Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: Name that fallacy...

Post by seeds »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:56 am
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:31 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:32 am
tells us "HOW the Mind AND the brain WORK, EXACTLY"
Ah, is this the ol' Captain Kirk versus the android ploy?
:lol:

Here's some more brilliant strategy from Captain Kirk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw3zzMWOIvk
Ha!...That's a good one too.

I think we might be on to a possible solution to this Age problem!

Oh shoot! He's probably reading these comments and adapting like the Borg.

I personally think that in the interim, it would at least help if everyone would simply...

...stop feeding the troll!!!

(Dang it, this forum has had a :evil: negative :evil: influence on my disposition. Age, old buddy, if you read this, realize that we mean you no ill will. We're just trying different ways of getting through to you to help you better communicate with "us humans" in the days when this is being written. In the meantime, keep in mind that Lacewing is always lying to you even though she is telling the truth. :shock:)
_______
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 am I think we might be on to a possible solution to this Age problem!

:lol: :lol:
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 amAge, old buddy, if you read this, realize that we mean you no ill will. We're just trying different ways of getting through to you to help you better communicate with "us humans" in the days when this is being written. In the meantime, keep in mind that Lacewing is always lying to you even though she is telling the truth. :shock:)
_______
Yes!

Lots of ways to play the game.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 am ...stop feeding the troll!!!
Certainly a reasonable suggestion!
For me Age is an example of a pattern I encounter in others, out in the non-digital world. So, here in this thread that was meant to mock, it seems a perfect place to explore the pattern, so that it's easier to recognize IRL It's also interesting to see all that is seething underneath this pattern, when it pops out of Age.

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:59 pm

None of that tells us "HOW the Mind AND the brain WORK, EXACTLY". It's inexact, and it doesn't tell us how anything works at all.
Okay. If 'you' can NOT YET WORK OUT, FULLY, nor even ANY 'thing' ABOUT HOW the Mind and the brain WORK, EXACTLY, here, now, from what 'you' have so far been INFORMED OF, then 'this' IS TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE.

So, now if the one here known as "flashdangerpants" NEEDS MORE, then what would and DOES "flashdangerpants" NEED here, EXACTLY?

Also, and by the way, who and/or what does the 'us' word in 'your sentence' REFER TO, EXACTLY?
TELLING me what TO DO will NOT get you ANYWHERE.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:22 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:34 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:33 pm
The ABSOLUTE FEAR WITHIN 'this one' of JUST ANSWERING CLARIFYING QUESTIONS ASKED TO 'it', that 'it' WILL BE JUDGED, IN SOMEWAY, (like HOW 'it' JUDGES "others"), MUST BE SO STRONG, and A ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE and TERRIFYING 'thing' TO LIVE WITH, especially considering JUST HOW OBVIOUSLY DEBILITATING that FEAR REALLY IS, TO 'this one' here.
What a mass of judments and beliefs not at all justified.
What an ANOTHER False AND Wrong CLAIM OF yours here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:22 am I wrote:
Iwannaplato wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:47 pm
And what are you now sure of, now?

You asked;
In regards to 'what', EXACTLY?
And so, in response, I quote when you had said the phrase that prompted my question.
Okay. JUST MAKING SURE.
There, in the post my post had been focused on when I asked, you are saying you are making sure. So, I asked what are you now sure of. Me asking a clarifying question about what this meant.
AND I ASKED you TO INFORM me OF 'what' IS your CLARIFYING QUESTION IN regards TO, EXACTLY?

I STILL WAIT.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:22 am If you don't want to answer the question, that's fine of course.
BUT I AM WAITING FOR you TO PROVIDE the EXACT INFORMATION. Now, if you do NOT WANT to ANSWER this QUESTION, the I have EXPLAINED a REASON WHY. So now if you want to CLAIM that THAT REASON IS False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and/or Incorrect, then, PLEASE, by ALL MEANS, GO AHEAD and START EXPLAINING WHY, EXACTLY.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:22 am But just so you know, I already know your judgements and the bile that you feel in relation to people who don't do what you want. So, you don't have to keep repeating it.
AND you ARE, ONCE AGAIN, SHOWING and REVEALING your ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS. Which, let us NOT FORGET, you HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED could just be False and/Wrong anyway
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:22 am But if you need to express it, I suppose that might be good for you, even if it is misaimed.
AND if you can NOT OVERRIDE the FEAR WITHIN you here, then the DETRIMENT FOR you WILL JUST CONTINUE, and BECOME MORE EVIDENT.

