US Veto of UN call for Ceasefire in Gaza

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

US Veto of UN call for Ceasefire in Gaza

Post by Gary Childress »

https://time.com/6344440/us-vetoes-un-r ... -backlash/

So apparently my leaders didn't like that the UN is not condemning Hamas for the attacks and voicing enough concern for Israel's right to defend itself. Now Russia and China are blaming us for the ongoing killing of Palestinian civilians because we vetoed a cease-fire resolution. A large portion of the world seems to back that assertion. Now what? Do we stand by our views and go against the majority of world opinion or do we give ground to show that we are not the monsters that many seem to accuse us of being?

It seems to me that this is why we are in the mess we are in. Much of the world has grown intolerant of us since the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. They've become intolerant of our stubborn refusal to cooperate with everyone else unless they back us. We've lost our credibility. George Bush Jr. should face trial for what his administration has done to us (let alone what he did to the ME). We can't fight world opinion. We can't fight the whole world. We need to get Biden out of office and get someone in who can repair our relations with the world. Unless we want to become an economically irrelevant backwater country.

Perhaps after the Bush Administration fiasco we deserve what we get, however, it's not going to be pleasant for many Americans.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: US Veto of UN call for Ceasefire in Gaza

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I wouldn't worry about 'world opinion' if I were you. Most people are just shallow dipshits, only interested in their own personal agenda. There are just a hell of a lot of people in the world who hate Jews. For whatever reason I have no idea--and I don't think they do either.
It would be a bit rich for the US to be demanding 'ceasefires' of other countries when it spends much of its time blowing up other countries. Same with the UK. Those pommy warmongering fuckwits have some nerve expecting anyone to believe that they have suddenly become compassionate pacifists :roll:
bahman

Post by bahman »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:41 am https://time.com/6344440/us-vetoes-un-r ... -backlash/

So apparently my leaders didn't like that the UN is not condemning Hamas for the attacks and voicing enough concern for Israel's right to defend itself. Now Russia and China are blaming us for the ongoing killing of Palestinian civilians because we vetoed a cease-fire resolution. A large portion of the world seems to back that assertion. Now what? Do we stand by our views and go against the majority of world opinion or do we give ground to show that we are not the monsters that many seem to accuse us of being?

It seems to me that this is why we are in the mess we are in. Much of the world has grown intolerant of us since the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. They've become intolerant of our stubborn refusal to cooperate with everyone else unless they back us. We've lost our credibility. George Bush Jr. should face trial for what his administration has done to us (let alone what he did to the ME). We can't fight world opinion. We can't fight the whole world. We need to get Biden out of office and get someone in who can repair our relations with the world. Unless we want to become an economically irrelevant backwater country.

Perhaps after the Bush Administration fiasco we deserve what we get, however, it's not going to be pleasant for many Americans.
I like what you said.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 amThere are just a hell of a lot of people in the world who hate Jews. For whatever reason I have no idea--and I don't think they do either.
For no reason whatsoever!!!

Wow what perfect little saints you are...chosen by God and everything! Can you do ANYTHING wrong, ever???

The chutzpah on this broad...yeeesh?!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

you wouldn't commense with a two month occupation and bombing campaign killing thousands of people becuz 'hamas hides out in tunnels and under schools and shit and so we gotta destroy everything' bullshit.

why not? becuz that would only temporarily shut hamas down. the second the smoke clears, new recruits join the ranks, hamas is rebuilt, and the terrorizing begins again months or years later.

israel's leaders know this. so, the endgame is to annex the strip, not stop hamas (which can't be done).

reckon there's any oil underneath that strip?

note to innocent Palestinians: you are being indiscriminately blown to smithereens becuz there's a shit-ton of black gold underneath your place, not becuz hamas is hiding out around there.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:41 am https://time.com/6344440/us-vetoes-un-r ... -backlash/

It seems to me that this is why we are in the mess we are in. Much of the world has grown intolerant of us since the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
An ACTUAL DISLIKE OF 'you' WAS GROWING BEFORE just those two INVASIONS.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:41 am They've become intolerant of our stubborn refusal to cooperate with everyone else unless they back us. We've lost our credibility. George Bush Jr. should face trial for what his administration has done to us (let alone what he did to the ME). We can't fight world opinion. We can't fight the whole world. We need to get Biden out of office and get someone in who can repair our relations with the world. Unless we want to become an economically irrelevant backwater country.

WHY, TO 'some', IS EVERY 'thing' ABOUT "americans"?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 am I wouldn't worry about 'world opinion' if I were you. Most people are just shallow dipshits, only interested in their own personal agenda. There are just a hell of a lot of people in the world who hate Jews.
Just like there WERE a LOT of 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this was being written, who HATED "palestinians", and "other LABELED groups" of 'you', human beings.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 am For whatever reason I have no idea--and I don't think they do either.
If 'you' can NOT STILL WORK OUT WHY a 'particular group of people' here, in this discussion, WOULD HATE a 'group of people' labeled "jews" here, then 'you' REALLY NEED TO OPEN UP, SOMEWHAT.

If 'you' REALLY have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY an 'oppressed group of people' WOULD HATE the 'group of people' who ARE OPPRESSING 'them', then WHY do 'you' think or IMAGINE 'this' COULD BE?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 am It would be a bit rich for the US to be demanding 'ceasefires' of other countries when it spends much of its time blowing up other countries. Same with the UK. Those pommy warmongering fuckwits have some nerve expecting anyone to believe that they have suddenly become compassionate pacifists :roll:
Here 'we' can CLEARLY SEE 'one' who HATES "others", of SPECIFIC 'GROUPS'.

Which, for some, 'they' would be WONDERING, 'For whatever reason 'they' have NO idea', AS WELL.

So, WHY do 'you' here "vegetariantaxidermy" HATE so-called and so-labeled 'pommy warmongering fuckwits', BUT do NOT HATE the 'jewish warmongering fuckwits'.

WHY when "warmongering fuckwit jews" INVADE, DISPLACE, OPPRESS, KILL, and/or MURDER people/s IN OTHER countries, then 'you' do NOT HATE those "jews", and even WONDER WHY "others" HATE "jews", BUT when "warmongering fuckwit yanks or pommies" INVADE, DISPLACE, OPPRESS, KILL, and/or MURDER people/s IN OTHER countries, then 'you' do HATE those "yanks and pommies", and probably even WONDER WHY "others" do NOT HATE 'them' AS WELL?