What am I doing?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: What am I doing?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:18 pm
WHEN 'these people' ALSO COME-TO-SEE, and REALIZE, what the ACTUAL Truth IS, EXACTLY, the WATCHING and OBSERVING OF 'this' UNFOLD WILL BE Truly BEAUTIFUL.
Beautifully tragic.
WHY do 'you' SAY 'this' "dontaskme"?

Do 'you' ALREADY KNOW, FOR SURE, and thus IRREFUTABLY, what the ACTUAL Truth IS, EXACTLY?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:38 pmOh right, so you think that's you holding you're breath. Try again, but this time, see if you can force the breath to be on hold for as long as you can until you drop down dead, you'll soon find out it's not you forcing the body to release the hold.
That's a moot point...so I presume this is a concession from your previous statement.

And if I did pass out and automatically start breathing, how would that not "be me" doing so? Why am "I" disassociated from my breathing? Why are you? Why do you ignore the effort required for your life "To Be"? What does that effort represent, except that perhaps, you inadvertently admit to sources of energy and mechanisms which your life are Owed, rather than that you Own?
There’s no “me”being or “me”doing so.

There’s the pretence of a someone known as “me” being and doing so, and this pretence is nothing pretending.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:36 pmThere’s no “me”being or “me”doing so.

There’s the pretence of a someone known as “me” being and doing so, and this pretence is nothing pretending.
Oh great...a Nihilist. :x
Walker

Post by Walker »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:21 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:43 amContinuing to BE does not require effort. Being is purely automatic and spontaneous. A thirst comes, water is sought and drank, a hunger comes and food is sought and eaten, this is an automatic continuance of an alive being. Just as the heart continues to beat and the lungs continue to inhale and exhale air effortlessly. Hunger continues to come, thirst continues to come, wee and poo continue to be expelled from the body, no effort required.

When food is sought and eaten, hunger subsides, all of which is happening effortlessly. No person ever tells themself, gee, it's such an effort to obey my hunger pangs, or my thirst, most people usually rush to the nearest available tasty snack or drink instantly.

The continuance of BEING is not an effort. What would be an effort, and will most inevitably take a great deal of effort in fact, would be to intentionally resist seeking food to eat to eliminate effortless arising hunger pangs in the body, continuing to resist and ignore the hunger and just watching and waiting for their body to die from starvation, yes, that would take an enormous amount of effort to deliberately resist the bodies will to stay alive......And is not what is being discussed here.
I disagree. Being *IS* an effort, even when you become accustomed and habituated to it. The problem is ignorance. You are ignoring the energy and effort required for your upkeep. You aren't self-conscious of it, very much. That doesn't make it disappear. It only means that effort in addition to the upkeep, are what you consider "real effort". That's effort, on top of effort.

It's about what a person is conscious/self-aware of.
- Yes, the connection of mind and body is interesting when it comes to effort. The body can exert while the mind is at peace, without effort, and when that happens the body can do more effort than an efforting mind could allow. Bit of a paradox, unless one considers that efforting is caused by uncertainty, and dare we say ... choice?

- In the sense of wu wei, (roughly meaning actionless action) “effort” refers to mental resistance caused by overthinking that gets flavoured with mental debris.

- For example, consider a good broken-field runner in American football.
- He sees what to do instantly, does it, with no mental conflict or effort involved.

- Consider a songbird. It can fly through a canopy of tree leaves untouched, only the bird does it better than a broken-field runner because its not bouncing off limbs and leaves, and it doesn’t have the capacity to overthink.

- The American footballer flows with the reality of the ever-changing moment, as a physicist in action instantly calculating potential collisions, forces and motion, without the mental effort of conflict … or choice.

- So, what do we call someone who flows. A flower?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:03 pm VERY, VERY True.

And, GREAT ADVICE, AS WELL.
Age, to me this is quite funny, funny in the sense of exaggerated platitudes, exaggerated by the CAPS.

If you didn't intend funny, I'd say you're a naturally funny ... guy, and I think the probability of that correlating with reality is rather high if a statistically solid sampling would be commissioned.

Have I anticipated and answered your questions in advance, of course assuming you have any questions, going on odds of about 50/50, I'd say.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:45 pm
Age wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:03 pm VERY, VERY True.

And, GREAT ADVICE, AS WELL.
Age, to me this is quite funny, funny in the sense of exaggerated platitudes, exaggerated by the CAPS.

If you didn't intend funny, I'd say you're a naturally funny ... guy, and I think the probability of that correlating with reality is rather high if a statistically solid sampling would be commissioned.
Okay.
Walker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:45 pm Have I anticipated and answered your questions in advance, of course assuming you have any questions, going on odds of about 50/50, I'd say.
1. I had, and STILL HAVE, NO QUESTIONS.

2. The ONLY QUESTION I could see 'you' of 'anticipating' and 'answering' here, in advance, would have been the question, 'What do 'you' think "walker"?' But even then 'this question' would make absolutely NO sense AT ALL, regarding the fact that the part of what 'you' quoting me here SAYING was in direct reply to "dontaskme". So, 'now' I have A QUESTION, 'HOW and WHY did 'you' end up 'anticipating' whatever it was that 'you' have here?'
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:36 pmThere’s no “me”being or “me”doing so.

Oh great...a Nihilist. :x
Yes I agree, it's great, not only great, but super great, is this nihilistic reality. The absolute raw unfiltered truth behind all the apparent pretence.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:26 pm- So, what do we call someone who flows. A flower?
Sure, I like flower-ing as much as the next 'thinker'.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:42 am
Walker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:26 pm- So, what do we call someone who flows. A flower?
Sure, I like flower-ing as much as the next 'thinker'.
Floweringphiles are precursors to Flowingerphiles.

Flowingerphobes also follow this developmental progress.
duszek

Post by duszek »

It is not natural for a human being to just be or to reflect about what one is doing.

It is more natural to be inter-ested in something (inter - esse = between be), to be somewhere beyond oneself, trying to understand something or someone beyond oneself.

In novels which narrate using the stream of consciousness technique a character is usually beyond themselves, musing about the outside world.

It is usually a strong pain which makes us self-focuses.
duszek

Post by duszek »

One more point:

You cannot be in all of your entirely body consciously.
If you focus on how your toe feels like at a given moment you neglect the beating of your heart or your facial expression.
So even one´s own body is not oneself in this sense.
You cannot focus on all of your body on just one moment, you can only switch your attention from one body part to the next.