Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:31 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:16 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:12 pm

No you did not. As can be clearly seen and proved above here.

1. I asked you a question, for clarity. You answered it the way you did above here.

2. you may have meant this here, but you certainly did not say it. So, once again, I suggest, everywhere, but especially in this forum, people say what they mean, and mean what they say.

Now, "atla", I asked you, 'who says and claims that I am pretending that I am God?'
you answered, 'People who aren't pretending what you're pretending.'

I then asked the clarifying question, 'How many people, besides just you "atla"?'

you answered by clarifying, 'Over 7 billion.

Therefore, what this actually means is; ' "atla" here is trying to claim that there were over seven billion human beings, in the days when this was being written, who were saying and claiming that 'I' am pretending that 'I' am God. '

Which, once again, seems just a little far fetched, do you not think so "atla"?

Which is the way things are, exactly, and the way I like it.
More expected hair-splitting over something you deliberately misunderstand, hiding behind your autism.
Okay. If this is what you believe is true, then this must be true, correct?
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:16 pm Anyway, 'You', with the capital Y, so You God, don't exist so no one cares what You like.
This here could not be more proof of just how little this one has read, and understood, here.

you, "atla", have got it all absolutely inside out, wrong way out, upside down, backwards, and/or back to front here.

And, I was not expecting that even you could have gotten it so Wrong here.
Heh if You actually existed, You could be smarter, like a God. Unfortunately You are just a delusion in age's head, down here on Earth. :)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:30 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 am My reply would be why not? What kind of creator creates a world like this?
Are you still not yet aware "gary childress" that the way you look at, and see, things is not necessarily the one and only actual Truth of things?

Could it be a possibility that you have some sort of biased, twisted, distorted, and/or narrowed view and picture of 'the world', based solely upon your own personal life experiences, which does not align, absolutely, with the actual True and FULL BIG Picture of things?
Of course, I'm 'twisted'. How would I not be in the world I'm in? And by "evil" I was NOT (in my quote above) referring to my definition of "evil" which is the killing or taking of a human life against our will. I am referring to the broader definition of "evil" that some people appear to go by, which generally includes the most pleasurable things. By some definitions I'm a weed, should I not be?

To be clear, there are many definitions of "evil", perhaps as many as there are people in this world. I have not assaulted anyone, nor harmed them physically. Heck, I generally don't even touch others. My life is a life of fantasy confined to my mind and it seems to me that it's better than everyday life without such fantasies.

Is my life a sustainable one? No. I have no kids of my own. I keep my distance from most people. No, I'm not attracted to children. I'm 'incompetent', and 'unreliable' and have psychoses now and then that cause all kinds of mental chaos. Is it a 'bad' life? Only in terms of how some others seem to view me morally. But I've come to realize that I'm worthless to others. I mean, if there was any desire in me to help others, then I'd do it. As it is, I generally just help others monetarily. I gave pretty much all my savings to a single mom. She ditched me and I know why. All that ever happened between us was texts and meetings for lunch.

But there are people out there who consider me scum of the world. I offend sensibilities. What am I supposed to do? Go kill myself just to save the world from the problem that is me. Again, God, nature or whatever seems to have made the prospect of death unpleasurable to me. Of course, maybe someone else will kill me some day. I'm sure they'd receive God's highest praise for it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:11 am Once you're no longer insane, maybe they will one day take you off meds and maybe you can do something better with your life.
I'm pretty sure the above is not true of Age. If it is, then I'd say they are not working. Psychiatric meds are mostly tranquilizers or zombifiers. I'd say he's hardly a zombie or a psychiatric basket case, at least not by customary standards.

That's fine. However, I'm probably one of 'those' adults that Age is constantly complaining about. One of 'those' adults who make the world a terrible place back in the days when this was written.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:35 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:16 pm
More expected hair-splitting over something you deliberately misunderstand, hiding behind your autism.
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:16 pm Anyway, 'You', with the capital Y, so You God, don't exist so no one cares what You like.
This here could not be more proof of just how little this one has read, and understood, here.

you, "atla", have got it all absolutely inside out, wrong way out, upside down, backwards, and/or back to front here.