Post by Age »

seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:56 am
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:31 am
Ah, is this the ol' Captain Kirk versus the android ploy?
:lol:

Here's some more brilliant strategy from Captain Kirk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw3zzMWOIvk
Ha!...That's a good one too.

I think we might be on to a possible solution to this Age problem!

I personally think that in the interim, it would at least help if everyone would simply...

...stop feeding the troll!!!
Wow now here is a GOOD IDEA, which ONLY one here has ACTUALLY DONE and IS FOLLOWING and ADHERING TO.

WHY these "other ones" like 'these ones' here do NOT IS FAIRLY OBVIOUS.
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 am (Dang it, this forum has had a :evil: negative :evil: influence on my disposition. Age, old buddy, if you read this, realize that we mean you no ill will. We're just trying different ways of getting through to you to help you better communicate with "us humans" in the days when this is being written.

ONCE AGAIN, here IS ANOTHER example of HOW 'these people', BACK THEN, when this was being written just COULD NOT COMPREHEND nor UNDERSTAND what I WAS ACTUALLY SAYING, WRITING, and MEANING TO 'them'. Even when I WRITE VERY CLEARLY IN PRINTED WORDS, and even HIGHLIGHT, and thus POINT OUT VERY SPECIFIC 'things'.

Now I WILL RE-PEAT 'this' here ONCE AGAIN and ONCE MORE FOR 'you' "seeds" and FOR 'you', :others', here who have ALSO NOT YET been ABLE TO UNDERSTAND here, - I AM NOT necessarily LOOKING TO nor even WANTING TO LEARN HOW TO communicate BETTER WITH 'you', human beings/posters, here in this form, nor in the days when this is being written.

My TARGETED AUDIENCE IS a VERY SPECIFIC AUDIENCE. Which does NOT necessarily exist IN the days when this is being written.

Now let us SEE IF 'this one' IS ABLE TO COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND, this time.
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 am In the meantime, keep in mind that Lacewing is always lying to you even though she is telling the truth. :shock:)
_______
Okay if 'you' SAY and BELIEVE SO, "seeds". BUT just so 'you' BECOME AWARE, I HAVE NEVER EVER THOUGHT 'this', AND probably NEVER WILL ALSO.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:24 am
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 am ...stop feeding the troll!!!
Certainly a reasonable suggestion!
For me Age is an example of a pattern I encounter in others, out in the non-digital world.
Here IS ANOTHER VERY GOOD example OF 'confirmation biases' AT WORK and AT PLAY here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:24 am So, here in this thread that was meant to mock, it seems a perfect place to explore the pattern, so that it's easier to recognize IRL It's also interesting to see all that is seething underneath this pattern, when it pops out of Age.
AND 'what' IS OBVIOUSLY, and, VERY CLEARLY SEEN here is 'this one' ALLUDING TO SOME, which 'it' IS SUPPOSEDLY SEEING, and IS BELIEVING IS here, BUT which 'others" have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA AT ALL TO 'what' 'it' IS even talking ABOUT or REFERRING TO, EXACTLY.

BUT 'this' was/is A VERY PERSISTENT HABIT OF 'this one'. ACCUSING "others" OF 'things' BUT NOT SAYING 'what' 'those things' ARE, EXACTLY, IS NOT SHOWING 'you' IN A GOOD LIGHT, AT ALL, as some might say.

In fact this VERY, NEGATIVE, JUDGING IN VERY DECEIVING and DECEPTIVE WAYS IS SHOWING and REVEALING 'you' as A VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF 'person'.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:43 pm
Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:30 pm

Okay. If 'you' can NOT YET WORK OUT, FULLY, nor even ANY 'thing' ABOUT HOW the Mind and the brain WORK, EXACTLY, here, now, from what 'you' have so far been INFORMED OF, then 'this' IS TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE.

So, now if the one here known as "flashdangerpants" NEEDS MORE, then what would and DOES "flashdangerpants" NEED here, EXACTLY?

Also, and by the way, who and/or what does the 'us' word in 'your sentence' REFER TO, EXACTLY?
This paragragraph is a single continuous thought and not to be broken up into a bunch of unrelated sentences, so please do not do that or I will send you back to this post and ask you to try again. The analogy here is to an elevator repair man who says he can answer questions of HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY. When asked HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY he then replies that you push the button and then the elevator arrives and it takes you to the other floors of the building. Nobody needs an expert on elevators to tell them that. And nobody needs you to tell them that brains store information.

