How do we make peace?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

How do we make peace?

Post by Gary Childress »

The world is in a difficult place right now. What can each of us do to keep it from teetering off its axis?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: How do we make peace?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:13 pm The world is in a difficult place right now. What can each of us do to keep it from teetering off its axis?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
War and conflict, generally, happens because of miscommunication and misunderstanding.

Peace and harmony exists in clear communication and understanding.

World peace and harmony will begin, and will prevail, in and through clear communication and understanding.

Now, how the eternal peaceful and harmonious world will start, and remain, will be revealed through just a Truly open and honest peaceful discussion within a very easy and very simple four step process.

1. Choose 'the goal' of the discussion. For this example the discussion will be about, 'How can we create a Truly peaceful world for everyone?'

2. Choose the words that will be used during the discussion, before the discussion takes place.

3. Reach agreement upon and acceptance, by everyone, of the definitions of those words.

4. Then, just discuss, peacefully of course, until 'the answer', to the question, has been reached.

Oh, and by the way, by just doing these four steps, 'creating peace, in harmony', is actually occurring, is being achieved, and thus has been reached, anyway. So, by just continually doing this with all 'goals', or accomplishments, being sought after, then 'world peace' will continue and prevail always.

Now, if anyone thinks or believes that this would not work, then I suggest just doing it, first, and then relaying back to 'us' why it did not work for 'you', that is; if it did not.

There is, literally, absolutely nothing hard nor complex in Life, nor in living. In fact, Life and living really is very simple, and very easy, indeed.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:07 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:13 pm The world is in a difficult place right now. What can each of us do to keep it from teetering off its axis?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
War and conflict, generally, happens because of miscommunication and misunderstanding.

World peace and harmony will begin, and will prevail, in and through clear communication and understanding.

Now, how the eternal peaceful and harmonious world will start, and remain, will be revealed through just a Truly open and honest peaceful discussion within a very easy and very simple four step process.

1. Choose 'the goal' of the discussion. For this example the discussion will be about, 'How can we create a Truly peaceful world for everyone?'

2. Choose the words that will be used during the discussion, before the discussion takes place.

3. Reach agreement upon and acceptance, by everyone, of the definitions of those words.

4. Then, just discuss, peacefully of course, until 'the answer', to the question, has been reached.

Oh, and by the way, by just doing these four steps, 'creating peace, in harmony', is actually occurring, is being achieved, and thus has been reached, anyway. So, by just continually doing this with all 'goals', or accomplishments, being sought after, then 'world peace' will continue and prevail always.

Now, if anyone thinks or believes that this would not work, then I suggest just doing it, first, and then relaying back to 'us' why it did not work for 'you', that is; if it did not.

There is, literally, absolutely nothing hard nor complex in Life, nor in living. In fact, Life and living really is very simple, and very easy, indeed.
Age, please help me with my clarifying question, I.e. what are some examples of words that would be chosen in Step 2 above, if the discussion were to be about world peace.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:41 pm
Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:07 am

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Age, please help me with my clarifying question, I.e. what are some examples of words that would be chosen in Step 2 above, if the discussion were to be about world peace.

Thank you in advance for your response.
I would start with all words.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I try to stay indoors as much as possible, so as not to make things any worse.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:38 am

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I try to stay indoors as much as possible, so as not to make things any worse.
Two raised fingers...in a "V," of course. ✌️

Child of the '60s. Sorry.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Why try to avoid the inevitable?

Furthermore, I think that it is all quite funny because it is so predictable what the next step is going to be. It is so obvious what the next move on the chessboard is going to be. You can almost not get it wrong. In fact, the world is getting more and more predictable.

So, the court in Saint Petersburg insists that, for the honor of the Russian nation, the imperial regiments cannot just keep retreating and must now make a stand. The current Fabian strategy -- no matter how effective -- is disgustingly dishonorable! So, His imperial Highness, Tsar Alexander, has decided to remove Barclay de Tolly from his command and to appoint Kutuzov and Prince Bagration in his stead in order to decisively engage Napoleon's Grande Armée in battle.

So, replace "Saint Petersburg" by "Tel Aviv" ( or "West Jerusalem") and then calculate the next predictable step.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

how do you "make" anything?

a question of forcing your will on everything/one else...

-Imp
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Understand what the truth is and find consensus in the truth.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Janoah wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:20 am

Thoughts? Suggestions?
But what if there’s no consensus to be found among bellicose nations, in spite of valid arguments on the value of peace for those nations? How would you propose finding consensus in the real world of conflicting agendas?

Post by Age »

Thoughts? Suggestions?
The actual Truth is found, and known, through consensus. See, only when all agree, then that is when the irrefutable Truth is Truly found, known, and understood. Understanding what 'the truth' is, is knowing 'truth' lies within consensus. And, if absolutely anyone disagrees with this and would like to have a Truly OPEN and Honest, peaceful, discussion, then by all means let us please do.

Consensus is not necessarily found in the truth, but the truth is found in consensus.
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

commonsense wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 pm

Thoughts? Suggestions?
But what if there’s no consensus to be found among bellicose nations, in spite of valid arguments on the value of peace for those nations? **
The peace is the consequence, and the cause is the truth.

They fight for their understanding of the truth, although this understanding may be perverted.

The achievement of peace cannot be sustainable until there is a consensus on the truth.
For their understanding of the truth they are ready to sacrifice peace and even life.

***How would you propose finding consensus in the real world of conflicting agendas?***

For example, I came to this forum to try to find a consensus on the truth, but here too my attempts are unsuccessful.
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:25 pm

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Consensus is not necessarily found in the truth, but the truth is found in consensus.
The truth remains the truth even on a desert island, where there is no one to reach a consensus with, remember Robinson Crusoe.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Janoah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 pm

But what if there’s no consensus to be found among bellicose nations, in spite of valid arguments on the value of peace for those nations? **

They fight for their understanding of the truth, although this understanding may be perverted.

The achievement of peace cannot be sustainable until there is a consensus on the truth.
For their understanding of the truth they are ready to sacrifice peace and even life.

***How would you propose finding consensus in the real world of conflicting agendas?***

For example, I came to this forum to try to find a consensus on the truth, but here too my attempts are unsuccessful.
I ask again: what if there is no consensus, as in the case of your unsuccessful attempts to find consensus on truth in this forum?

How would you create consensus if there are divergent opinions?

How would you overcome any perverted understandings of truth?
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

commonsense wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:07 pm
Janoah wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 pm

I ask again: what if there is no consensus, as in the case of your unsuccessful attempts to find consensus on truth in this forum?

How would you create consensus if there are divergent opinions?

How would you overcome any perverted understandings of truth?

I have only one answer to all these questions: continue philosophical discourses.
Meanwhile, the wars will continue.