Heh if You actually existed, You could be smarter, like a God. Unfortunately You are just a delusion in age's head, down here on Earth. :)
Okay, if you say and believe so, then this must be absolutely and irrefutably true, right?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Of course, I speak out against what I consider evil, but when I do, Age simply pegs me as no better than people who shoot up schools or playgrounds.

As far as I can tell, Age is a psychological bully.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:32 pmDo you really believe that 'I' am some sort of bot?
Yes, sometimes your rationalizations and behaviors appear 'mechanical' to me.

I've never-not seen a human slip into personalizations and emotional embodiments, from time to time, in their writing. For example, you have not mentioned one time that I've ever seen/read....your background, how many siblings you have, where you're from, your political or religious beliefs, your annoying little sister growing up, what a cool breeze feels like on a hot day...memories which ground humanity back into nature and biology. After a certain length of time: months, years, people expose their persona online. It can't be helped.

You, however, have never done so...that I've witnessed. Do you even get angry when being insulted? Again, I've not yet seen it.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:46 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:11 am Once you're no longer insane, maybe they will one day take you off meds and maybe you can do something better with your life.
I'm pretty sure the above is not true of Age. If it is, then I'd say they are not working. Psychiatric meds are mostly tranquilizers or zombifiers. I'd say he's hardly a zombie or a psychiatric basket case, at least not by customary standards.

That's fine. However, I'm probably one of 'those' adults that Age is constantly complaining about. One of 'those' adults who make the world a terrible place back in the days when this was written.
I think when the mind fractures like in Age's case, those smaller mental fragments can speed up again despite the meds. But some higher cognitive functions seem to be lost. Plus Age seems to spend many hours typing the same thing for years. I mean the two of them as Age seems two have two personas, God and the human.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:52 pm

Okay, if you say and believe so, then this must be absolutely and irrefutably true, right?
No, but it's over 99.9% likely to be. :) And we even investigated that 0.1%, 'i' asked you or You to prove your/Your claims. Nothing.
So yeah all your/Your nonsense can be confidently dismissed.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:53 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:32 pmDo you really believe that 'I' am some sort of bot?
Yes, sometimes your rationalizations and behaviors appear 'mechanical' to me.

I've never-not seen a human slip into personalizations and emotional embodiments, from time to time, in their writing. For example, you have not mentioned one time that I've ever seen/read....your background, how many siblings you have, where you're from, your political or religious beliefs, your annoying little sister growing up, what a cool breeze feels like on a hot day...memories which ground humanity back into nature and biology. After a certain length of time: months, years, people expose their persona online. It can't be helped.

You, however, have never done so...that I've witnessed. Do you even get angry when being insulted? Again, I've not yet seen it.
Or just a psychopathic and very skilled troll. He didn't give a crap that he put Gary in hospital.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:58 pm
No, but it's over 99.9% likely to be. :) And we even investigated that 0.1%, 'i' asked you or You to prove your/Your claims. Nothing.
I think Wizard is right. I said it once before I went into my psychosis last October, Age is a bot. If he's not, then I fear for humanity. He is ruthless.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:00 pmOr just a psychopathic and very skilled troll. He didn't give a crap that he put Gary in hospital.
I don't think it's psychopathy, because Age would indicate glee at causing harm to others. It seems more likely the case that he/It is not even self-aware of harm It causes.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

It would have to be severe Autism...but I've never seen a person that autistic before...*shrugs*
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:00 pm

I think Wizard is right. I said it once before I went into my psychosis last October, Age is a bot. If he's not, then I fear for humanity. He is ruthless.
I think he's a she and not a bot. But also way, way outside what is possible for a 'normal' human psychology. That's why I study her, luckily I'm fairly immune to such things. Second craziest thing I've ever studied, quite interesting..
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:06 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:00 pm
I think he's a she and not a bot. But also way, way outside what is possible for a 'normal' human psychology. That's why I study her, luckily I'm fairly immune to such things. Second craziest thing I've ever studied, quite interesting..
Why would you think it's a 'she'? Good luck with 'studying' him/her. You will burn out from exhaustion in no time (unless you are a bot too).

