Sex and the Religious-Left

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Sex and the Religious-Left

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm The fare is in town, and although I've never liked travelling fun fares, I'm tempted to check this one out. 🤔

Fare1.jpg
You''l be lucky.
How many tickles do you get a £20?
Ticklecock
Ticklecock
aaa.jpg (3.78 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am
promethean75 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:53 pm Yeah I'm with Gary. Anybody can be an 'excellent gentlemen' if they have the money. Culture and nobility isn't determined by genetics or education - that's a myth - but by wallet size.

Any man who makes a hunerd dollars or more an hour is capable of being an excellent gentlemen. Financially able, i mean. Duddint mean he'll ever become more than a tasteless uncultured pleb. He may squander his financial power on superfluous things or have substantial debt, continue shopping at Walmart, voting republican and watching wrestling on TV. But the money is there. He just spends it wrongly on uncultured things that keep him heathen.

Alls I'm saying is it's the money that makes the circumstances possible for excellence and excellent gentlemen.
That's not true at all.

Nobility transcends Class. There are Noble souls who are poor, who are middle class, who are rich. Money makes little difference, if any. In fact, more wealth might make it harder for the Noble, because it extends his Duties and Responsibilities. A Noble soul is one which people and the masses gravitate around, for leadership, for purpose, for meaning.
you are sad
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am By the way, the Religious-Left obviously gained a great notoriety and wealth by 'rebelling' against the Classical Music of the Religious-Right and Conservative-Right...but that only demonstrates how the Left are generally inferior at Music, compared to the great, traditional works of Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Etc.

The Conservative-Right still dominates the Arts, despite Iwan claiming otherwise, or that culture only 'shifts' Leftward.

Anderson Cooper, ha, how soon will he be forgotten to History? For true skill, power, movement, inspiration, only the Far-Right traditions have lasting power.

If you can't play the piano, then you can't really play music, sorry.
I'd hate to be you.
You poor thing- so confused by your own prejudices.
One day all these confusions are going to come brashing together, and the phantoms of your brain are going to do you damage, if it has not already happened.

Beethoven was a left wing atheist.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm The fare is in town, and although I've never liked travelling fun fares, I'm tempted to check this one out. 🤔

You''l be lucky.
How many tickles do you get a £20?

I'm hoping they offer a pensioner's discount.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am Nobility transcends Class. There are Noble souls who are poor, who are middle class, who are rich. Money makes little difference, if any. In fact, more wealth might make it harder for the Noble, because it extends his Duties and Responsibilities. A Noble soul is one which people and the masses gravitate around, for leadership, for purpose, for meaning.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm you are sad
What a strange comment. What Wizard wrote is perfectly true. Nobility of spirit, nobility of good intentions, nobility if decency, nobility of honorability and trustworthiness: these do not depend on one’s wealth. They are choices that people make because they hold themselves to a standard outside of themselves. And parents in families teach those values to their children.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am By the way, the Religious-Left obviously gained a great notoriety and wealth by 'rebelling' against the Classical Music of the Religious-Right and Conservative-Right...but that only demonstrates how the Left are generally inferior at Music, compared to the great, traditional works of Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, Etc.

The Conservative-Right still dominates the Arts, despite Iwan claiming otherwise, or that culture only 'shifts' Leftward.

Anderson Cooper, ha, how soon will he be forgotten to History? For true skill, power, movement, inspiration, only the Far-Right traditions have lasting power.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm
I'd hate to be you. You poor thing — so confused by your own prejudices. One day all these confusions are going to come brashing together, and the phantoms of your brain are going to do you damage, if it has not already happened.

I’d hate to have written your post! 😇

Some Beethoven quotes:
“My chief aim was to awaken and permanently instill religious feelings not only into the singers but also into the listeners.”
Another example of Beethoven’s active Christian faith can be seen in his writings from 1801. Ludwig had fallen in love with a woman, but their affections were prohibited because she was of a higher social class. After dedicating his “Moonlight Sonata” to her, he wrote:

“No friend have I. I must live by myself alone; but I know well that God is nearer to me than others in my art, so I will walk fearlessly with Him.”
Was Beethoven a Believer? The Case of the “Missa Solemnis”
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am Nobility transcends Class. There are Noble souls who are poor, who are middle class, who are rich. Money makes little difference, if any. In fact, more wealth might make it harder for the Noble, because it extends his Duties and Responsibilities. A Noble soul is one which people and the masses gravitate around, for leadership, for purpose, for meaning.
What a strange comment. What Wizard wrote is perfectly true. Nobility of spirit, nobility of good intentions, nobility if decency, nobility of honorability and trustworthiness: these do not depend on one’s wealth. They are choices that people make because they hold themselves to a standard outside of themselves. And parents in families teach those values to their children.
You should have linked to some stirring music to accompany that. I'm getting emotional, now. :cry:
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm You should have linked to some stirring music to accompany that. I'm getting emotional, now. :cry:
Promethean posted a stunning video just a few posts up. The dancers, so-so, but the soundtrack was transcendental.

I’ll bet you the musician who laid down the track had his spirit-eyes fixed on a world beyond ….
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm You should have linked to some stirring music to accompany that. I'm getting emotional, now. :cry:
Promethean posted a stunning video just a few posts up. The dancers, so-so, but the soundtrack was transcendental.

