Natural music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Janoah

Re: Natural music

Post by Janoah »

the comments on this early Bob Dylan song are encouraging,
people are gonna get tired of computerized music eventually, your soul can feel these things.

I am so tired of synthetically written lyrics and melody

electronics & rap have killed people ears and consumerism has killed their souls.
Blowing In The Wind
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

Janoah wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 am I believe that I can prove that the music of electronic musical instruments, electric guitars, is not art, but an illusion of art. This illusion is global and ruins true art. Natural music remained almost exclusively in classical music.
I, on the other hand, believe that you cannot prove that music from electric/electronic instruments cannot produce art. First, because art in all its forms has always been produced with objects designed and constructed by humans, objects that would never be found in nature. Secondly, the concept of art itself defies the notion of “natural”. Art is the product of human imagination.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Janoah wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:09 am I believe that I can prove that the music of electronic musical instruments, electric guitars, is not art, but an illusion of art. This illusion is global and ruins true art. Natural music remained almost exclusively in classical music.
I suggest putting natural music in this topic.
The voice is the natural instrument.
Musical instruments imitate the voice.

Magnificat
Arvo Pärt
Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04XKjal0grI
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Songs of Grieg
Sissel Kyrkjebø - Solveigs Song

Meanwhile,
'Throughout his life, Edvard Grieg held strong personal and political views that often transcended the realm of opinion to become defining worldviews and principles…
In response to what he perceived as the unjust anti-Semitism of the Dreyfus affair, on Sept. 12, 1899, Grieg wrote a letter three days after Dreyfus’ second guilty verdict, turning down a prestigious concert invitation from his friend, the French violinist, conductor, and concert promoter, Édouard Colonne…
Grieg was alone among the major musicians of his era in adopting such an open and defiant stance in the struggle to reinstate a Jewish army officer. He received hate mail, death threats, and lost several friends and many engagements as a consequence.'
Edvard Grieg takes a stand