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:30 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 am My reply would be why not? What kind of creator creates a world like this?
Are you still not yet aware "gary childress" that the way you look at, and see, things is not necessarily the one and only actual Truth of things?

Could it be a possibility that you have some sort of biased, twisted, distorted, and/or narrowed view and picture of 'the world', based solely upon your own personal life experiences, which does not align, absolutely, with the actual True and FULL BIG Picture of things?
Of course,
Great, this is settled, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm I'm 'twisted'.
So, to the one here known as "gary childress" the 'I', in the question, 'Who am 'I'?' is 'twisted'.

So, now that 'we' know who 'I' am, 'we' can all move along here right?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm How would I not be in the world I'm in?
But thee 'I' is not necessarily in 'the world'. However, and of course, 'you', the human being known as "gary childress" obvious is, well when this is being written, that is for sure.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm And by "evil" I was NOT (in my quote above) referring to my definition of "evil" which is the killing or taking of a human life against our will. I am referring to the broader definition of "evil" that some people appear to go by, which generally includes the most pleasurable things.
So, probably one of the most pleasurable things is being hugged by a loving mother, which, to "gary childress", is, now, 'evil', right "gary childress"?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm By some definitions I'm a weed, should I not be?
I do not understand any of this.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm To be clear, there are many definitions of "evil", perhaps as many as there are people in this world.
Very, very True point.

And, which is why I asked you, for your definition.

See, when I come to know what ones own personal definition is for a word/s, then it makes it far easier and simpler for me to converse, with them.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm I have not assaulted anyone, nor harmed them physically.
With a bigger and/or wider, open, and honest field of view and/or perspective here, then you might see, and say, differently. But i will leave you here with this 'view', and 'perspective', of yours here.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm Heck, I generally don't even touch others. My life is a life of fantasy confined to my mind and it seems to me that it's better than everyday life without such fantasies.
I can clearly see the 'life of fantasy' existing there, especially with the fantasy of having 'a mind'.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm Is my life a sustainable one? No. I have no kids of my own. I keep my distance from most people. No, I'm not attracted to children.
What do you think 'made you' just come out and say and proclaim this here?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm I'm 'incompetent', and 'unreliable' and have psychoses now and then that cause all kinds of mental chaos.
Okay, but most people who have lived long enough have gone through this in some form or another.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm Is it a 'bad' life? Only in terms of how some others seem to view me morally.
Will you provide any example of what some others 'seem' to view you, morally?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm But I've come to realize that I'm worthless to others. I mean, if there was any desire in me to help others, then I'd do it. As it is, I generally just help others monetarily. I gave pretty much all my savings to a single mom. She ditched me and I know why. All that ever happened between us was texts and meetings for lunch.

But there are people out there who consider me scum of the world. I offend sensibilities. What am I supposed to do? Go kill myself just to save the world from the problem that is me. Again, God, nature or whatever seems to have made the prospect of death unpleasurable to me. Of course, maybe someone else will kill me some day. I'm sure they'd receive God's highest praise for it.
Do you really think that highly of "yourself" "gary childress" that God would give Its so-called 'highest praise' to the one who brought you to God?

Also, i only asked, more or less, if you were yet aware that the way you look at, and see, things may not align with what is actually True and Right, in Life.

You already acknowledged that this is, of course true.

The rest of what you said here was not needed.

See, now that you have acknowledged that the way you look at, and see, things, and thus what you end up saying might not actually be True and Right, then now we can move along and proceed to finding out if, together, we can actually end up looking at, and seeing, things for how they actually are.

This is, of course, if it is something that you would like to do?