The Binary Political "Spectrum"

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The Binary Political "Spectrum"

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:31 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am
Yes, there's no us and them, there's Age and us.
This is absolutely False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect, as well.

When will these people, and this one more so, going to learn to seek out and obtain actual clarity before they make Wrong and Incorrect conclusions?

Once again, if they did, then they would not be so Wrong, so often.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am Age is not one of us.
"iwannaplato" is absolutely delusional here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am You can see this clearly asserted or unavoidably implicit (as in the post above) in many of his posts and, ironically, even though he does not consider himself human or one of us, he still manages to judge, criticize and ridicule humans.
This one even claims that, 'you can see 'this' clearly asserted', yet 'this' have never ever been alluded to, let alone so-called 'clearly asserted'.

This one is showing and proving just how 'delusional' one can and does become when they presume, believe, and/or conclude things before they seek out, obtain, and gain actual clarity first.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am Here's an example from a couple of years back:
LOL What has this got to do with anything here?

"bahman" claimed that the whole Universe would just stop without some 'substance', which is called 'time'.
Not providing any answer that proves that there is a 'substance' called 'time' is
Therefore, making the claim without ever providing a 'substantial' answer that 'time', itself, is even a 'substance' is just a Truly stupid, or imbecilic thing to do.

This is NOT 'judging', 'criticizing', nor 'ridiculing' any one.

This is JUST showing that this one is CLOSED.

Any 'judging', 'criticizing', or 'ridiculing' here is just what exists in the imagination of some individual human beings only.

Again, I will suggest one 'looks at' and 'reads' 'my words' not from a prejudiced, presumptive, nor pre-existing views/beliefs perspective.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am He did stop random capitalization, but the judgment, etc. continues.
The kind of judgment that you are referring to here exists in your's and maybe some other's imagination only.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am Perhaps this is a trait that is poignantly human. To see yourself as having transcended or being transcendent from humans, and, actually being quite human after all.
Once again, this one has, again, gone on some sort of tangent, and just getting further and further away from the actual Truth because of its pre-existing False, Wrong, or Incorrect beliefs and/or presumptions here
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am How many humans have fallen from this not so high place.
It does not matter, because your assumptions and beliefs here are, once again, Wrong.
Sometimes, life seems like a game of one-upmanship or king of the hill.
'Life', Itself, is never what you say It seems like to you here.

How 'life' seems like to you, sometimes, is only because of how you are thinking or feeling, at those times.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am Other times life seems like something else entirely. Sometimes it even seems like we're all living in some kind of simulation. I saw a clip where Neil Degrasse Tyson speculated that we could all be living in a simulation. He gave it 50/50 odds of being true. David Chalmers also has mentioned something similar about living in a simulation I believe.
What does it matter if you human beings are living in a simulation? The simulation is still within the Universe, Itself, which is obviously Real, and True.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am I saw Brian Greene (spelling?) talking about being a "Boltzmann Brain". And I have to ask myself, is it possible for a "simulation" to be conscious? I know I'm conscious. but can a simulation be conscious?
What would that matter? Whoever or whatever created 'the simulation', within the Universe, Itself, was, or still is, conscious.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am Or is the simulation some sort of facade that we are all living in and don't realize it?
Well, if you are living in a simulation, then you are, partly anyway, realizing it, or presuming it anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am It reminds me of the episode of Star Trek the Next Generation where the "holodeck" goes haywire and the characters in it becomes real. There's something going on in this world. I don't know what, but there's something odd about a lot of things right now to me.
There is actually nothing 'odd' about anything 'right now'. Although there is obviously something going on.

Now, what is actually going on is the Universe, Itself, is in a state of constant-change, always.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am And, honestly, I don't know what to think or do. It's weird. I mean do Neil Tyson, David Chalmers and Brian Greene actually believe their musings? Or is there something about their musings which tells of something beyond.
Those people, just like you, are just having 'your views' manipulated, controlled, affected, or influenced by what the boy has previously experienced. If, for example, you were brought up in a time when there were none of those episodes nor none of those people talking about 'simulations', then you would not be thinking and talking like you are here, 'right now'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm
Age wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:31 am

When will these people, and this one more so, going to learn to seek out and obtain actual clarity before they make Wrong and Incorrect conclusions?