This next paragpraph is also a continuous thought, and is a follow up to the previous one, please do not dismember it in your response. When the elevator breaks down, the elevator repair man who turns up and says "the problem here is that the BUTTONS don't 'WORK', to bring the ELEVATOR DOWN to your 'Floor'". The repair man is supposed to know HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY, which includes things about pulleys, ropes, and electronics. In other "words".... stuff that the average pedestrian doesn't already know because it's completely, worthlessly, obvious to any raging idiot.

This closing paragraph continues the trend of not being suitable for your one sentence at a time approach, and I politely request that you not take it apart either. Your offer to describe HOW the Mind AND the brain WORK, EXACTLY mirrors the fake elevator experts offer to describe HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY and is equally vapid and worthless.
Last edited by FlashDangerpants on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I'd like to know what medication Age is on.
And if he is not on any, then I want to know why!!

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:39 am
Age wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:43 pm
This paragragraph is a single continuous thought and not to be broken up into a bunch of unrelated sentences, so please do not do that or I will send you back to this post and ask you to try again. The analogy here is to an elevator repair man who says he can answer questions of HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY. When asked HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY he then replies that you push the button and then the elevator arrives and it takes you to the other floors of the building. Nobody needs an expert on elevators to tell them that. And nobody needs you to tell them that brains store information.
If there is ABSOLUTELY ANY 'thing' MORE that ABSOLUTELY ANY one REALLY WANTS TO KNOW, or REALLY WANTS CLARIFIED, then 'they' WILL, OBVIOUSLY, JUST ASK the ACTUAL and SPECIFIC CLARIFY QUESTION.

SIMPLE, REALLY.

BUT, SOME brains WITH ALREADY PREEXISTING VERY SPECIFIC BELIEFS or PRESUMPTIONS PERSISTING, ARE NOT ABLE TO COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND JUST HOW Truly SIMPLE and EASY 'things' ACTUALLY ARE here.

And 'this' IS perpetuated even MORE when, and by, A brain that IS BELIEVING that 'things' ARE ACTUALLY FAR MORE COMPLICATED here than 'they' REALLY ARE..
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:39 am This next paragpraph is also a continuous thought, and is a follow up to the previous one, please do not dismember it in your response.
Okay.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:39 am When the elevator breaks down, the elevator repair man who turns up and says "the problem here is that the BUTTONS don't 'WORK', to bring the ELEVATOR DOWN to your 'Floor'". The repair man is supposed to know HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY, which includes things about pulleys, ropes, and electronics. In other "words".... stuff that the average pedestrian doesn't already know because it's completely, worthlessly, obvious to any raging idiot.
HAD you, or WOULD you, JUST CONSIDER/ED that JUST MAYBE the button IS ACTUALLY BROKEN, or JUST NOT WORKING, and/or that 'that human being' was JUST INFORMING 'you' IF this Fact, BEFORE 'they' went about FIXING the ACTUAL 'problem' or 'issue' here.

Or, is 'this' 'your story', AND 'things' can ONLY be SEEN TO OCCUR or TO HAPPEN in ONLY, A, VERY LIMITED WAY/S.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:39 am This closing paragraph continues the trend of not being suitable for your one sentence at a time approach, and I politely request that you not take it apart either.
Okay. 'This', by the way, IS ANOTHER WAY, which be USED TO 'TRY TO' DEFLECT AWAY FROM 'things', but let us CONTINUE.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:39 am Your offer to describe HOW the Mind AND the brain WORK, EXACTLY mirrors the fake elevator experts offer to describe HOW the Buttons AND the elevator WORK, EXACTLY and is equally vapid and worthless.
your OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO CONFLATE AT LEAST TWO VIEWS/PERSPECTIVES here, UNINTENTIONALLY or NOT, SHOWS and PROVES JUST HOW MUCH 'you:, "flashdangerpants', REALLY ARE MISSING, MISUNDERSTANDING, and/or MISINTERPRETING here.

AND IF ABSOLUTELY ANY one would like to KNOW WHERE, HOW, and WHY, EXACTLY, then just let me know.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:36 am Here IS ANOTHER VERY GOOD example OF 'confirmation biases' AT WORK and AT PLAY here.
Here, above, IS ANOTHER VERY GOOD example OF 'confirmation biases' AT WORK and AT PLAY here.
AND 'what' IS OBVIOUSLY, and, VERY CLEARLY SEEN here is 'this one' ALLUDING TO SOME, which 'it' IS SUPPOSEDLY SEEING,
and IS
BELIEVING IS here, BUT which 'others" have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA AT ALL TO 'what' 'it' IS even talking ABOUT or REFERRING TO, EXACTLY.

