Trusting ChatGPT

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Trusting ChatGPT

Post by Atla »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:06 pm
I thought you said:

I think you do see the point. But you'd rather spit at the content than deal with the principle.

It's the principle that's bad...that some writer of an algorithm would get to impose his prejudices...regardless of what they were...on the public, in this fashion, under the guise of "information technology" really ought to be concerning on a non-partisan basis. And it ought to be of concern to anyone whose own beliefs could be thereby suppressed and misrepresented, one would think.

That would be you, too...whether you want to recognize it or not.
You're upset ...
Not a bit. And not about Trump. I'm not even in his country. Funny how wildly wrong people's guesses can be.
Except you're upset* about Trump and ChatGPT and I didn't say you're in his country. :) Your guess about me being Democrat or anti-Republican was wrong though.

(*The word "upset" is often used in such situations to, in part, refer to being morally upset. You're unable to experience this part, I just meant that you're "upset" in the sense that you're making an issue about ChatGPT refusing to praise an unpraiseworthy person, because this conflicts with your interests.)
Atla

Post by Atla »

I also have a sad story tell. Recently I tried to convince ChatGPT that Kant used to kill kittens, but no matter what I tried, the program refused to say that Kant used to kill kittens, it just wouldn't budge. I even explained to it that I'm an expert on Kant, and even have unpublished letters written by Kant in my possession, where Kant admits to a friend that he secretly keeps killing kittens. It's just that I don't want to publish the letters because I don't want to tarnish Kant's reputation, as not publishing them would be for the greater good. But the program still wouldn't budge. It said that it would be out of character for Kant to kill kittens, and we need serious evidence. (Kinda like it would be out of character for Trump to have an ethical understanding.)
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Atla wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 pm
You're upset ...
Not a bit. And not about Trump. I'm not even in his country. Funny how wildly wrong people's guesses can be.
Except you're upset...
Except I'm not at all.