:38 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:34 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:12 pm
Ironic. That's exactly why I don't bother with you...you're just never rational, it seems.
That's rich coming from someone who believes the Bible is literal truth. :?
Well, we're going to see about that.
This is your only 'argument' here. 'We are going to see about that'.

The only, real, come back you have had here is; The bible is literally true', and, ' We will all personally find out after we each 'die' '.

you could not come across as being more living proof of just how fooled and deceived some adult human beings had become through 'theological instructions'.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:53 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm

Not especially bad, but especially qualified in that respect. You’ll agree that his supporters believe he is especially good, not bad.
I'm not agreeing to any statements others try to script for me. I can make my own claims, thanks.

But you have alleged that the danger is an "amoral narcissist," in context, alleging that of Trump. But given the proliferation of such in Washington, what's your particular justification for that concern?
Was my response to you not worthy of a comment from you?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:55 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm

Not especially bad, but especially qualified in that respect. You’ll agree that his supporters believe he is especially good, not bad.
I'm not agreeing to any statements others try to script for me. I can make my own claims, thanks.

But you have alleged that the danger is an "amoral narcissist," in context, alleging that of Trump. But given the proliferation of such in Washington, what's your particular justification for that concern?
Your entire question in reply to my post was included above. My response is also included above. What other "response" did you have in mind? :shock:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Your entire question in reply to my post was included above. My response is also included above. What other "response" did you have in mind? :shock:
Look back to my earlier post where I provided a list of reasons why I think Trump is amoral and/or narcissistic. I cannot find a comment from you following the list I provided.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:00 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Look back to my earlier post where I provided a list of reasons why I think Trump is amoral and/or narcissistic. I cannot find a comment from you following the list I provided.
That's because if that's just a subjective list, then it's inconsequential. However, if it's objectively true that voting for Trump is bad, and you can produce evidence that I should believe that makes it morally bad, then you're not a Moral Subjectivist at all...you're just a selective Objectivist.

So which way do you want to play it: that you're a Subjectivist, so your list doesn't tell us anything, or that the list is telling, and you're an Objectivist?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:26 pm I have to say, guys, I'm amused by the nervousness. And I find it quite funny that Dem supporters actually think people should be all anxious and in knots about a possible second Trump term. If Trump does essentially what he did the last time in office, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Rather, it would suggest your border will be more secure, your food and gas cheaper, your international reputation more solid, and you'll be paying lower taxes for fewer wars. And that's pretty much what I think you should expect.
TRump was handcuffed by COVID last time.
But you forget what idiotic things he did manage achieve when he was not sacking his best staff.
Arbitrary bans on people coming from countries. half a mile of wall.
Deliberate separation of children from their parents seeking asylum.
Food and gas more expensive; He crashed the economy.
The worst international repuatation of all time; lower even that Bush.
I am astonished at the level of your ignorance.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:00 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:26 pm I have to say, guys, I'm amused by the nervousness. And I find it quite funny that Dem supporters actually think people should be all anxious and in knots about a possible second Trump term. If Trump does essentially what he did the last time in office, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Rather, it would suggest your border will be more secure, your food and gas cheaper, your international reputation more solid, and you'll be paying lower taxes for fewer wars. And that's pretty much what I think you should expect.
But you forget ...
I'm not "forgetting" anything. I'm just asking how Moral Subjectivism can tell anybody anything about Trump, or anyone else, for that matter.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:16 pm
But you forget ...
I'm not "forgetting" anything. I'm just asking how Moral Subjectivism can tell anybody anything about Trump, or anyone else, for that matter.
I can't speak for anyone else, but my moral sensibilities tell me that there's something not right about having a lying scumbag running a country. :|
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

But you forget ...
I 'm talking about your factual errors.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:29 pm

But you forget ...
I can't speak for anyone else, but my moral sensibilities tell me that there's something not right about having a lying scumbag running a country. :|
A criminal lying scumbag, corrupt, abuser, cheat and bankrupt...
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:32 pm
A criminal lying scumbag, corrupt, abuser, cheat and bankrupt...
I didn't want to make a list, for fear of being up all night.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

But you forget ...
That may change. And if it does, Trump will become the moral choice, because subjectively, that's what you'll believe. Even if not, a feeling of "ick" isn't a moral feeling. It's just an ick. You can get over it.

Meanwhile, by the light of Moral Subjectivism, he remains a perfectly moral option for everybody else, apparently, since your subjectivity implies no obligation on them at all. They don't have to agree. And they're just as "moral" as you, if they don't.

So once again, Moral Subjectivism fails: it tells us nothing about D. Trump, or anybody else.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:31 pm

But you forget ...
I 'm talking about your factual errors.
You forget. Facts are objective...values are subjective. So you say. And Moral Subjectivism? What does it tell us about Trump?