BUT 'this' was/is A VERY PERSISTENT HABIT OF 'this one'. ACCUSING "others" OF 'things' BUT NOT SAYING 'what' 'those things' ARE, EXACTLY,
ISeething.

In fact this VERY, NEGATIVE, JUDGING IN VERY DECEIVING and DECEPTIVE WAYS IS SHOWING and REVEALING 'you' as A VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF 'person'.
In fact, here above, in this quote form Age is a VERY, NEGATIVE, JUDGING IN VERY DECEIVING and DECEPTIVE WAYS SHOWING and REVEALING 'you' as A VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF 'person'.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:41 am I'd like to know what medication Age is on.
Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of just HOW MUCH and if HOW OFTEN 'these people' would TALK AMONG "themselves" ABOUT 'others", and of HOW LITTLE EFFORT and of HOW LITTLE TIME 'they' ACTUALLY SPENT ON ACTUALLY SEEKING OUT and OBTAINING ACTUAL CLARITY FROM 'the source', itself.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:58 pm What an ANOTHER False AND Wrong CLAIM OF yours here.
Another false claim of yours.
AND I ASKED you TO INFORM me OF 'what' IS your CLARIFYING QUESTION IN regards TO, EXACTLY?
And I quoted YOU, your words, from the previous post. Your words from your post, so you MUST KNOW THE SPECIFIC CONTEXT. You said you were making sure. I asked what you were now sure of. You said Really? when I asserted something. Then said you were just making sure when you asked this. I asked what you were making sure of and quoted you in that post. Then you asked me what, so I quoted you again.
I STILL WAIT.
I've stopped waiting. I explained with a quote from you precisely what I was responding to twice.

But it's OK, Age. I will happily continue without your clarification.
AND you ARE, ONCE AGAIN, SHOWING and REVEALING your ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS. Which, let us NOT FORGET, you HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED could just be False and/Wrong anyway
AND you, Age, ARE, ONCE AGAIN, SHOWING and REVEALING your ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS. Which, let us NOT FORGET, you HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED could just be False and/Wrong anyway
AND if you can NOT OVERRIDE the FEAR WITHIN you here, then the DETRIMENT FOR you WILL JUST CONTINUE, and BECOME MORE EVIDENT.
AND if you, Age, can NOT OVERRIDE the FEAR WITHIN you here, then the DETRIMENT FOR you WILL JUST CONTINUE, and be just as evident. I don't think the degree of being evident can increase in your case. It is completely evident.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:26 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:41 am I'd like to know what medication Age is on.
Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of just HOW MUCH and if HOW OFTEN 'these people' would TALK AMONG "themselves" ABOUT 'others"
You don't seem to notice the irony that right here in this post you are doing what you are describing as negative.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:24 am
Age wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:36 am Here IS ANOTHER VERY GOOD example OF 'confirmation biases' AT WORK and AT PLAY here.
Here, above, IS ANOTHER VERY GOOD example OF 'confirmation biases' AT WORK and AT PLAY here.
Where, when, how, what, and WHY, EXACTLY?
AND 'what' IS OBVIOUSLY, and, VERY CLEARLY SEEN here is 'this one' ALLUDING TO SOME, which 'it' IS SUPPOSEDLY SEEING,
and IS BELIEVING IS here, BUT which 'others" have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA AT ALL TO 'what' 'it' IS even talking ABOUT or REFERRING TO, EXACTLY.

BUT 'this' was/is A VERY PERSISTENT HABIT OF 'this one'. ACCUSING "others" OF 'things' BUT NOT SAYING 'what' 'those things' ARE, EXACTLY,
Would you now CARE TO ANY TIME I HAVE ACCUSED ANY OF 'you', human beings, OF 'things', where I have, SUPPOSEDLY, NOT SAID what 'those things' were?

If no, then WHY NOT?
ISeething.
WELL 'this one's' PRESUMPTION here IS OBVIOUSLY ABSOLUTELY False AND Wrong, ONCE AGAIN I will add.

Unless, OF COURSE, 'it' IS REFERRING TO HOW 'it' IS feeling here.
In fact, here above, in this quote form Age is a VERY, NEGATIVE, JUDGING IN VERY DECEIVING and DECEPTIVE WAYS SHOWING and REVEALING 'you' as A VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF 'person'.
AND WHAT VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF 'person' IS 'that', TO 'you', "iwannaplato'?

ALSO, what can be VERY CLEARLY SEEN, and RECOGNIZE, here now IS the ACTUAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 'our' TWO CONTINUING HABITS.