Re: The USA and Israel

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:12 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:34 pm
He would evade to answer you.
Yes. He has done so several times.
But this is just like religious types.
They CHOOSE what they want to believe and ignore challenges.
Let's see if you can catch the fish! :mrgreen:
But he thinks all the fish are on the Ark 2 by 2
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:36 am
phyllo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:24 am
But if we don't believe any of that, then what creates the alleged obligation?
In that case, one can say that caring will produce a better understanding and interaction between people.
What is the source of the duty to "produce understanding" or "interaction"? Why says we owe it to somebody to do that? And if there's a group of "people" we don't happen to like, what obliges us to include them?
Why don't you ask yourself why you don't like people who you don't personally know.

Ask yourself what kind of treatment, respect and consideration people you don't like, ought to get.

Ask yourself why it's okay (or not okay) for people to be fired from their jobs if they state opinions which differ from your opinions.

While you are at it, imagine that don't know the religions of the people involved in the Gaza war. Would your evaluation of the situation be different?

Then imagine that the people in Gaza are Jews and they are being attacked by Muslims. Again, would your evaluation of the situation be different?
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

Don’t be a bully. Don’t support a bully. Don’t stand by as the bully does his thing.

Stand with the kid, stand with Israel.

It’s the just thing to do.
Israel is not the weak, helpless kid.

Israel is the 800 pound gorilla in the region and it has been for a long time.

Israel has become the bully.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

There are people - if one can call them that - in every group meaning not to be referenced to any ethnicity or nationality, that one can easily qualify as Untermenschen who should be disposed of as organic garbage who have no right to be called human. The solution is to eliminate that detritus and distortion of a homo sapiens, cremate it and throw its ashes in the landfill as appropriate to its erstwhile despicable existence.
Duly noted, Dubious. Thanks for sharing!

We might note the odd, the unlikely, recent confluence between folks formerly at each other’s throats. Agreements forged between Veggie and Immanuel?? And now Dubious? My head spins …

Veggie advocates for the most radical enforcements against free speech. This is cancellation on body-building hormones. Dubious advocates for mass killing in the tone and color of Nazism at its worst. And strangely Immanuel — our belovèd True Christian aplogist who’d convert us all — is sandwiched between two who’ve been sucking for too many solitary nights on the Frijoles de la Locura.

Yet it all fits together when seen as a reflection of what is going on around us and outside: people seem to be going nuts and “the world” begins to tear itself apart. It is a social psychosis and, I assume, the first stages of the advent of war on a larger scale.

I dedicated years — years people! — to creating The Ten-Week “I’m Getting Better Now ❤️‍🩹” Email Course and offered it at a reasonable price to the lunatic masses. But no! they refuse to take the cure. Which means that Nature must now be allowed to take its course — that unforgiving & cruel teacher!

No one can say Alexis Jacobi did not try!
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

And now Dubious? My head spins …
How much of what Dubious wrote is to be taken seriously?

On the other hand, VT and IC are dead serious. :shock:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

phyllo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:16 pmHow much of what Dubious wrote is to be taken seriously
During all the beer virus nonsense, dub was gung-ho for having folks like me (those who wouldn't mask up, lock down or accept the jab) box-car'd to camps for isolation, re-education, and whatnot.

I took him seriously.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"and offered it at a reasonable price to the lunatic masses"

Hell I don't even charge for mine. It's casual dress and totally free. Simplified too so anybody with an IQ of eighty or more can find it useful.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I don't believe violence solves anything. And I don't believe that Hamas is anything but a terrorist organization. However, I am left to wonder, why on Earth did the Netanyahu government keep Hamas afloat with cash to the point where it beat out more peaceful groups that wanted a Palestinian state? Why did Israel not want a Palestinian state next to them?

It seems to me that the Netanyahu government has brought this upon the people of Israel. So who do we blame? Do we blame Palestinians for letting Hamas take over or do we blame the Netanyahu government for helping them take over?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years ... our-faces/
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Phyllo asks:
How much of what Dubious wrote is to be taken seriously?
Dubious wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:09 am It's impossible to care about every human equally, even if they haven't committed any offenses or atrocities. First and foremost, we reserve our care for those we are responsible for, including pets, which doesn't imply we shouldn't care for anyone else. It's a matter of priority. We only have so much care to give; it's not endless.

But there are many who deserve only one thing and that's to be eliminated...as described!
Of course he is not serious, he (nor we) have the power. But it is a very strange thing to express in the context of late massacres and mass-death.

The pressures on all of us begin to *crack* the structures of ourselves. We were always fragile and susceptible but now the intensity knob is turned “to 11”.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

So who do we blame?
First, stop looking for someone to blame.

Instead, look for some way to alleviate the suffering.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:58 pm
Up-thread I suggested *you don't have to choose sides. Now, I suggest you ought not believe everything you read.

Strangers, with agendas, are keen to turn your head this way and that. They say it's A vs B: pick one!.

Mebbe they aren't the clean, direct conduits of fact they claim to be.

*you being everyone
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:58 pm And I don't believe that Hamas is anything but a terrorist organization.
According to my research I’d say you are wrong. The Muslim Brotherhood (Hamas is a branch) is a deeply integrated social movement and organization that does all sorts of social work, building hospitals, charity work, etc. It also has a militant and terrorist branch.

Let Mel explain.

Patriotic violence is, for us, a tenet of America’s civil religion. It is a Holy Violence — when we engage in it.

But we cannot see that others, engaging ideologically with the same sentiments, do the exact same thing. (Though ours is far more extreme really because, well, God is with us).
Last edited by Alexis Jacobi on Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:03 pmOf course he is not serious, he (nor we) have the power.
Not havin' the means doesn't mean he doesn't have the will.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:04 pm
So who do we blame?
First, stop looking for someone to blame.

Instead, look for some way to alleviate the suffering.
I agree. My post is more directed at those who support the current destruction happening in Gaza. I don't see how it is morally possible to kill Palestinians when it appears that the Netanyahu government undermined more peaceful solutions to the problems in the occupied territories.

My next question is, WHY? Why were more rational Palestinian organizations brushed over in favor of propping up Hamas? Millions in cash went to what amounts to a band of cutthroats. What did the Netanyahu government want that they thought propping up Hamas at the expense of more sane movements from Palestinians would accomplish?

And my final question is, how can we support the destruction going on in Gaza, knowing that the Netanyahu government is responsible for keeping Hamas in power over other potentially more rational factions?

It makes no sense.

The destruction happening in Gaza MUST STOP!! It is immoral and the Netanyahu government created the conditions that led to it. They had the money that Hamas needed to build its arsenal and they gave it to Hamas.

IC, VT, how can we stand by the killing going on in Gaza? By what moral commandment are we able to support the destruction going on? I'm especially interested in IC's views on this.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

My next question is, WHY? Why were more rational Palestinian organizations brushed over in favor of propping up Hamas? Millions in cash went to what amounts to a band of cutthroats. What did the Netanyahu government want that they thought propping up Hamas at the expense of more sane movements from Palestinians would accomplish?
Let Jack explain.

I am not entirely joking. You need to understand Jewish history, and Jewish psychology better in order to be able to understand *Israel’s crimes*. It is embedded in religious view and (as I say) in religious pathology. It is not a healthy religion. But there is little healthy in Jewish history. It is endless pain, loss and sorrow.

Judaism is a tragic religion. I did not invent it! Once its core tenets are seen and isolated, its sheer bizarreness is exposed to the light of day.

To see it clearly involves seeing sharply, though this is discouraged because it is associated with Judenhass.

I do not recommend or advocate Judenhass but — in a philosophical context — I do recommend clear and acute seeing.