What Women And Men Want

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

simplicity

Re: What Women And Men Want

Post by simplicity »

LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:04 pm
simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:44 pm Women want men who aren't egotistical god-wannabe babies who blame women for their inadequacies.
Women have taken their new found power and made themselves completely unattractive to men. Like I say, if you take sex out of the equation, what do women have to offer to men? Modern women are like adolescents on steroids.

OTOH, men have a great deal to offer to women [which is why these same modern women greatly desire a traditional man (who she can completely manipulate via sex)].
What in your opinion do Modern men offer Modern women (besides sex, as you stipulated)?
Look at what most modern women want in a man [the same as always]. They want a guy who is over 6', attractive, in good shape, one who appears that he can offer good genetic material [if she desires to procreate], one who can protect her and her children, and most importantly...RESOURCES. Even women who are quite successful financially almost always want a man who does better than her. She is primarily interested in what he can give to her. And for giving everything to her, she will consider having sex with him once in a while [although after 2 years, she probably isn't interested very much at all].

No woman would ever accept this kind of arrangement if the sides were reversed. Men shouldn't either.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 pm...
It seems that something has happened to you. Whether you're suffering from a mental break or bitterness eating you up from the inside... your views are absurd.

You are being too delusional and extremist to talk with... and I feel it's best to avoid you.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:43 pm
LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:04 pm
simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 pm Women have taken their new found power and made themselves completely unattractive to men. Like I say, if you take sex out of the equation, what do women have to offer to men? Modern women are like adolescents on steroids.

OTOH, men have a great deal to offer to women [which is why these same modern women greatly desire a traditional man (who she can completely manipulate via sex)].
What in your opinion do Modern men offer Modern women (besides sex, as you stipulated)?
Look at what most modern women want in a man [the same as always]. They want a guy who is over 6', attractive, in good shape, one who appears that he can offer good genetic material [if she desires to procreate], one who can protect her and her children, and most importantly...RESOURCES. Even women who are quite successful financially almost always want a man who does better than her. She is primarily interested in what he can give to her. And for giving everything to her, she will consider having sex with him once in a while [although after 2 years, she probably isn't interested very much at all].

No woman would ever accept this kind of arrangement if the sides were reversed. Men shouldn't either.
Oh, I apologize for being difficult to understand. I wasn't asking what in your opinion women want in a man, I was asking your opinion on what Modern women need in a man. Taking into consideration that women in the West are choosing to have children at the lowest rate in recorded history.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:55 pm
simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:33 pm...
It seems that something has happened to you. Whether you're suffering from a mental break or bitterness eating you up from the inside... your views are absurd.

You are being too delusional and extremist to talk with... and I feel it's best to avoid you.
I know it must be difficult chatting with somebody who disagrees with you and only an explanation like yours could possibly reveal how this could be.

You have demonstrated exactly what many women do when they don't like something...attack and disparage.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:59 pmOh, I apologize for being difficult to understand. I wasn't asking what in your opinion women want in a man, I was asking your opinion on what Modern women need in a man. Taking into consideration that women in the West are choosing to have children at the lowest rate in recorded history.
What does any self-sufficient adult "need?"

The fact that such a high percentage of single women are incredibly miserable might be a clue, though. The idea that women feel as if they can exist apart from men and have any shot at living a good life is [and will continue to be] a major wake-up call for millions who are going to find out what living your life out with several cats is going to be like.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:24 pm
LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:59 pmOh, I apologize for being difficult to understand. I wasn't asking what in your opinion women want in a man, I was asking your opinion on what Modern women need in a man. Taking into consideration that women in the West are choosing to have children at the lowest rate in recorded history.
What does any self-sufficient adult "need?"

The fact that such a high percentage of single women are incredibly miserable might be a clue, though. The idea that women feel as if they can exist apart from men and have any shot at living a good life is [and will continue to be] a major wake-up call for millions who are going to find out what living your life out with several cats is going to be like.
Uummm... not so much.

"Isn’t it interesting how fiction has often told us that single women are a bit sad and hapless, whereas single men are empowered and masterful? Naturally, the truth is rather different. Studies have blitzed the stereotype of the poor lonely spinster out of the water, revealing that women are actually happier being single than men. Further research has shown that single women without children were happier than both men and married women with children.

In research by Mintel, 61% of single women said they were happy with their relationship status, compared to 49% of single men. A further 75 % of single women were not looking for a partner, compared to 65% of single men. Single women are actively reveling in their solo status as a long-term and enjoyable thing. "
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:57 pmIn research by Mintel, 61% of single women said they were happy with their relationship status, compared to 49% of single men. A further 75 % of single women were not looking for a partner, compared to 65% of single men. Single women are actively reveling in their solo status as a long-term and enjoyable thing. "
Who exactly is Mintel and what is the quality of his/her research? You say that 75% of single women are not looking for a partner? Hard to believe.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:09 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:55 pm You are being too delusional and extremist
You have demonstrated exactly what many women do when they don't like something...attack and disparage.
I guess the way you are attacking and disparaging women in this topic is your demonstration of what men like you do when they want to blame someone else and avoid responsibility.

Did it ever occur to you that all of your crappy experiences with women are what your energy is drawing to you? Lots of people have different experiences and realities than yours.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:57 pm "...women are actually happier being single than men. Further research has shown that single women without children were happier than both men and married women with children."
I agree -- this is what I've experienced and heard from a lot of people I know. The dynamics are different now than in previous generations. Women don't have to rely on men the way they were expected to in the past, so many can choose to be single or they might choose partnerships that are more equal, with men who are capable of doing that.

Nearly all of the women I've known are happy being in charge of their own lives, whether they're single or partnered... and five of my closest friends (like me) have not had children.

I think misogynist culture has made it difficult for some people to understand and make this shift smoothly, but that's the way we're evolving and it seems to be a much better balance.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:41 am
LuckyR wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:57 pm "...women are actually happier being single than men. Further research has shown that single women without children were happier than both men and married women with children."
I agree -- this is what I've experienced and heard from a lot of people I know. The dynamics are different now than in previous generations. Women don't have to rely on men the way they were expected to in the past, so many can choose to be single or they might choose partnerships that are more equal, with men who are capable of doing that.

Nearly all of the women I've known are happy being in charge of their own lives, whether they're single or partnered... and five of my closest friends (like me) have not had children.

I think misogynist culture has made it difficult for some people to understand and make this shift smoothly, but that's the way we're evolving and it seems to be a much better balance.
I, too have anecdotal data that supports what research tells us.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:08 am
simplicity wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:09 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:55 pm You are being too delusional and extremist
I guess the way you are attacking and disparaging women in this topic is your demonstration of what men like you do when they want to blame someone else and avoid responsibility.

Did it ever occur to you that all of your crappy experiences with women are what your energy is drawing to you? Lots of people have different experiences and realities than yours.
I've had [on the whole] very positive experiences with women, but look at what's going on out in the world. The family is in crisis as are the relationships between men and women.

You need to be able to discuss a subject without making it personal. This is not about me or you. I am an extremely fortunate person who has enjoyed a great deal of success in my life. But it's not about me. Again, look at what's going on...it's not good.