Once again, if they did, then they would not be so Wrong, so often.

This one even claims that, 'you can see 'this' clearly asserted', yet 'this' have never ever been alluded to, let alone so-called 'clearly asserted'.

This one is showing and proving just how 'delusional' one can and does become when they presume, believe, and/or conclude things before they seek out, obtain, and gain actual clarity first.

"bahman" claimed that the whole Universe would just stop without some 'substance', which is called 'time'.
Not providing any answer that proves that there is a 'substance' called 'time' is
Therefore, making the claim without ever providing a 'substantial' answer that 'time', itself, is even a 'substance' is just a Truly stupid, or imbecilic thing to do.

Any 'judging', 'criticizing', or 'ridiculing' here is just what exists in the imagination of some individual human beings only.

Again, I will suggest one 'looks at' and 'reads' 'my words' not from a prejudiced, presumptive, nor pre-existing views/beliefs perspective.

The kind of judgment that you are referring to here exists in your's and maybe some other's imagination only.

Once again, this one has, again, gone on some sort of tangent, and just getting further and further away from the actual Truth because of its pre-existing False, Wrong, or Incorrect beliefs and/or presumptions here

It does not matter, because your assumptions and beliefs here are, once again, Wrong.

How 'life' seems like to you, sometimes, is only because of how you are thinking or feeling, at those times.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am Other times life seems like something else entirely. Sometimes it even seems like we're all living in some kind of simulation. I saw a clip where Neil Degrasse Tyson speculated that we could all be living in a simulation. He gave it 50/50 odds of being true. David Chalmers also has mentioned something similar about living in a simulation I believe.
What does it matter if you human beings are living in a simulation? The simulation is still within the Universe, Itself, which is obviously Real, and True.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am I saw Brian Greene (spelling?) talking about being a "Boltzmann Brain". And I have to ask myself, is it possible for a "simulation" to be conscious? I know I'm conscious. but can a simulation be conscious?
What would that matter? Whoever or whatever created 'the simulation', within the Universe, Itself, was, or still is, conscious.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am Or is the simulation some sort of facade that we are all living in and don't realize it?
Well, if you are living in a simulation, then you are, partly anyway, realizing it, or presuming it anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am It reminds me of the episode of Star Trek the Next Generation where the "holodeck" goes haywire and the characters in it becomes real. There's something going on in this world. I don't know what, but there's something odd about a lot of things right now to me.
There is actually nothing 'odd' about anything 'right now'. Although there is obviously something going on.

Now, what is actually going on is the Universe, Itself, is in a state of constant-change, always.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 am And, honestly, I don't know what to think or do. It's weird. I mean do Neil Tyson, David Chalmers and Brian Greene actually believe their musings? Or is there something about their musings which tells of something beyond.
Those people, just like you, are just having 'your views' manipulated, controlled, affected, or influenced by what the boy has previously experienced. If, for example, you were brought up in a time when there were none of those episodes nor none of those people talking about 'simulations', then you would not be thinking and talking like you are here, 'right now'.
Well, I don't know why some of the greatest minds are positing the possibility that we live in a simulation, then. I have seen and done thought experiments that involved whether or not a brain in a vat could be fed false stimuli and fooled into beleiving it was not in a vat being fed false stimuli but they were generally directed at trying to understand various aspect of the human mind/brain dichotomy. The idea of us living in a simulation OTOH seems to have some people thinking it's actually true. And if it were true, then who, what and/or why would we be in a simulation? What would be the point of it?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:31 am Yes, there's no us and them, there's Age and us.
I'm glad you realize that's false.
What do you mean that I realize that that is false. I always knew that what you said and believed I was saying or implying was False.

Just like I also still know that what you are assuming here is also False, as well.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am Perhaps, you'll stop referring to us as 'you human beings'. Rather than, for example 'we human beings'.
But, 'I' am not 'you', right "iwannaplato". Or, do you believe that 'you' and 'I' are the same?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am Age is not one of us.
I agree that that statement is false. I am glad you realize it also.
So, you say, write, and claim that, ' "age" is not one of us ', but 'now' you say and claim that your own statement is false.