I’ll bet you the musician who laid down the track had his spirit-eyes fixed on a world beyond ….
It wasn't until I started putting video clips and music together that I realised how big an effect each has on the other. I think they kind of go together.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm
I'd hate to be you. You poor thing — so confused by your own prejudices. One day all these confusions are going to come brashing together, and the phantoms of your brain are going to do you damage, if it has not already happened.

I’d hate to have written your post! 😇

Some Beethoven quotes:
“My chief aim was to awaken and permanently instill religious feelings not only into the singers but also into the listeners.”
Another example of Beethoven’s active Christian faith can be seen in his writings from 1801. Ludwig had fallen in love with a woman, but their affections were prohibited because she was of a higher social class. After dedicating his “Moonlight Sonata” to her, he wrote:

“No friend have I. I must live by myself alone; but I know well that God is nearer to me than others in my art, so I will walk fearlessly with Him.”
Was Beethoven a Believer? The Case of the “Missa Solemnis”
"Active Christian faith" - it was not. It's just a way of talking. We all do it, when you stub your toe and cry Jesus.
missa solemnis was just a job
LVB scorned the priesthood, and church.
His greatest work the 9th is the greatest humanist work of art of all time.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm"Active Christian faith" — it was not. It's just a way of talking. We all do it, when you stub your toe and cry Jesus.
Because you are an atheist, and because you have therefore no conception of what a life of faith snd spirituality is or even could be (it could only be illusion in your view) you cannot see the type or quality of belief and faith that he did have. Since the entire idea of ‘inspiration’ from a divine source is thoroughly inconceivable to you as a core axiom, you project yourself onto (into) Beethoven, assuming you can explain him.

I point this out — you will shoot back something or other at me — because all those who say they are atheists (on this forum) are by some mechanism in themselves incapable of understanding faithful, religious and spiritual men and must reinterpret them into terms that make sense — but which is a reflection in their own mirror.

It seems The better description of Beethoven is of a deeply (radically?) spiritual believer, a Christian naturally, but who had (let’s say) legitimate issues with Church hierarchy. That could, in some eyes, make him that much more a genuine believer.
Missa solemnis was just a job. LVB scorned the priesthood, and church. His greatest work the 9th is the greatest humanist work of art of all time.
To be humanist is in no way that I can see mutually exclusive of faith, spirituality or religiousness.

That you define yourself as an atheist humanist is certainly likely to be true. But it is doubted (from where I sit) that your self-definition necessarily extends to Beethoven.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm
You should have linked to some stirring music to accompany that. I'm getting emotional, now. :cry:
Harbal finally gettin ghis tickets for "Cocktickle" and getting help readin the small print..
hay.jpg
hay.jpg (21.2 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:07 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Harbal finally gettin ghis tickets for "Cocktickle" and getting help readin the small print..

hay.jpg
Yes, it seems I made a mistake. Ticklecock turns out to be the name of the fun fare, not one of the attractions. :(
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

There is a lot of truth in this statement but its opposite must also be considered because it exists in volumes. Why would so many souls who, no doubt, consider themselves noble with the best of intentions, congregate around a thoroughly classless piece of human crud like Trump who manifests his deficiencies every time he opens his mouth; one who is bereft of every single virtue humans normally respond to. What, pray, is the purpose and meaning in that? What makes the masses gravitate around such an exemplar of human deformity? It amounts to a paradox mentioned many times...more so that it's the evangelical Christians who are among his main supporters, adopting him as the new Messiah of Christian virtues. It only proves once again how religion overall, but especially in the U.S. has drowned almost every one of its professed historic merits into a cesspool or could it be it never arose from there in the first place, openly demonstrating that by its deficiency new realignments are in the works opposite to what the Constitution upholds but mostly the ecumenical responsibilities it has voluntarily adopted and instigated since the end of WWII.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Dubious wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:03 amThere is a lot of truth in this statement but its opposite must also be considered because it exists in volumes. Why would so many souls who, no doubt, consider themselves noble with the best of intentions, congregate around a thoroughly classless piece of human crud like Trump who manifests his deficiencies every time he opens his mouth; one who is bereft of every single virtue humans normally respond to. What, pray, is the purpose and meaning in that? What makes the masses gravitate around such an exemplar of human deformity? It amounts to a paradox mentioned many times...more so that it's the evangelical Christians who are among his main supporters, adopting him as the new Messiah of Christian virtues. It only proves once again how religion overall, but especially in the U.S. has drowned almost every one of its professed historic merits into a cesspool or could it be it never arose from there in the first place, openly demonstrating that by its deficiency new realignments are in the works opposite to what the Constitution upholds but mostly the ecumenical responsibilities it has voluntarily adopted and instigated since the end of WWII.
Here is Trump's character before he was smeared and turned on by the Liberal press:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ7ibdCVGcw)

Liberal-Leftist-Democrat-Marxists all seem to have goldfish memory. I'm old enough to remember when the Liberal-press loved Donald Trump. Remember, that's YOUR side. Trump had Oprah interviews. Trump had interviews on The View. Trump was loved and adored by the Far-Leftists. ...this was before he ran for President.

So this only proves that the love-hate relationship toward Trump, the Trump-Derangement-Syndrome, is purely political, purely for show. That's why the Left can claim to "love" somebody one minute—and hate them the next.

It's purely political power, partisanship.

Furthermore, this old Rona Barrett interview demonstrates and proves that Trump is a romantic-idealist. He believed/still believes in, the "American Dream". Many cynics and pessimists, especially the Washington DC political class, do not. Most Leftists, do not.