Excel to Analyze Q Verses in 1400 Themes - Useless??

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

godelian

Re: Excel to Analyze Quranic Verses in 1400 Themes - Useless??

Post by godelian »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:27 am I am interest to know:
As a true believer, can you confirm you have entered into a contract 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' [divine covenant] with your God?

If you are not sure, you can research or ask in a Q&A.
I am interested in your personal take on the above issue.

Also are you aware of the contractual contents of the contract?
Example what are your expectations out of the contract in fulfilling the terms of the contract.
E.g. if you sign an employment contract, you will expect a salary and various employments benefits as an employee.
I think that the notion of a "contract with God" sounds a bit complicated. What enforceable obligations would God have towards me, and who is supposed to enforce all of that?

In my opinion, the notion of contract may not correctly, or not entirely, describe the relationship between a believer and God.

I believe that every misbehavior is pretty much its own punishment, while every good behavior is pretty much its own reward. There may, however, be a time lag, which can even span across successive lives. Ultimately, you are yourself the greatest beneficiary of keeping God's law.

You can also ask God for help, though. If there are enough degrees of freedom left in the situation, he may grant you your wish. But then again, be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.

In the circumstances described above, I do not see much how to fit in a contract or a tit-for-tat trade with God. I don't see God as a business partner, really. God is the lord of both worlds and creator of our universe. I confess to being just an utmost humble servant of our beloved Master..
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

godelian wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:18 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:27 am I am interest to know:
As a true believer, can you confirm you have entered into a contract 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' [divine covenant] with your God?

If you are not sure, you can research or ask in a Q&A.
I am interested in your personal take on the above issue.

Also are you aware of the contractual contents of the contract?
Example what are your expectations out of the contract in fulfilling the terms of the contract.
E.g. if you sign an employment contract, you will expect a salary and various employments benefits as an employee.
I think that the notion of a "contract with God" sounds a bit complicated. What enforceable obligations would God have towards me, and who is supposed to enforce all of that?

In my opinion, the notion of contract may not correctly, or not entirely, describe the relationship between a believer and God.

I believe that every misbehavior is pretty much its own punishment, while every good behavior is pretty much its own reward. There may, however, be a time lag, which can even span across successive lives. Ultimately, you are yourself the greatest beneficiary of keeping God's law.

You can also ask God for help, though. If there are enough degrees of freedom left in the situation, he may grant you your wish. But then again, be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.

In the circumstances described above, I do not see much how to fit in a contract or a tit-for-tat trade with God. I don't see God as a business partner, really. God is the lord of both worlds and creator of our universe. I confess to being just an utmost humble servant of our beloved Master..
I presumed you are familiar with the Principles of Contract, this is basic if you study Law of Contract.
https://www.a4id.org/wp-content/uploads ... glance.pdf

A contract need not be explicit and can be implied from circumstances.

If you are married officially, there is an implied contract with your wife.
Even without a marriage certificate, most court will confirm there is an implied contract if the couple had lived together for many years like ordinary husband/wife relationship with or without children.
Surely you [or any husband] do not consider your wife to be your business-partner in this case?

The proper terms with God is a covenant [a divine contract] i.e. 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' .
The term 'covenant' is a bit strange to many, so I use the synonym [contract] to highlight the imperative promises and obligations between the believers and God.

The terms 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' [divine covenant] are used many times in your holy text which literally state the bond, relation the believer have with God.
The point here is God had made the offer of a promise of eternal life in paradise with super rewards in exchange of the believer to be God's slave [abd عَبْد ] and comply with every terms of the covenant within the holy text.

It may be uncomfortable for you to be in a covenant [divine contract] and be a slave to your God, but you cannot deny that because it is literally true as they are God's words in the holy text.

As a true believer [as with all believers], can you confirm you have entered into a covenant 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' [divine covenant] with your God?
That you as a believer MUST comply [to the best of your abilities] to the terms of the covenant* i.e. 'ahd' and 'mīthāq.
Can you confirm the above?

I suppose you will surely want to be a serious believer, [as with most], thus, you'll need to know the precise relation [covenanted, bonded, contracted] you have with God to reap the promised benefits as a believer.
In the terms of the covenant, it is recognized that God is the Greatest, i.e. omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and omni-whatever that make God the Greatest of the Greats.

