Ricky Gervais

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Ricky Gervais

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:14 pm th-2048854954-1.jpg
God, I hope he's not dead. I think Ricky Gervais is very smart and funny, but Krasinski is a very good director and seems like a lovely guy.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:03 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:49 pm God is dead, and u have killed him. how will u murderers wash the blood from your hands?
Well, thanks, but somehow I don't think that's what attophi meant. I assumed he meant Gervais, but he doesn't seem to be dead, so I'm confused.
It's a Christmas miracle!! They must have resurrected him.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:30 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:03 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:49 pm God is dead, and u have killed him. how will u murderers wash the blood from your hands?
Well, thanks, but somehow I don't think that's what attophi meant. I assumed he meant Gervais, but he doesn't seem to be dead, so I'm confused.
It's a Christmas miracle!! They must have resurrected him.
That's a very forgiving deity!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:16 pm
God, I hope he's not dead. I think Ricky Gervais is very smart and funny, but Krasinski is a very good director and seems like a lovely guy.
- Unless you knew him personally, he will always be as he always was to you ... words, pictures, sounds and videos.

- So, what's the cause of your sadness, your hope?
- Is the cause, that a dead person, any dead person, will not experience the life you imagine they should have experienced? (In principle, that would make you a colonialist; think about that in terms of how that is true, and not in terms of how it shouldn't be true, or else you won't understand it.)

- What else could the cause of the sadness or hope be, if all you knew of him was words, pictures, sounds and videos?
- Is the sadness because you will no longer be entertained? (The selfishness that implies, could give you pause.)

- Your knowledge of him is from the outside looking in, and your sadness, or hope, is your own, not his.

- If you're of the hopey tribe, and if he was dead, then put it to good use. Hope he's in a better place, as the saying goes.

Damn ... this is the lounge.
I didn't pause to see where I am.

Nevermind.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:16 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:16 pm
- Unless you knew him personally, he will always be as he always was to you ... words, pictures, sounds and videos.

- So, what's the cause of your sadness, your hope?
- Is the cause, that a dead person, any dead person, will not experience the life you imagine they should have experienced? (In principle, that would make you a colonialist; think about that in terms of how that is true, and not in terms of how it shouldn't be true, or else you won't understand it.)

- What else could the cause of the sadness or hope be, if all you knew of him was words, pictures, sounds and videos?
- Is the sadness because you will no longer be entertained? (The selfishness that implies, could give you pause.)

- Your knowledge of him is from the outside looking in, and your sadness, or hope, is your own, not his.

- If you're of the hopey tribe, and if he was dead, then put it to good use. Hope he's in a better place, as the saying goes.

Damn ... this is the lounge.
I didn't pause to see where I am.

Nevermind.
I do understand that it's the Internet with words on a screen and no tone of voice and body language...
But man 1) I was joking
2) you really went to town with a bunch of hallucinations and judgments
Walker

Post by Walker »

you really went to town with a bunch of hallucinations and judgments
Good for you, Hypocrite. Answer the questions, if you dare, lest my imagination defines you.

Oh, that's right. No philosophy in this thread. You're spared the effort that it must take.

:lol:
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:51 am
you really went to town with a bunch of hallucinations and judgments
Good for you, Hypocrite. Answer the questions, if you dare, lest my imagination defines you.

Oh, that's right. No philosophy in this thread. You're spared the effort that it must take.

:lol:
The questions don't apply. I was joking about being sad over Krasinski's (non) death.
Your questions are based on a false assumption.
Your imagination doesn't define me, lol. Follow your own arguments: you just got words on a screen, not even the pictures, videos etc. you mentioned me having of Krasinski who I am not grieving. Just words on a screen and you're not even a good reader of those. But if you want to define me in your own mind as some thing/one and that definition makes you feel good and right, you go ahead and do that.

And post some more of those great quotes from the guru. You're good at that. Good role modeling of effort.