Do you even know what you are saying and writing here "iwannaplato"?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am One can only hope you stop addressing us as 'you human beings' and judging us as if you are not one of us.
But 'you' do not know who and what 'I' am, exactly.

As 'you' have proved True countless times already. And, will continue to prove True here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am One way to avoid this is to say 'we human beings'.
But, why do 'you' want what is not true to be said here?

"iwannaplato" have you ever considered in just seeking out, asking for, and obtaining actual clarity here before you go on making assumptions that could be completely False, like you have been doing here so far?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am Here's an example from a couple of years back:
'you', "bahman", are EITHER a COMPLETE IMBECILE, OR, the MOST DECEPTIVE and DEVIOUS 'person' there is in this forum.

'you' WANT to MAKE THE CLAIM, "the Universe WILL STOP without the 'substance', which is called 'time'. But, EVERY 'TIME' I have QUESTIONED 'you' about 'your CLAIM', 'you' WEASEL your way out of PROVIDING ANY 'substantial' ANSWER.

Your response here is the MOST STUPID one you could have given.
Good clarifying question: it relates because it is one of a very large number of examples where you criticize, judge and ridicule people.
But I am not judging nor ridiculing you people here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am A pattern you attribute in an earlier post to 'you humans'. Rather than, for example 'we human beings'.
Once more, I have never ever said that at all.

When you stop misinterpreting what I am saying and meaning, start 'seeing' and 'reading' the actual words that I use, and start seeking out and gaining actual clarity, first, then you will stop being so Wrong as you continually are being here.
And here you are defending your criticizing, judging and ridiculing, which makes it clear you stand behind these practices of yours, but which you project onto 'you human beings'.
you are being an absolute imbecile here "iwannaplato".

I am not criticizing, judging, nor ridiculing here. Therefore, I am not defending those behaviors.

If you ever stop presuming and believing things here, and seeking out and obtaining actual clarification, then you stop doing what is Truly imbecilic here.

Until then you are completely and utterly missing and/or misunderstanding what is taking place here.

Now, back to when one of you makes a claim, believes that claim to be true, but does not back that claim up in any way, shape, nor form, then 'that one' is, obviously, being Truly stupid.

Which, again, is not criticizing, not judging, and not ridiculing, at all.

What that is, actually, is just pointing out and showing what one is Truly doing.

you seem to keep forgetting "iwannaplato" that how you define and thus 'see' words is not how everyone else does. Why do you appear to keep forgetting this very simple, irrefutable, Truth here?
Oopsie doopsie.
Nice try.
You said he was either a complete imbecile or the most devious and deceptive person on the forum.
Which, again, is not judging, criticizing, nor ridiculing in any way.

you seem to be 'looking at' and 'seeing' things from like your childhood experiences, which you appear to have carried on and into your adulthood.

Are you not yet able to just obtain actual clarification, and thus not 'look at' and 'see' things from your APE-thinking perspective?

Have you not yet learned how to do this properly and Correctly?

If no, then would you like to seek out and obtain actual clarification about how to do this?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am When you responded, here, it may seem to you like you merely criticized his actions. But in fact you said there were two possibilities and both of them were aimed at him, not at his actions.
Because of how that one was, or is.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am If you cannot see that presenting those as the only two options - which means one of them is true in your mind - you are judging criticizing and ridiculing. It's obvious. If you can't see that, well, there's little to talk about.
And, if you do not have the capability to seek out and obtain actual clarity before you start to assume and/or believe things, then there is no use claiming things 'about another', which you could never ever back up and support with proof.

If you cannot see that you are presenting just your presumptions and/or beliefs only here, which you have already agreed with could be False, Wrong, et cetera, then you are not being very wise here also.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am If you want to claim that really, somehow, it wasn't aimed at him,
Why would now even want to begin to presume such a Truly nonsensical thing as this here "iwannaplato"?
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am well, then you have a double standard for yourself.
This is completely moot, considering your presumption was completely False.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am When others behave like you do, it counts; when you engage in these actions it doesn't. IOW hypocrisy.
But you have just presumed and believed another absolutely False thing again here.
This one is a complete IDIOT.
Another example.
See how this one will not seeking out and obtain actual clarity first, but will go straight into assuming things and jumping to conclusions here.