Enforcement??
It is also stated in the holy texts you shall be judged, not now, but on Judgment Day by God who is omnipresent thus has a record of all your doings [good & bad, compliances & noncompliances with the terms of the covenant].
Believers who do not comply with the terms of the covenant [contract] with God will be sent to Hell* and be burnt again and again in eternal hellfire.
* punishment may vary with the degree of seriousness of the terms.
Punishment and suffering in Hell, in mainstream Islam, is physical, psychological, and spiritual, and varies according to the sins of the condemned person.[9][10] Its excruciating pain and horror described in the Qur'an often parallels the pleasure and delights of Paradise (jannah).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahannam#:
godelian

Post by godelian »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am A contract need not be explicit and can be implied from circumstances.
A contract is about mutual obligations. What are God's obligations in the contract? Who is supposed to enforce them?
I do not see some pattern of mutual obligations in the relationship between believer and God.
That is why I am not particularly big on covenant theology.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am If you are married officially, there is an implied contract with your wife.
Even without a marriage certificate, most court will confirm there is an implied contract if the couple had lived together for many years like ordinary husband/wife relationship with or without children.
The typical, traditional pattern is indeed one of mutual obligations. The man counts on regular sexual tension relief and possibly other benefits and the woman counts on regular financial tension relief and possibly other benefits. In the modern, western pattern, marriage is no longer a contract, because there are no benefits in marriage for the man, but only a set of one-sided obligations. Hence, modern, western marriage is de facto an invalid contract.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am As a true believer [as with all believers], can you confirm you have entered into a covenant 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' [divine covenant] with your God?
There is nothing enforceable about the arrangement. Therefore, I do not view it as a contract.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am That you as a believer MUST comply [to the best of your abilities] to the terms of the covenant* i.e. 'ahd' and 'mīthāq.
As I have already pointed out, the beneficiary of the practice of keeping God's law is believer himself. Some benefits will accrue to him later in this life. Some will accrue to him in a later life. The idea that God would be the beneficiary of the practice of keeping God's law does not make sense in my opinion.

Besides that, this is not a practical jurisprudential question for which I would search the database. I am certainly not looking for clarification on the matter, because I consider the issue to be mostly irrelevant. If it isn't irrelevant, which I seriously doubt, I would have to see a serious jurisprudential ruling on the matter.

You seem to misunderstand how these things work. If I want clarification, I will take the initiative by myself to search the database. However, I am not interested in clarification because I do not even see the relevance to any practical situation in my personal environment. Religion is not some kind of opportunity for giving or receiving unsolicited advice.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

godelian wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:03 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am A contract need not be explicit and can be implied from circumstances.
A contract is about mutual obligations. What are God's obligations in the contract? Who is supposed to enforce them?
I do not see some pattern of mutual obligations in the relationship between believer and God.
I suggest you read up on the principles of contract law.
God in the holy texts promise the believer eternal life in paradise.
Thus God is obliged to give the believer eternal life in paradise [with 72 virgins, etc.].
The believer is obliged to comply [to the best of his abilities] with all the terms of the covenant stipulated by God.
For the believer the enforcement is judged on Judgment Day by the omniscient God; since God is the greatest of the greats, there is no other to oversee God's promise.

You have no choice, if you are a true believer, then you have to enter into a covenant [divine contract] with your God as stipulated by the words of God in the holy text.

Btw, do you claim to be a true Muslim?
If so, how can you be a true Muslim without entering into a covenant with your God in accordance with the holy texts sent by God?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am If you are married officially, there is an implied contract with your wife.
The typical, traditional pattern is indeed one of mutual obligations. The man counts on regular sexual tension relief and possibly other benefits and the woman counts on regular financial tension relief and possibly other benefits. In the modern, western pattern, marriage is no longer a contract, because there are no benefits in marriage for the man, but only a set of one-sided obligations. Hence, modern, western marriage is de facto an invalid contract.
Whatever, there are existing laws all over the world in establish what is an an explicit or implicit contract in relation to marriage.
The essential Shari'ah elements of a valid contract are by and large similar to those under Common Law, namely: Offer and acceptance (Ijab wa Qabul) – one party to the contract makes an offer while the other party accepts the offer.
I believe the same principles of law of contract are applied to marriage as well.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am As a true believer [as with all believers], can you confirm you have entered into a covenant 'ahd' and 'mīthāq' [divine covenant] with your God?
There is nothing enforceable about the arrangement. Therefore, I do not view it as a contract.
Do you believe in your holy text from your God is true?
If so, the terms of enforcement is defined in the contract.
If a believer do not comply with the terms of the contract, he will be sent to hell and be burnt with eternal fire.
If a believer comply with the terms of the contract, he will have a clear passage to paradise and have eternal life.

