Marriage is Increasingly an Institution of the Highly Religious: Why That Might Be a Problem

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

godelian

Marriage is Increasingly an Institution of the Highly Religious: Why That Might Be a Problem

Post by godelian »

The title of the article is only partially true:

For Muslims, civil marriage and especially civil divorce is considered to be an attempt at overruling Islamic law. It should never be done out of free will.

Since Christianity has no law -- considered by Paul to be a curse -- it is less of an issue for Christians that the government seeks to overrule the law of God.

In that sense, Christianity is highly misleading to Christians.

By signing a marriage contract, Christians incorrectly believe that they are doing what God wants them to do.

In reality, they are doing the opposite. They allow the law of government -- instead of the law of God -- to rule their matrimonial union.

Unlike what Paul writes, it is not God's law that is a curse. It is Paul's own heresy that has turned out to be a curse.

The article also keeps furthering the same old lie:
These findings confirm that married couples still reap the benefits of the long-term stable relationship that their union provides.
Civil marriage has absolutely zero benefits to the man. On the contrary, it is widely considered to be a negative and even life-threatening, if not suicidal, risk to men.

Civil marriage is immoral because the act of facilitating the government to overrule the laws of God, is immoral.

Paul, the apostate of the law, is responsible for immense damage. May he burn in hell.

Islam protects its believers. Christianity misleads them.

On grounds of God's law, I reject, repudiate, reprobate, and utterly condemn both Paul, the apostate, as well as civil marriage.

Re: Marriage is Increasingly an Institution of the Highly Religious: Why That Might Be a Problem

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:42 am The title of the article is only partially true:

For Muslims, civil marriage and especially civil divorce is considered to be an attempt at overruling Islamic law. It should never be done out of free will.

Since Christianity has no law -- considered by Paul to be a curse -- it is less of an issue for Christians that the government seeks to overrule the law of God.

In that sense, Christianity is highly misleading to Christians.

By signing a marriage contract, Christians incorrectly believe that they are doing what God wants them to do.

In reality, they are doing the opposite. They allow the law of government -- instead of the law of God -- to rule their matrimonial union.

Unlike what Paul writes, it is not God's law that is a curse. It is Paul's own heresy that has turned out to be a curse.

The article also keeps furthering the same old lie:
These findings confirm that married couples still reap the benefits of the long-term stable relationship that their union provides.
Civil marriage has absolutely zero benefits to the man. On the contrary, it is widely considered to be a negative and even life-threatening, if not suicidal, risk to men.

Civil marriage is immoral because the act of facilitating the government to overrule the laws of God, is immoral.

Paul, the apostate of the law, is responsible for immense damage. May he burn in hell.

Islam protects its believers. Christianity misleads them.

On grounds of God's law, I reject, repudiate, reprobate, and utterly condemn both Paul, the apostate, as well as civil marriage.
Okay. So, just do not get married, again.
godelian

Re: Marriage is Increasingly an Institution of the Highly Religious: Why That Might Be a Problem

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 am Okay. So, just do not get married, again.
It is perfectly fine and even commendable for Muslims to get married under the terms and conditions of Islamic law.

However, it takes an substantial and even heroic effort to prevent western governments from overruling Islamic marriage law. It took twenty years to finally deport them from Kabul airport.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:04 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 am Okay. So, just do not get married, again.
It is perfectly fine and even commendable for Muslims to get married under the terms and conditions of Islamic law.
Okay. So, just get married if you want to.
godelian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:04 am However, it takes an substantial and even heroic effort to prevent western governments from overruling Islamic marriage law. It took twenty years to finally deport them from Kabul airport.
Okay.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am Okay. So, just get married if you want to.
Yes, I pay the mahr sign-on bonus and I respect the iddah notice period when applicable. I also provide (weekly) nafaqah, with all other expenses paid for.

It works much better than casual sex, which I consider unsatisfactory and often even unnatural. If you like her, you are going to be coming back for more anyway. So, you could as well make a solid deal about it from the very get-go.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am Okay. So, just get married if you want to.
Yes, I pay the mahr sign-on bonus and I respect the iddah notice period when applicable. I also provide (weekly) nafaqah, with all other expenses paid for.

It works much better than casual sex, which I consider unsatisfactory and often even unnatural. If you like her, you are going to be coming back for more anyway. So, you could as well make a solid deal about it from the very get-go.
Okay.