Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Time for Moderator Approval?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

:|
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:52 am Have 'you' SEEN 'the MESS' 'the world' IS IN, in the days when this is being written? Mostly CAUSED by adult human beings INABILITY TO 'communicate' WITH "each other" properly AND correctly.
That's the fairytale you believe in, but actually you have no idea how the world works. Non-autistics can communicate just fine with each other, that's not what causes 'the mess' 'the world' is in. If only it was that simple lol.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm
Age wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:52 am Have 'you' SEEN 'the MESS' 'the world' IS IN, in the days when this is being written? Mostly CAUSED by adult human beings INABILITY TO 'communicate' WITH "each other" properly AND correctly.
That's the fairytale you believe in, but actually you have no idea how the world works.
OBVIOUSLY 'you' ARE ABSOLUTELY Wrong AGAIN here "atla".
Atla wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm Non-autistics can communicate just fine with each other,
LOL

REALLY?

And who would you now like to CLAIM are these so-called and so-labeled 'non-autistics', EXACTLY?

By the way, most people KNOW that there IS A DIFFERENCE between 'just fine' AND 'properly and correctly'. But 'you', 'atla", are obviously NOT 'most people', right?
Atla wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm that's not what causes 'the mess' 'the world' is in. If only it was that simple lol.
Okay so what was causing 'the mess' that 'the world' was IN, EXACTLY, back in the days when this was being written?

AND, by the way, ABSOLUTELY EVERY 'thing' IS FAR SIMPLER and FAR EASIER than you IMAGINE and BELIEVE that it is.
rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

Age wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:15 am
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:28 am
Age wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:41 pm
What do you mean by 'this world'?
Thanks for your reply. By "this world" I mean the observable universe as a scientist would call it. What in this world is original?
I am not sure what you mean by 'original' here.

The two 'things', which exist in the 'observable universe', and thus in the Universe, Itself, are the two 'things', which exist ALWAYS, and it could be argued in ALL WAYS. They are 'matter' AND 'space', which it could be said do exist in their 'original state'. But, in the infinite and eternal Universe 'original' is a term and word that needs to be delved into and explained further.
By original I mean the first instance of a specific pattern. This is in the context of a very speculative and broad question. I've alluded to the extreme of a world in which is simply repeating a deterministic series of events that has already happened in another identical world. In that case nothing is original. But let's say hypothetically that our observable universe is the only universe of space and matter that has ever existed. Let's furthermore hypothetically say that humans were not the first self-aware intelligent life who created machines with tools. Then in that case that what is original here on Earth is the specific family stories of humans such as how they met and interacted with each other. But humans them selves would not be original in that there would be other planets with intelligent animals that came first.
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:28 am For example, if we exist after an infinity of time has already happened, then perhaps everything has already happened at least once.
It is theoretically possible, although probably extremely unlikely.

Also, 'after an infinity of time has already happened', is not a very good nor Accurate 'description' of what ACTUALLY happens and occurs.

That 'this very precise moment' what is ACTUALLY happening and occurring 'now' perhaps previously happened at least once might be a better and/or more accurate description of what you are trying to get at here. But, that 'this' being actually physically able to happen or occur would be up for further investigation. I am not yet sure that 'this' could actually be physically or empirically even possible or not.

If 'this' could be empirically possible, or not, would 'this' have any bearing on absolutely ANY 'thing' here?
Your more accurate description of a repeating universe is what I meant. Sometimes people want to be first to do or be something. If everything has already been done then shifting focus to another goal or at least re-framing their goals with that in mind might be helpful for them.

Post by Age »

rootseeker wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:13 pm
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:28 am

Thanks for your reply. By "this world" I mean the observable universe as a scientist would call it. What in this world is original?
I am not sure what you mean by 'original' here.

The two 'things', which exist in the 'observable universe', and thus in the Universe, Itself, are the two 'things', which exist ALWAYS, and it could be argued in ALL WAYS. They are 'matter' AND 'space', which it could be said do exist in their 'original state'. But, in the infinite and eternal Universe 'original' is a term and word that needs to be delved into and explained further.
By original I mean the first instance of a specific pattern.
BUT BECAUSE the Universe IS ETERNAL, the ONLY so-called 'first instance of a specific patter' would relate to 'that pattern', which EXISTS, FOREVER. Which is JUST the ALWAYS CONSTANTLY-CHANGING 'pattern' or the 'original CONSTANT-CHANGING 'state' that the Universe, Itself, IS IN. This is HOW the ALWAYS EVOLVING-CREATION 'pattern' WORKS, EXACTLY. 'This' is what IS 'original'.

By the way, WHY do 'you' only want to FIND what is so-called 'original' in A TINY FRACTION of the Universe, Itself?
This is in the context of a very speculative and broad question. I've alluded to the extreme of a world in which is simply repeating a deterministic series of events that has already happened in another identical world.
But WHY ALLUDE to some 'thing' that you could NEVER KNOW was even true or NOT?

AND, what has the OBVIOUSLY 'deterministic series of events' got TO DO WITH some IMAGINED 'identical world' scenarios ANYWAY?
In that case nothing is original.
To you can absolutely ANY 'thing' be so-called 'original' in an ETERNAL Place?

If yes, then what COULD, EXACTLY?

But if no, then so be it. The Universe IS ETERNAL, so NOTHING IS 'original', to you.
But let's say hypothetically that our observable universe is the only universe of space and matter that has ever existed.
Okay. BUT WHY?

