The USA and Israel

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: The USA and Israel

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:36 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:27 pm Simply put, don't bug me and I won't bite you back. Doesn't that sound logical? Spock would think so!
Do you still have teeth?!?
Indeed! When pissed off they grow into fangs. Haven't you noticed?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:56 pm
And those who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab: let's not forget about those scum.

'What' happens to them? Pray tell. I would hazard a guess and say 'nothing'. Do you think 'typhoid Mary' should have been allowed to freely go on infecting people? What about HER 'freedom'?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 amOzark English
Coonass English....
sorry to interrupt, but I was figuring that y'all don't play much billiards...

I could be wrong...

-Imp
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:56 pm Indeed! When pissed off they grow into fangs. Haven't you noticed?
ROTFLMAO 😂
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:05 pmI'm saying there is no absolute moral claim to it being mine.
If you have no absolute moral claim to your life, liberty, and property then that life, liberty, and property ain't yours.
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:23 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 amOzark English
Coonass English....
sorry to interrupt, but I was figuring that y'all don't play much billiards...

I could be wrong...

-Imp
woosh! right over my head
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:16 pm'What' happens to them? Pray tell.
If dub had his way: extermination.
Do you think 'typhoid Mary' should have been allowed to freely go on infecting people? What about HER 'freedom'?
A bad cold vs typhoid.... 🍎s & 🍊s
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:46 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:15 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:59 pm
Honestly, is that all you get from our long debate?
No...I'm rejecting the substunce of your claim that I "refuse to talk about the creation," which is clearly untrue, as anybody who checks the thread will be able to see.
Ok, so feel free to respond to this whenever you have time.
I already responded to that. How come you don't realize that?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:15 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:05 pmI'm saying there is no absolute moral claim to it being mine.
If you have no absolute moral claim to your life, liberty, and property then that life, liberty, and property ain't yours.
If you say so. Though it sounds incomprehensible to you, life doesn't grant you any absolute moral claim to anything, including your life. The idea of such is itself beyond ludicrous. What supreme power is there authorized to make any such claim conditionless?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:54 am
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:15 pm
If you say so. Though it sounds incomprehensible to you, life doesn't grant you any absolute moral claim to anything, including your life. The idea of such is itself beyond ludicrous. What supreme power is there authorized to make any such claim conditionless?
Give me an example of when your life is not your own, of when it belongs to someone else, of when another person rightfully can treat you as they choose,

I can give you examples of when you can, thru your choices, forfeit your life, but that's not the same as saying your life is yours except for when X.

So, examples please.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:16 pm
And those who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab: let's not forget about those scum.

'What' happens to them? Pray tell. I would hazard a guess and say 'nothing'. Do you think 'typhoid Mary' should have been allowed to freely go on infecting people? What about HER 'freedom'?
Henry never ceases to feel victimized and likely enjoys the sensation. It explains why he's so consistently paranoid about defending his absolute moral rights, compared to which, in practice, the rights of others are only relative.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:19 pm
Do you think 'typhoid Mary' should have been allowed to freely go on infecting people? What about HER 'freedom'?
A bad cold vs typhoid.... 🍎s & 🍊s
I knew you would say something like that. It's irrelevant and you know it. She was denied her 'freedom'.
As an aside, how do you know that the virus wouldn't have mutated into something far worse without lockdowns and other measures? No one knew what it was going to do. All the conspiracynut morons with their hindsight 'wisdom' can't stop whinging and complaining about the 'terrible inconveniences' and 'freedom losses' they suffered. Grow some testicles ffs.
That's the trouble. Because the lockdowns and vaccinations actually worked, all the morons are now saying 'oooh, see? It was nothing. We're all still alive'. How do they know that they aren't alive to whinge and moan and complain and bitch because of the measures that govts were obliged to take? What if they had done nothing and you all died? Imagine all the whinging and bitching and moaning.....Oh. Hang on......
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:12 amhis absolute moral rights, compared to which, in practice, the rights of others are only relative.
So, we have a third option...

Retarded. Illiterate. Liar.

A person, any person, every person, including you, has an absolute moral claim to his, and no one else's, life, liberty, and property.

There ain't nuthin' relative there.

I cannot, under any circumstances, declare you my property to use or direct as I see fit. You cannot, under any circumstances, declare me your property to use or direct as you see fit. We, you and I, cannot rape, slave, murder, steal or defraud the other justly. Full stop.

This means I can't beat your pussy ass just becuz you offend me (and, buddy, you do offend me), and you can't boxcar me off to the camp cuz you fear a cold (you want to cuz you do...pussy).
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:15 am
Dubious wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:12 amhis absolute moral rights, compared to which, in practice, the rights of others are only relative.
So, we have a third option...

Retarded. Illiterate. Liar.

A person, any person, every person, including you, has an absolute moral claim to his, and no one else's, life, liberty, and property.

There ain't nuthin' relative there.

I cannot, under any circumstances, declare you my property to use or direct as I see fit. You cannot, under any circumstances, declare me your property to use or direct as you see fit. We, you and I, cannot rape, slave, murder, steal or defraud the other justly. Full stop.

This means I can't beat your pussy ass just becuz you offend me (and, buddy, you do offend me), and you can't boxcar me off to the camp cuz you fear a cold (you want to cuz you do...pussy).
For fuck sake. He's blown you out of the water in this painfully one-sided 'debate'. Concede defeat for once. Be a man!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:14 am Because the lockdowns and vaccinations actually worked...
:D Well, we know that much isn't true. https://reason.com/volokh/2023/01/10/no ... d-arrived/

In retrospect, the lockdowns and vaccinations did huge damage, economically, psychologically, socially and medically. Weigh all that off against any imagined benefit of so-called "preventative measures" for the plague-that-wasn't. COVID is now recognized as nothing but a particularly nasty kind of cold. And even you know that, because I'll bet you're not locked down right now, nor wearing a mask, nor looking for another "vax," -- which never was a vaccine at all, as it turns out, but rather merely an experimental injection.