Religion is a joke

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Religion is a joke

Post by Gary Childress »

Leaders like Putin and Bush cause a lot of suffering in this world. I don't think there's a God. Otherwise, there'd be a divine penalty for their deeds. But there's no penalty. No more penalty than what good people face in this world. We all die someday. I doubt people who cause enormous suffering have it any worse than people who haven't. People like Christ, John Lennon, or Martin Luther King get murdered and cronies like Bush, Putin, and their advisors who start wars get a slap on the wrist (if even that). Religion is a farce.
promethean75

Re: Religion is a joke

Post by promethean75 »

Ah but it gets even better. If what u say makes little sense, this makes even less sense: are the things putin and bush have done, 'sins'. What specifically have they done that would be penalized by god? Better yet, what if on putin's word, thousands and thousands of Ukrainians die, but putin is still 'good with god' in his own private mind?

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that thou shalt not order an army to invade a country?

See where I'm goin with this? Christianity is so stupid, so full of ambiguities and grey areas and incomplete advice and instruction that someone like putin or bush could very well get into heaven for all we know.

So, ironically, it's not becuz there may be no penalty for what these guys have done, but becuz these may not even be considered penalizeable offenses. That is why that god is a joke.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:48 am Ah but it gets even better. If what u say makes little sense, this makes even less sense: are the things putin and bush have done, 'sins'. What specifically have they done that would be penalized by god? Better yet, what if on putin's word, thousands and thousands of Ukrainians die, but putin is still 'good with god' in his own private mind?

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that thou shalt not order an army to invade a country?

See where I'm goin with this? Christianity is so stupid, so full of ambiguities and grey areas and incomplete advice and instruction that someone like putin or bush could very well get into heaven for all we know.

So, ironically, it's not becuz there may be no penalty for what these guys have done, but becuz these may not even be considered penalizeable offenses. That is why that god is a joke.
Good points.
BuzzCap7

Post by BuzzCap7 »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:25 am Leaders like Putin and Bush cause a lot of suffering in this world. I don't think there's a God. Otherwise, there'd be a divine penalty for their deeds. But there's no penalty. No more penalty than what good people face in this world. We all die someday. I doubt people who cause enormous suffering have it any worse than people who haven't. People like Christ, John Lennon, or Martin Luther King get murdered and cronies like Bush, Putin, and their advisors who start wars get a slap on the wrist (if even that). Religion is a farce.
There is no "penalty" per se. Not like tit for tat as I understand it.

If A shoots B, it does not mean that "B" will come back in another life and be shot himself.

But there will be a lesson in this or another life (maybe several lives [reincarnations] down the road) where A will be in a position to learn empathy.

There is a reckoning. But not like tooth for a tooth.

As far as religion is concerned, it is man-made validated by circular logic.

BC7