WHY look AT some 'thing' here that IS OBVIOUSLY NOT True?
Let's furthermore hypothetically say that humans were not the first self-aware intelligent life who created machines with tools.
'you', human beings, in the days when this was being written were STILL NOT YET 'self-aware life', let alone 'concluding' that 'you' were 'the first'. BUT 'this' is YOUR 'hypothetical story', so let 'us' continue.
Then in that case that what is original here on Earth is the specific family stories of humans such as how they met and interacted with each other. But humans them selves would not be original in that there would be other planets with intelligent animals that came first.
OR, in YOUR 'hypothetical scenarios' here a 'self-aware intelligent life who created machines with tools' could have come BEFORE 'you', human beings, on earth, but which 'you' were just NOT YET AWARE OF.

But, ANYWAY what WAS the PURPOSE of 'this hypothetical situation and story' here?
For example, if we exist after an infinity of time has already happened, then perhaps everything has already happened at least once.
It is theoretically possible, although probably extremely unlikely.

Also, 'after an infinity of time has already happened', is not a very good nor Accurate 'description' of what ACTUALLY happens and occurs.

That 'this very precise moment' what is ACTUALLY happening and occurring 'now' perhaps previously happened at least once might be a better and/or more accurate description of what you are trying to get at here. But, that 'this' being actually physically able to happen or occur would be up for further investigation. I am not yet sure that 'this' could actually be physically or empirically even possible or not.

If 'this' could be empirically possible, or not, would 'this' have any bearing on absolutely ANY 'thing' here?
Your more accurate description of a repeating universe is what I meant. Sometimes people want to be first to do or be something.
And?
rootseeker wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:13 pm If everything has already been done then shifting focus to another goal or at least re-framing their goals with that in mind might be helpful for them.
LOL BUT HOW WOULD ANY one KNOW what 'EXACT OTHER GOAL' TO SHIFT FOCUS ON, EXACTLY? Especially considering the Fact that 'they' would NOT KNOW what has NOT ALREADY HAPPENED. Which, by the way, you just STARTED 'your' sentence here WITH, 'If EVERYTHING has ALREADY BEEN DONE', so this WOULD MEAN that there is ABSOLUTELY and OBVIOUSLY NOT 'another goal' that absolutely ANY could SHIFT FOCUS TO. AS ALL GOALS WOULD HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED, or BEEN DONE, OBVIOUSLY.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm
That's the fairytale you believe in, but actually you have no idea how the world works. Non-autistics can communicate just fine with each other, that's not what causes 'the mess' 'the world' is in. If only it was that simple lol.
Yes, this is related to the 'really, deep down, we are all the same' hallucination. If we just understood what other people meant we'd all get along well - not to mention all the problems caused because of what people do manage to collaborate on.
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Though you are likely not going to be able to see this, same here....sort of.

I posted 2 times. One was approved and the other one appears (appears) to have been missed by the MOD.

I PM'd using the "Contact" button.

Thought of dropping a letter to the site owner. May still.

BC7
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Hi there, I'm the Admin (and the publisher of Philosophy Now). Please do tell me about it here. Next time I'm here I'll check this thread to see if you have posted.

Generally when somebody joins the Philosophy Now forum, the first post they make has to be approved by a mod before it becomes visible. Subsequent posts then appear immediately, and automatically.

We have a relatively new problem with the forum at the moment, in that the number of spam accounts being registered has dramatically increased, and the quality of their posts (which we have to assess in order to approve them or not) is far higher than before, presumably because the spammers are now employing AI chatbots. Sometimes it is really hard to tell if some new forum member is human or AI! The quantity of new accounts being registered also makes it hard for us to keep up, either with approving posts or with reading messages. My apologies for that. We're thinking about it.... Any suggestions welcomed!
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Rick,

Thank you! Very interesting.

I am a bit tied up right now.

I'll catch up with you soon.

Thank you for your reply.

Mark

P.S.: I am really a human, not a bot of any kind. LOL! Talk with you soon......
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Hi Rick,

I am back. The issue was/is, I posted several times in here. Only one of the posts was "released" so others can see it. After the 1st approval, I thought I was "good" for any subsequent postings. For the subsequent posts did not appear to the general public. Jus ti ncase, I cleared out my cookies and the subsequent posts were not appearing. They seem to be fine now.

RE: AI & Spam Accounts

"Internet Brands Automotive" is a company that owns hundreds of forums like this one. I am a Moderator at their Harley Davidson forum which as you can imagine is mega-huge and they are all over this (for years) like white on rice. I can't share with you the details bcs I do not know them and what goes on behind the scenes, I can't talk about being sworn to secrecy. My point being my friend, you may benefit by contacting them and seeing what they will share with you.

As well, there may be a location where forum owners have their own website where they can share solutions to issues. For example, maybe you can have one of your present Moderators reply in a timely manner to each new account with an IMAGE of a simple math problem like how much is 2+3. <-- In the image, the "2" is numeric and the 3 it written out. A human would reply with the number "5". Then you will know it is a human/legitimate account. I do not believe AI's can presently discern replies to their initial post with an image containing a numeric and written number.

Timeliness:
Lastly Rick, when it took so long for you to get back to me, (for anyone to get back to me) I was saddened at what appeared to be apathy. Ergo, I stopped coming here. I know you may be super busy or maybe frustrated by the botting issues.... but maybe you can get on your Moderators to watch for this and other threads. To help the newbees here move along. There are things to do to increase the activity here like:

1. Add other forums that could be of interest outside of "Philosophy". A humor area. Off Topic area. Etc... <-- This will throw a wider net of interest to others.

2. Send out a survey asking for suggestions. What works. What does not work. What would they the poster like to see changed.

Please understand, everything above are heartfelt suggests in hopes for your forum to grow. You seem to need an infusion of changes (IMO) to get your post count up. I would not "complain" without sharing "suggestions" as I have above. Kindly accept the above as suggestions, food for thought (I like creativity) and certainly not criticisms.

My very best,

BuzzCap7