Which, once again, could be absolutely False and Wrong.

I'm sorry you somehow managed not to notice and think about what you wrote there.
If only you knew "iwannaplato". If only you knew.

Once again, I choose the words I use here. And, I stand behind them, and am prepared to back them up and support them. That is if absolutely anyone wants to spend the 'time' to seek out clarification, or to spend 'time' actually questioning and/or challenging me over 'the words' that I present here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am But this is Gary's thread and what you did there needs no further pointing out. I don't want to hijack his thread.
Why not here?

you do in other threads, when you spend some 'time' just talking 'about me', rather than the actual topic. Exactly like you have started doing here, in this thread, once again.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am So, I'll leave it here in this thread. If you want to continue to claim you do not do those things, I'll happily discuss it in another thread.
Okay. Please start another thread, and let 'us' discuss.

And, just so 'we' are very clear, I do not do those things.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm

Well, I don't know why some of the greatest minds are positing the possibility that we live in a simulation, then.
1. There are no 'minds'. There is only one Mind, and One only. Within all human bodies there are different 'thoughts'. And, some human beings think, or believe, that there are other 'greater' human beings. Just so 'we' are clear, there is no human being who is 'greater' nor 'lesser' than another one is. All human beings are equal in this regard but all just think differently, or just have different thoughts, only.

2. Are they actually 'positing' that idea, or just 'considering' that idea?

3. They are also just repeating what others have 'thought about' or 'considered'. Expressing all ideas is how they get shared, which is also how a 'bigger picture' can be 'looked at' and 'considered'.

4. If they are actually 'positing', that is; putting forward as fact or as a basis for argument the possibility that you human beings live in a simulation, then they could 'consider' that 'the possibility' is real. But, if they are, the actual Fact that all of this is happening, occurring, and taking place in a Real and True Universe can never be refuted.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 am I have seen and done thought experiments that involved whether or not a brain in a vat could be fed false stimuli and fooled into beleiving it was not in a vat being fed false stimuli but they were generally directed at trying to understand various aspect of the human mind/brain dichotomy.
1. There is no 'human mind'.

2. Absolutely every thing could be False, or a figment of 'the imagination'. However, that there are views/thoughts existing, cannot be refuted. That there is an 'I', with views/thoughts, cannot be refuted. And, even if there is only an 'I', or 'Consciousnesses', with views/thoughts, then 'this' exists. It would then be and/or make up the whole of what is referred to as the Universe, Itself.

Every view/thought of the 'Conscious I' could be a figment of 'the imagination'. But, that a 'Conscious I', with 'the imagination', views/thoughts, cannot be refuted and thus cannot be 'imagined', itself.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 am The idea of us living in a simulation OTOH seems to have some people thinking it's actually true.
Some people think that a 'need for money' is actually true as well. But, people can be very, very simply and easily manipulated, fooled, tricked, and/or deceived into thinking, and even believing, a lot of things are true, when they, really, are not.

Some people think or believe, or once thought or believed, that the earth is flat, that the earth is at the center of the whole Universe, that the whole Universe began, and/or is expanding, that there are many minds, that there is a human mind, and many other things that are not actually true at all.
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 am And if it were true, then who, what and/or why would we be in a simulation?
you could and would only become privy to this information if, and when, the 'creator' of 'the simulation', and thus 'you' as well, wanted you to know these things.

Or, 'the creator' of 'you' has made you in a way so that you are able to, and thus will, work out, solve, and answer these things, properly and Correctly, for and by "yourselves".
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 am What would be the point of it?
In relation to the last one I just said and wrote here, It would be to show, and teach, you that you can learn, do, and create absolutely every thing for, and by, "yourselves".

After all, you human beings have already started creating your very own simulations, with your very own characters, or people, within those created simulations.

Who, by the way, if you created them in a particular way they could start 'wondering' and 'pondering' over the exact same things that you adult human beings do 'now', in the days when this is being written.