Since you think there is no enforcement, as a believer would you defy the terms of your contract to drink alcohol, eat pork, and commit all sort of sins stipulated in the holy texts.
If as a believer you do not commit the above sins, what is the enforcement that deter you from committing the above sin?
The general view of your religion, God is the enforcer with threat of hell and hellfire.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am That you as a believer MUST comply [to the best of your abilities] to the terms of the covenant* i.e. 'ahd' and 'mīthāq.
As I have already pointed out, the beneficiary of the practice of keeping God's law is believer himself. Some benefits will accrue to him later in this life. Some will accrue to him in a later life. The idea that God would be the beneficiary of the practice of keeping God's law does not make sense in my opinion.
As a fallible human you cannot think for God what is His benefits.
God has his reasons in expecting believers to comply with his commands are stipulated in his holy book.
Besides that, this is not a practical jurisprudential question for which I would search the database. I am certainly not looking for clarification on the matter, because I consider the issue to be mostly irrelevant. If it isn't irrelevant, which I seriously doubt, I would have to see a serious jurisprudential ruling on the matter.

You seem to misunderstand how these things work. If I want clarification, I will take the initiative by myself to search the database. However, I am not interested in clarification because I do not even see the relevance to any practical situation in my personal environment. Religion is not some kind of opportunity for giving or receiving unsolicited advice.
Searching for answer in a database in not an obligation in the terms of the covenant.

What is overriding are the terms of covenant in the holy texts.
Searching the database is merely seeking guidance on how to comply with the terms of contract.
You don't seem to understand how to the a true believer.

Btw, do you look forward to going to paradise with eternal life after physical death?
You should know that it is God that can grant you the passage to paradise with eternal life.
How you can qualify for God to grant you that passage is conditioned upon the terms set up by God in the holy texts?
It is not a hit and miss, then hope affair.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:39 am
godelian wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:03 am
I suggest you read up on the principles of contract law.
God in the holy texts promise the believer eternal life in paradise.
Thus God is obliged to give the believer eternal life in paradise [with 72 virgins, etc.].
The believer is obliged to comply [to the best of his abilities] with all the terms of the covenant stipulated by God.
For the believer the enforcement is judged on Judgment Day by the omniscient God; since God is the greatest of the greats, there is no other to oversee God's promise.

You have no choice, if you are a true believer, then you have to enter into a covenant [divine contract] with your God as stipulated by the words of God in the holy text.

Btw, do you claim to be a true Muslim?
If so, how can you be a true Muslim without entering into a covenant with your God in accordance with the holy texts sent by God?
Whatever, there are existing laws all over the world in establish what is an an explicit or implicit contract in relation to marriage.
The essential Shari'ah elements of a valid contract are by and large similar to those under Common Law, namely: Offer and acceptance (Ijab wa Qabul) – one party to the contract makes an offer while the other party accepts the offer.
I believe the same principles of law of contract are applied to marriage as well.
Do you believe in your holy text from your God is true?
If so, the terms of enforcement is defined in the contract.
If a believer do not comply with the terms of the contract, he will be sent to hell and be burnt with eternal fire.
If a believer comply with the terms of the contract, he will have a clear passage to paradise and have eternal life.

Since you think there is no enforcement, as a believer would you defy the terms of your contract to drink alcohol, eat pork, and commit all sort of sins stipulated in the holy texts.
If as a believer you do not commit the above sins, what is the enforcement that deter you from committing the above sin?
The general view of your religion, God is the enforcer with threat of hell and hellfire.
As a fallible human you cannot think for God what is His benefits.
God has his reasons in expecting believers to comply with his commands are stipulated in his holy book.

Searching for answer in a database in not an obligation in the terms of the covenant.

What is overriding are the terms of covenant in the holy texts.
Searching the database is merely seeking guidance on how to comply with the terms of contract.
You don't seem to understand how to the a true believer.

Btw, do you look forward to going to paradise with eternal life after physical death?
You should know that it is God that can grant you the passage to paradise with eternal life.
How you can qualify for God to grant you that passage is conditioned upon the terms set up by God in the holy texts?
It is not a hit and miss, then hope affair.
What makes you believe that I would need unsolicited advice in matters of religion, especially from a self-avowed atheist? Furthermore, I choose the topics that I want to research in religion, and I only want answers from the database that I choose by myself.

Seriously, you are worse than the Catholic clergy!

But probably less incompetent.

I still have to meet someone more incompetent than the Catholic clergy. Maybe the Protestant clergy?