Cosmological Arg. is NOT Deductively Valid

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Cosmological Arg. is NOT Deductively Valid

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:55 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:21 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 am
Chaos is merely a state of something X.
The chaos of X is created by something.

Even in Chaos Theory, it is the chaotic state of particles which is cause by something X or Xs but it is just how it become chaotic is undeterminable.
That the emergence of a hurricane the chaotic state of water, wind, things cannot be completely determined does not mean there is no cause[s].

Now in a chaotic state, there is still an X or Xs within an unknown chain that caused the resultant state.
So what cause the X or Xs to be that caused the chaos?
You are still caught with an infinite regress.
The chaos I am talking about is not part of chaos theory.

You as an atheist are in the same predicament as a theist...as to causality.

Thus, what is your argument with me?
Then what Chaos are you talking about? Show me reference where it is justified?
I am talking about actual chaos. A place where there is NO causality because there is NO logic.

Veritas Aequitas wrote:If your chaos is not within Science or Semantics, then that 'Chaos' is your own invention which is likely to be an illusion and meaningless.
It's not my invention idiot. The point is, that it is meaningless.......a place of no meaning nothing we can WITH logic comprehend.

Comprehend?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:09 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:21 am

The chaos I am talking about is not part of chaos theory.

You as an atheist are in the same predicament as a theist...as to causality.

Thus, what is your argument with me?
I am talking about actual chaos. A place where there is NO causality because there is NO logic.

Veritas Aequitas wrote:If your chaos is not within Science or Semantics, then that 'Chaos' is your own invention which is likely to be an illusion and meaningless.
It's not my invention idiot. The point is, that it is meaningless.......a place of no meaning nothing we can WITH logic comprehend.

Comprehend?
Comprehend?
Comprehend what? since you claim it cannot be comprehended rationally with logic? at least scientific logic by induction?
You are the idiot who is introducing idiotic things.
If you exercise some intelligence you would not insist on the above.

idiot: a foolish or stupid person
2 dated, now offensive; see usage paragraph below : a person affected with extreme intellectual disability

Why you are so desperate to reify something incomprehensible is due to an inherent psychological weakness.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:17 am

Comprehend?
Comprehend?
Comprehend what? since you claim it cannot be comprehended rationally with logic? at least scientific logic by induction?

2 dated, now offensive; see usage paragraph below : a person affected with extreme intellectual disability

Why you are so desperate to reify something incomprehensible is due to an inherent psychological weakness.
The main point being that I am stating God formed from chaos and formed us. You are stating infinite regress excludes God. Yet, you exist - thus we can all be certain of the very fact that conscious minds exist.....all I am stating is that an intelligence arose prior to our minds arising from it.

In other words, infinte regress remains the same philosophical paradox with or without a God that formed FROM the initial universe.

Comprehend?
Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:32 am

Comprehend?
Comprehend?

The main point being that I am stating God formed from chaos and formed us. You are stating infinite regress excludes God. Yet, you exist - thus we can all be certain of the very fact that conscious minds exist.....all I am stating is that an intelligence arose prior to our minds arising from it.

In other words, infinte regress remains the same philosophical paradox with or without a God that formed FROM the initial universe.

Comprehend?
You claimed,

'actual chaos-X' created God who created humans.
then what created 'chaos-X'?

You stated,

The point is, that it is meaningless.......a place of no meaning nothing we can WITH logic comprehend.

actual = existing in fact; real.
Actual chaos means existing in fact and is real.

Logic is merely a tool used by humans to understand what is actual , existing in fact; real by either deduction, induction, abduction.
If your chaos cannot be understood via logic, then your 'actual chaos' is an oxymoron.

To ensure, your claim you should at least use the logic of induction to verify and justify your claim is existing in fact, actual and real, i.e. rely on inductive science.

I am 'certain' me and my conscious mind exists.
First I rely on a first-person experience which is very unrealiable.
Then I rely on logic, i.e. inductive science to verify and justify other humans with a mind actually exist.
Since Science is the most credible and objective, that is the furthest I can claim I and other humans are existing as real.

It is illusory to claim [by soteriological theists] there is a real permanent 'me' as an eternal soul that will survive physical death.
That is why you are claiming, there is something eternal i.e. actual chaos beyond the existing world, which is unverifiable by the tool of logic [either deductive, inductive nor abductive].

This is what Hume asserted, humans claim there is a 'real' cause to an effect as driven by psychological drives and impulses, when there are no causes.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:20 am
Comprehend?

Comprehend?
You claimed,

You stated,

The point is, that it is meaningless.......a place of no meaning nothing we can WITH logic comprehend.

Perhaps was real.

Do you believe in infinte regress?
Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:26 am

Comprehend?
You claimed,

You stated,

Perhaps was real.
Do you believe in infinite regress?
Perhaps?? that is at best a speculation.

By pure logic [mental exercise], we can infer an infinite regress if we accept causation.
I don't accept it as real as existing in reality.

My approach is that of emergence.
I start from what is experienced and possible to be experienced.
From what is experienced we justify it based on a credible and objective framework and system of realization and knowledge [FSRK], of which the scientific FSRK is the most credible and objective [other than mathematics, there is no other].

Thus what I believe as existing as fact, real and objective is based on a far as the evidence can take me go [the most credible being based on the scientific FSRK].

By a natural inherent evolutionary default I will be driven into an infinite regress and compelled to seek a finitude to stop the regress so to alleviate the pains from the cognitive dissonances.
On this natural inherent instinct and impulses I will skillfully [trained] apply pyrrhonian skepticism to suspend judgment, i.e. no absolute finality, to alleviate the pains from an inherent cognitive dissonances.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:20 am
You claimed,

You stated,

Perhaps was real.

By pure logic [mental exercise], we can infer an infinite regress if we accept causation.
So your long winded answer to the closed question was NO. You believe causality had a beginning and prior to that was no causality.
Veritas Aequitas

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:02 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:20 am
Perhaps was real.

So your long winded answer to the closed question was NO. You believe causality had a beginning and prior to that was no causality.
I believe in causality relative to a framework and system [model, paradigm, perspective] but I do not believe in any absolute causality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-dependent_realism

I provided additional information which are critical. Presumably they don't jive with you because of your large blinkers.