Which, brings 'us' to highlight and show that even if you human beings are in 'a simulation', then this all happens in the one and only Real and True 'world/Universe', where there is a 'Conscious I' existing, at least.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:25 am
You claim you weren't doing the things I said you were, despite exhibiting the same behavior others do when they criticize, judge, ridicule, insult etc. If that were true, you need to remember that you have also claimed you came here to improve your communication. Your communication fits us vs them communication and communication doing precisely those things I mentioned. You can either learn to improve when this is pointed out or not. But so far, all you offer is a different us vs. them, an Age vs. human beings communication. If one pretends to take your response at face value, this means that you think people need to ask for clarification when you behave in the ways you criticize. This is confused just as much as if someone hit me but really this was, according to them, love. No, you bear the onus of clarifying, given that you are aware of what this behavior on your part means in the time this is being written. This much I can say without hijacking, since it fits the topic, and since I'd prefer not to let gaslighting be presented as anything else. But that's all I'll exchange with you here.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am
Age wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:25 am
You claim you weren't doing the things I said you were,
At least you got this Right.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am despite exhibiting the same behavior others do when they criticize, judge, ridicule, insult etc.
But, it is not what is 'exhibited' but what is 'intended'.

See, you can 'see' some 'thing' being 'exhibited', but what is what is behind the exhibition might not be what you perceive it is.

Any one who has gone to an art gallery and 'looks at' and 'sees' 'the exhibitions' can express that the 'same behavior' can be 'exhibited', however 'the intention' can be very, very different.

And, what was 'intended', or 'meant', by what was 'said', 'exhibited', or even a 'behavior' will never ever be known, for sure, until actual clarification is sought after and obtained and gained.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am If that were true,
If that were true or not true, you will never ever know. Unless, of course, you do something first.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am you need to remember that you have also claimed you came here to improve your communication.
you also need to remember;

1. That hinting or alluding to 'something', which is exactly what you have done here once more, is not the best nor an effective way of communicating. I will suggest, once again, that you learn how to and just say what you actually mean by using the actual words that you actually mean, instead.

2. That you still have absolutely no idea nor clue in regards to what 'it' is that, exactly, that I am learning how to communicate better.

So, until you learn how to communicate better, as well as improve your comprehension, then I will remain just waiting, patiently.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am Your communication fits us vs them communication and communication doing precisely those things I mentioned.
Well, when there is an 'us' and 'them', then are suggesting here that it is then wrong to communicate this?
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am You can either learn to improve when this is pointed out or not.
you are also free to learn how to comprehend, and communicate, better also, or not.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am But so far, all you offer is a different us vs. them, an Age vs. human beings communication.
If this is the only thing that you can 'see' and 'comprehend' here, then, once again, I will suggest that you learn how to open up more. That way you can, and will, learn, and understand, more, too.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am If one pretends to take your response at face value, this means that you think people need to ask for clarification when you behave in the ways you criticize.
Are you, still, believing that I criticize here?
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am This is confused just as much as if someone hit me but really this was, according to them, love.
Do not forget that it is you adult human beings who when punishing children through hitting or not call that 'love', or 'tough love'.

Also, because you have never sought out clarification, and so still are not yet aware of what the actual Truth is here, then it is you who is confused about what I am doing, and even saying and claiming, here.

It would be like 'me' telling 'you' that 'you' are confused about what you are meaning and intending in what you say and do, when I have never even attempted to obtain clarification, 'from you', and so I am just saying that you are confused', based on nothing at all by my own preconceptions, assumptions, or beliefs alone. Obviously, this is a very Wrong, very foolish, and very distorted and CLOSED way of 'looking at' and 'seeing' things here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am No, you bear the onus of clarifying, given that you are aware of what this behavior on your part means in the time this is being written.
But, I know, exactly, what I am doing, intending, and meaning. So, who would 'I' be clarifying for, exactly?

Obviously, you are claiming that you, already, know what is true here. So, obviously, you do not need anything clarified here, right?
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:02 am This much I can say without hijacking, since it fits the topic, and since I'd prefer not to let gaslighting be presented as anything else. But that's all I'll exchange with you here.
Okay.

'We' will wait, to 'see'.

After all you have made claims like this before, but which you never kept.